“A mixed bag”

Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We stayed at the Sundial Inn June 29th though 30th. Our parents treated my wife and I to our room, so we really couldn’t complain too much, though they were not happy. My feelings about the hotel are mixed. First the good. The Inn is right on 21st street, which I-64 turns into, so it was easy to find. It was two blocks off the beach, which was nice. Fairly quite except for Saturday night with all the 4th of July traffic coming in, a few car stereos needed to tone down the base. Now the bad. The rooms were pretty old and worn, but they were clean. The bathroom was fine and clean. No coffee maker but there was a fridge. They didn't have any of the "do not disturb" signs, so if you slept in, you got a knock from housekeeping. The dead bold didn't work. The striker plate was too high. I told one of the managers about it and he seemed concerned and said that they would take care of this that day. Something like that should have been noticed years ago when the building was built unless they recently redid some of the doors. As I left, they hadn't fixed it. The rate on Priceline was $135, but the manager reported that if we had of called directly, they could have saved us 10%. If you view a hotel as a place to crash for a few hours in between the beach and going out, it is fine. If they would renovate the rooms, this would be a sweet place to stay.

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2004

My boyfriend and I went down to VA beach for 4th of July weekend and needed a place to stay for one night since we arrived a day early. The Sundail Inn is definitly one of the cheaper hotels we found but you get what you pay for. The hotel is definitly dated and the pool was small and surrouned by concrete wall next to the parking lot and dumpsters. As soon as we walked into our room it was oozing with the smell of cigarette. We didnt' ask for a smoking room. The bathroom was scarey and I refused to walk barefoot. The beds smelled of cigs, thankfully I was smart enough to have brought my own pillows and bath towels. I would rather spend more money next time than stay at this place. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is located 1 block from the beach and it's in the middle of the fun and action. We decided on this place because of the price and location. But I'm sure we'll stay somewhere else next time.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member