“Bed Bugs”

Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I stayed in the hotel a few days ago. Needless to say, I live in virginia beach and my friend had came up for the weekend. I wanted to escape myself and when she came up, I knew she was going to stay in this hotel. I went to sleep only to wake up to many bites on my shoulders and ankles. Went to the doctor and they told me I had bed bugs. Please don't stay at the SunDial Motel, although it is a great location, the service is poor and they have bed bugs and God Knows what else in their rooms.

*** irginia Beach Native

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank faatimahlove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hague, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

We arrived and were excited because of the location we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. On the sign out front it states the participate with AAA but I was denied the discount. They said the rate was already cheap enough. Check in was very fast. The parking lot is VERY small & they also rent out parking spaces by the day so it can get pretty full! When I went into my room it looked clean but it smelled AWFUL It smelled like some kind of animal urine! It was also very hot inside & it took a very long time to cool down.
We went out for awhile, when we returned we got stuck in the elevator & had to use the call button for help! It suddenly started working again. When I got back to the room my door was partially open. I called the desk to tell them about the elevator & my door. They said the same thing happened the previous weekend with the elevator. As for my door they said that I must not have shut it hard enough! I made sure that is was locked before I left. I told them that nothing was missing & they told me not to worry. I also asked about the smell in my room & was told that rooms are cleaned daily, If I wanted another room I could switch. Isaid I wanted to see the new one first but was told "No". I told them I was not happy with the accomodations & asked to be refunded my money so I could go stay somewhere else. I was told that they do not refund for ANY reason so we were stuck. If you can afford to pay a little more you should do it. This place is just awful! We will not stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Nannamry1966

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Sherbrooke, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

we went for the second year and it was very well.we arrived and the room we ad was a little bit smaller than last year so we ask the next morning to the teller a the counter if it was possible the have the similor room that we have last time ,that she check the computer and she said that there we be a room ready for us in a hour.we were happy.when you ask something in a nice way you got something nice in return.
i did read last year the negative comment and i was affraid to go but i was pleasently surprise.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank danielle047
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

After reading the reviews I was so afraid when my family told me they booked this hotel. I did not know what to expect. We had over thirty people checking in. We organized it so that we could do it in an ordely fashion, check went smooth all people was check in. the process took about 45 minutes. Once I got to my room, I found a very clean room. The bathroom was clean and fresh. The kitchen redone. The beds were comforatable and clean. The sheet crips and white and the towels looked to be brand new. There was no complanits from any of our thirty plus guess. The hotel is in the perfect location. you are just one block off the beach and very close to all attractions. I got to expereince the strip without having to be on the strip. One thing i did not like was that Mcdonalds is right next to the hotel, but then it did not bother me so much because we got to watch cars being towed off the parking lot and look at people wonder what happened to their car so that was free entertainment. The staff was great, I left some of my kids laugage in the room they shipped it to me the next day, cant be great service and good prices. Dont be fooled this is no five star hotel, but if you are looking to clean affordable and close then this is the place to go. Once other thing the pool is no bigger than an extra large hottube but who needs the pool when the beach is just down the street

• Stayed August 2010
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Upon arrival my family and I were excited about the hotel we booked for our long awaited vacation. The pictures on online made the room look absoultely amazing. I booked my room and almost immediately called other family members to tell them about my awesome find. And they immediatelt booked 3 other rooms.

When we arrived we were very suprised to find that our room looked nothing like the rooms that were pictured online.

The outside of the building was very run down and looked like it was a hotel that would be found in the slums. We asked when we checked in if our room was one of the newly remodled ones that I was told of when I booked the room. (Was told every room was recently renovated....3 months ago.) And boy oh boy were we suprised when we opened the door. Smelled like smoke (a non smoking room) and was NOTHING like the pictures online (we were incredibly mislead).

I immediately went to go get a new room and stressed that this was not what we were expecting at all. We were definitely lied to. The only new updates in the room were a new fridge and light fixture. I expressed to them that I was expecting a nicer and cleaner smelling room. (Something that looked like the online photos.) And the lady at the front counter just argued with me saying that she was sure all the rooms were not smoked in and of a upper scale quality.

I am extremely unhappy with this hotel for the amount I paid.

Swiming pool by the dumpster, an electrical outlet coming out of the wall, poor parking (dark lot set back from the hotel), musty smokey and unclean smell (did I mention I had a 4 year old and 10week old child with me), and very poor customer service.

Only good thing.....close to beach and stove/fridge in the room.

H. Ott

• Stayed August 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 days and 3 nights. We are in college and had to stay somewhere reasonable....most places in Va beach at the same price range are terrible....Sundial was worth every penny! Our room was clean, smelled good, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Our sheets and towels were changed and the room was cleaned every day. The location was perfect and minutes from everything, including the aquarium and beach! The pool is small, but perfect to cool off!
Also, the bar across the street called "Zeros" has great food!
We will be staying again at the Sundial during our future trips to VA beach.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
pittsburgh, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

The price was right, and there were 3 adults and 2 kids, I thought the hotel room was very nice compared to Ocean City. The pool was very nice, the maintenance man left the kids stay in the pool longer. the only things wong was always had to get my own towels they never gave enough for the five of us, and therewere not enough dishes for five people. The beds were like bricks, but other than that, the room was nice and the office people were just okay, not very friendly, and didn't know much about the surrounding area for us to do things, had to figure it out myself, using phone book. Would stay again, but the beach is TERRIBLE, Ocean City was better.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family