“terrible food and service”
Review of Anchor Inn - CLOSED

Anchor Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2012

First time there and wont be back. First off the appitizer was awfull could of got the same thing from Bj's or Sams Club. Second the seafood sampler was really small and not much to it for the price. Third they ran out of the specials on a saturday night at 6 30. Fouth the tuna I got was over cooked and I could barely eat it and when told to the management all they did was offer another entree but that was after about 20 minutes before the server showed back up. Never even took it off the bill like a real restaurant would do. Terrible customer service.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We went on a Friday night at about 5PM. they had a nice special going on. All menu items were $15 or $17 if it had scallops. These scallops were large. Delicious calamari and corn bread. They had a nice happy hour. $2 house wines and domestic beer in bottles. We definitely will go back. The restaurant has a very nice casual and relaxed atmospere.

1  Thank telapeej
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We enjoyed our first visit to Anchor Inn. It was cozy, pleasant and not overly crowded. The seafood was excellent and we have no complaints about the food quality/taste. Because our order took a few minutes longer than normal, the manager bought us a round of drinks. Gotta love that! But when I paid the bill, the server shorted me $10. When I called her on it, she just said "oh, you're right" and coughed up the missing $10. No apology. That kind of spoiled an otherwise great dining experience. I'll go back, but I'll certainly be checking my change pretty carefully.

2  Thank bjandsj
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have been to this restaurant more times than I can count. The staff have always been courteous and concerned for my needs and have corrected anything that my lunchmates have not enjoyed immediately.
One time out of dozens of visits I felt the need to complain, and I had immediate satisfaction and the staff was very help.
I don't understand the negative reviews. I have can say that when you are seeking a reasonably priced place to eat good food- this is the place.
If you want high quality, high prices and excellent atmosphere, go to Freemason Abbey in Norfolk. If you want happy, affordable food with a great atmosphere, go here.

2  Thank LadyM1209
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We visited on a Saturday night with two other couples and opted for the $38 date night special. The grilled veggies served with the dinner consisted of a sliced tomato with two thin pieces of zucchini and one ribbon thin piece of squash, which were all tasteless and grill less. The crab cake was average and the shrimp consisted of 3small shrimp. Our bill was over $50 with tax and tip included. I can think of many other worthwhile restaurants to spend $50 a couple at in Virginia beach. We will not be doing dinner here Anytime in the future and unfortunately wont be able to recommend to other friends.

1  Thank Rose58277