“What the previous reviews said were true! Crabs here are very good.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South End Pub - CLOSED

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Fairfield, OH
“What the previous reviews said were true! Crabs here are very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2007

I followed the suggestions and tried out the South End Pub.
The location is very convenient from my stay on Atlantic Ave. My wife and I enjoyed the hard shell crabs thoroughly. Price for drinks at the bar is very reasonable also. This is the place you should not miss if you like to eat steamed crabs! (and other things, like their she crab chowder!) Thanks for the reviews, they led us to the place.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Never eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2007

The wait staff is on drugs.I'm not kidding.The waitress was clearly under the influence.She shared with us that the two other tables she had while we were there didn't tip her. Neither did we.We had to flag her down when we needed something.Two meals were finished by the time the third came out.We had to keep asking where the 3rd meal was, which we ended up getting a box for. They charged my card twice. When i called back up there for an explanation they were so rude to me on the phone.I don't know how this place passed a health inspection.I live at the beach and will never dine in this [--] ever again.I will tell everyone about my experience, and the awful service i received.

2 Thank alison75
bigboy53
“Best Crabs I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2004

This is a real find...It is a place that the locals go for hard shell blue crabs and seafood. Not the usual tourist bar or restaurant fare. Their slogan is "THE FRESHEST SEAFOOD ABOVE SEA LEVEL" and they do not exaggerate! I tried the jumbo hard shells which were awesome. Huge and sweet. Usually it takes a dozen hard shell crabs to fill me up but 3 of these were all I needed. For lunch the soft shell crab sandwich was better than I have ever had in Annapolis, Baltimore, Ocean City, Bethany or Rehobeth. I did not try their other items, but I will definitely be back! Check out their website: (commercial URL)

3 Thank bigboy53