“Virginia Beach Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Virginia Beach Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The Blue Marlin motel may look like a regular hotel, but its not. This place had gorgeous rooms for the price we paid. The pool was nice and crystal clear blue, and it was very much relaxing. The noise level was good, and it was peaceful. The room had a full kitchen, comfortable beds, and a nice big bathroom. It was a little less than a block away from the beach and shops, which I absolutely loved. I would defiantly go back when I plan a trip to Virginia Beach again.

Room Tip: Corner suite next to the pool, is the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aleshia W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose the Blue Marlin based upon recommendations for Best Virginia Beach value and stayed for 1-week. We are so glad to have stayed there and will definitely return. It was even better than expected. Here are examples of our pleasant surprises:

1. Price/value - If you have searched for nice hotels based upon price and location then you already know this.

2. Location to Beach - We saved money by not booking a hotel right on the beach and ended up being amazed by the location of the Blue Marlin. It is right across the street on the beach, Atlantic Avenue, and an easy, safe 2-minute walk. Also, since the Blue Marlin is only 4 stories, it's probably easier to get too and from the beach than at one of the high rise beach hotels. We ended up on the 4th floor with an awesome view of the ocean.

3. Location to Activities - You may know that Atlantic Avenue, an easy 1 minute walk from the hotel, is "Beach Street USA" with tons of free, great, family entertainment every night. The Blue Marlin is about directly in the middle of Beach Street with an equal amount of activities on either side of Atlantic. This location couldn't be better!

4. Room - Very clean. Also, the tile floors were a nice touch to easily manage the sand from the beach. The in-room refrigerator allowed our family to have breakfast in the room and make lunch for the beach. Although their is no freezer in the refrigerator and no ice machine at the hotel, a 7-11 is an easy 1 minute walk. Also, the pool was a great, quick way to refresh after the beach and sand.

I would highly recommend this for travelers wanting a great value and an amazing location. Thanks Blue Marlin. See you next year!

Room Tip: The top floor (4th floor) all have great ocean views if you like views and don't mind stairs or...
2 Thank Scott F
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We visited this motel at the end of June. Paid for a room with ocean view. The people at the office were rude, it felt like the last thing they wanted to do is to work. The motel looks bad, poor and neglected. The room we've got was dirty and full of dust. The lamp did'nt work and the bath tub was dirty. When we asked the man at the front desk to change the room, he argued and insisted that "the motel's rules" are that he can give us another room only after he sees the room and convinced that it is not clean. When he got to the room he argued that it was clean and refused to give us a different room. After an argument he agreed to give us a different room. When we got into the new room we foundout that it was dirtier: hair on the bathroom walls, sand on the sheets. It was late and we could'nt look for a different hotel so we stayed, could'nt fall a sleep, just waited for the morning to come so we can run away from this dump...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barnoga

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Vestaburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This motel is a great place. I was a little nervous about booking it at first. I was very pleased with the staff and the room. sand made floor a little gritty but nothing to complain about. Loved that it was only a block away from the beach too. I will definatly keep this place in mind for my next trip to Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: No fitness center clicked by mistake. Great location everything in walking distance.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was very nervous about booking a cheaper hotel, with hope of not checking into the bates motel. I was very pleased with the staff and our room. The tile floor in the room got slick a few times from my kids tracking sand in the room upon returning from the beach, but nothing major. Alot of great shops and restraunts within walking distance. I will keep this hotel in mind if I plan another trip to Virginia Beach.

Clinton, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at the hotel. Room 419 ocean view. Looks nice inside the room but not worth saving money to be bitten like crazy. First night I woke up with a couple of bumps on me and just thought a mosquito had bitten me. Second night I woke up to over 55 bites on me. I told the front desk and showed some of the bites to them along with an actual bed bug that I caught from the back of the mattress. Was told he would call the owner and have the owner call me. We got our stuff and a can of bed bug spray from Walgreens and checked out. Upon checkout I asked about the owner and was told he had left two messages on the owner's phone and that I should get a call. It has been 10 hours since that conversation and I have yet to receive a call. Please do not subject your family to this unclean place! Pay a little more and stay somewhere that you can be comfortable and not paranoid about being infested. I will be contacting the local health board tomorrow and filing a complaint. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS!

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel other than this one.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 482John_L482
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

this is the first time we stayed here at the Blue Marlin but to tell you the truth it was a joke. first we checked in and it was raining so we park the car near the front so it was easy for us to bring our stuff to the second floor which had no elevator. once I got into the room there was nothing the bedroom made, nothing in the kitchen no tables no chairs. there is nothing for us to put our clothes on or hang up there was cloest so we used the iron board.after we came inside the room I went downstairs to ask them if they had any pots or pans no coffemake and the stick cause it squeezed in tight spot. they tell us we had to bring owe. Then later in the week were gold that we had to move our vehicle because our car was blocking the view. All im sayin this hotel is terrible.

Room Tip: Make sure when booking room call ahead plenty of times before you leave to make sure there were no l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends