“Closed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2014

It closed in late fall 2013. So far, no one has reopenened a restaurant at the site.
It was usually a very noisy place. the all you can eat food was so so at best.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Local who wishes this restaurant was a whole lot more! I live within a mile and had high hopes for this place as we eat out 4+ nights/week! It's just convenient with our hectic careers and kid schedule! The food was average at best and more importantly the service was mediocre! They had no sense of urgency or attention to detail! Unless you're a 'regular' or senior I'm not certain if you will be important to them.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Went here again last Saturday; I had the fried shrimp and steak special with couscous, my daughter had the steak special and my Mom had the fried shrimp with winter veggies. Margaritas were only 3 bucks on the rocks -can't remember the last time I even had a margarita because they are so over priced but not at the Anchor Inn! Our food was delicious-once again the BEST FRIED SHRIMP in Virginia Beach. It was a slow night for a Saturday; I seriously don't get why they aren't full every night! They had all sorts of decorations and lights outside letting people know that they are still open-I know that the owners are looking to retire but I haven't noticed a change in the food or service. Over the years if I had any problems with food or service it was always taken care of by talking to management or the owners-they have always been respectful to me and very accomodating so I don't understand the negative posts below.

Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

We had a $25 restaurant.com certificate and still wound up spending an additional $27 for 3 appetizers and 2 drinks. Waited 40 minutes for calamari, steamed shrimp, and wrapped scallops. The place is for sale; I can see why.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

First time there and won't be back, know why they are closing. Service was terrible. Took extremely long time to get luke warm food, not cooked to requested taste. Our waitress was bringing out food to other tables between serving our food, served two other tables before our table had our complete order. No seasoning (other than chopped parsley) whatsoever on the steak. Had to ask three different times for sauces. Salt container on table would not pour, might have been due to humidity. Had to pound on table several times before I could get it to work. Did not receive corn bread until after salads came out. Refresher basket did not get replaced until after dinner was about done. Can't remember how many times had to request beverage refill, but to give an idea when there is ice in cup and completely melts and beverage is less than 1/4" left, that was average for our refill wait.
From the time I asked for a to go dish & check, to the time to leave was over 1/2 hour.
Wait staff was rude and slower than than turtles. At one time children were coloring paper menu, could not be used again, and the waiter it took away from the children. Did get it back after showing it was no good due to coloring...he must not have better things to do, like filling drink cups, small stuff like that. I was embarrassed that I had to leave the table and confront the waitress for my check. I do not accept that type of service and would have walked out, but didn't want to stiff my friends for the check. There was so many people walking in and out of kitchen unknown who was manager, just wanted out of that place. I wouldn't call it a restaurant, as I didn't rest, but did get aggravated.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE TO HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE.