“Super customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Clearfield, Pennsylvania, United States
“Super customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

My son traveled here with a wrestling team over Memorial Day of this year. Several days after he got home, he realized he had left behind his Ipod and headphones. We thought it was long gone. I called the hotel and Maggie checked and the Ipod had been turned in by housekeeping. I sent her a prepaid envelope and it was mailed back to me. Thanks so much for the honesty of the staff who turned this in and the staff who returned it when they received my envelope! My son said this place was nice and was super crowded and the people were nice. Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tenbar3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This place is up to par with any Holiday Inn or other big name hotels, but the prices are the difference. My friends and I spent a whole week here and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff. They were very friendly, even gave us a discount for our third parking pass (you get one parking pass per room, we had three cars and two rooms). They have a pool, which was never crowded even on the weekends. There was a small noise problem but that just comes with Virginia Beach, people party there. Its the same no matter where you stay. Loved the Sundial Inn, will stay again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms father from 21st street will be quieter. Also weekends are a difficult time to get settled in...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessie w
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My family had a great time. Everything was clean, the housekeepers did a great job of cleaning the sand out of the tub everyday after a family of five!! It was comfortable and conveniently located. We loved how close the beach and the beach street festivities were. We plan on staying again next time. Can't beat the price or the convenience!!

Room Tip: If you like to people watch, the balcony is a great choice!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Crystal D
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great location. Good for the price. Did have a little trouble with noise but not too bad. Good access. Cleaning staff is not the best but we brought our own cleaning anyway. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emily S
Edmore, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Sundial Inn for many years. The services is great. Check in and out is always quick. I love the people..very friendly. Great access to many of the attractions, restaurants and beach. Whenever I've needed anything, I got a quick response. Always felt very safe staying there. Sometimes on the weekends, it gets a bit noisy because of everyone having a great time. But never had any troubles to where law enforcement needed contacting. I would recommend this place to all my friends. I love staying with them when I am in town.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the second floor. I always let them know that I am traveling with children. They...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon B
Moorestown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am an photographer as a hobby. I traveled to Virginia Beach to photograph an Airshow.
Check in was a breeze I went up to my room and fell fast a sleep after a 4 hour drive. About 1:30 a.m. I hear a bunch of yelling out on the balconey. Startled,I move the curtain aside and peek out.
A group of three Black guys are yelling back and forth to each other on the balcony. Never mind they are only 15 feet apart they are yelling. One guy is eating a bag of chips as he yells spraying them all over the floor of the balconey. I called down stairs,called the Police nothing. It went on for a good 40-45 minutes. The Police did show up and I believe took one away. I would have opened the door and talked to them but I had $2500.00 in camera equipment in the room. Besides,theis may have been their plan! I had the impression that this Hotel may have year round residents who are section 8.
For what it's worth my room was very clean and free of smells. However,at night I am not going to call this a place I would call safe. A lot of people just hanging out and walking real slow.
As I left in the morning I could see cigarette butts and a half bag of potato chips strewn out on the balconey. Truly a class act.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank dave3006308

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Motel is in great location management is poor service frontdesk is excent. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BRING BED BUGS IN UR HOUSE ...maneger even BLAME ME that I brought the bed bugs in the motel while I'm the one got beated up and need to go to the doctor!! And I cannot get my money BACK go else where for better service

• Stayed August 2012