“Great location, plenty to do”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for 3 days with my sister and cousin. We originally had a room with double beds but was called and offered a free upgrade to one of their suites. We arrived early and were able to check right in. The room was spacious with a microwave and refrigerator. Very clean and well laid out. The entire staff was exceptional, so friendly, accommodating, helpful. They all made us feel so welcome. We had a beautiful beachfront view and enjoyed their warm breakfast each morning. We hated to leave. I would definitely recommend this hotel for individuals or families.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan J
Iris C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review, Jan J! I'm so glad we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade! Upgrades are hard to come by over the summer, so it's great that you were able to enjoy the extra space. Our staff is definitely top-notch and they all will be thrilled to read your rave review! Thanks for choosing my hotel and I hope you think of us again the next time you visit Virginia Beach! Have a fantastic summer!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Best hotel I have stayed at on the oceanfront in years! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, rooms were very clean and the large bathroom was great. The breakfast buffet was more than we expected and was very good with plenty of options to suit everyone along with 2 rooms to seat everyone. The workout room was disappointing for my husband as he is a gym person and it only had 3 cardio machines. The indoor pool was very tiny and on the days it rained was packed so we could not enjoy it. Overall, this would be a hotel i would stay at time and time again and I would give it an A+.

Room Tip: My suggestion would be to try and get a queen or king room if possible as those are a little larger...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DisneyGal73

Thank you for your "best hotel at the oceanfront" review! I'm so pleased to read your wonderful comments about our breakfast buffet and seating! I'm sorry you all didn't fully enjoy the gym and indoor pool. I know that must have been frustrating at times. But thank you for your A+ rating - I hope you think of us again the next time you vacation in Virginia Beach! Have an awesome summer!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent a week here as my husband was playing in a Veteran's Cup Soccer Tournament in Virginia Beach. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff from the maintenance people to the housekeepers to the front desk. Friendly, helpful, exactly what a hotel staff should be like. Not once did we come in or leave without someone saying hello, how are you, have a great day or how was your day. In the scheme of things, not that important, but we noticed.

The hotel is located right on the beach and all the rooms have balconies facing the boardwalk, beach and ocean which was my main reason for booking this particular hotel. And because it is a Marriott, we knew it should be fine. It is older, definitely could use some updating and refreshing, but the room and bathroom were very clean - there was some peeling ceiling paint over the tv, the rug was frayed in places, but that was pretty unimportant because the cleanliness made up for it. The hotel lobby could use some work, but again, relatively unimportant. Location, location, location is the name of the game.

Complimentary breakfast was a huge plus, especially since we were on the run most days to get to soccer fields. It was ample and varied. It is extremely quiet--I spent whatever time we were in the room sitting on the balcony and you could hear all the noise from the boardwalk and beach; go back in the room, shut the door and instant silence.

My only negative is that is there is no lounge, bar, restaurant--I know there are lots and lots of places within walking distance, but at night or in between games, there were times we just did not feel like going back out again, so that would have been a plus. But it was my own fault for not doing more research before we booked. We will be back again the same time next year so am going to check out the other Marriott properties on Atlantic Ave.

Room Tip: I would guess they are all the same as all of them face the beach which is wonderful!! And they all...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamacyn
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our entire staff thanks you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a comment about the serviced we provided. Here at the Fairfield we take guest satisfaction very seriously. We take pride in providing quality service as well as our ability to connect with every single guest that walks through our doors. We hope that you will come back and see us again really soon. Thank you for choosing our hotel and have a great day!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrived at hotel early and were able to check in, the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Stayed in a king room on the 9th floor, beautiful view from the balcony and very spacious. Spent two days on the beach, Virgina Beach really is a great place to visit. So much to do, great boardwalk, clean, great restaurants. The hotel was excellent with one minor exception, there was a weird odor in the lobby and on the first floor our entire stay. It was sort of a cross between a chemical and body odor, not pleasant but not over powering. Didn't use the indoor pool, it didn't look terribly clean. Great hotel, great location, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was excellent, a very large selection of foods. I would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ranhar2
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I will be sure to pass on your "dis-likes" about our hotel to the various departments. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites we take pride in providing the best service possible for our guest. We take both positive and negative feedback from guest in order to better the hotel as a whole. I hope you will come back and see us again really soon and we hope you are having a wonderful day.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! They were constantly maintaining the inside and outside while we were there, the indoor pool is great for when you get tired of the beach and sun. Can't beat the hot breakfast and round the clock coffee and lemon water. Staff met our requests and went above and beyond our expectations. The location was great as well, and parking easy.

Stayed: July 2014
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

WOW!!! Thank you so much; I will be sure to let the staff know how much you enjoyed the service and hospitality they provided you. The staff here takes pride in their ability to connect with every guest and make everyone feel like they are right at home. I am glad you were able to experience this first hand. We hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future and thank you for selecting the Fairfield Inn and Suites. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here with family during Memorial Day weekend. We booked two suites, and there was a bunch of us. Some of us arrived early, so Luckily I got to break in one of the beds before the rest of the family came down. That may have been the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. Mattress and pillows were soft enough, exactly how I like it. The staff was very friendly from housekeepers, to the front desk agents (I work at the front desk at a hotel, I may have picked up a thing or two from these folks on how to be a better GSA), and the breakfast staff (breakfast was also good, although a waffle or pancake machine would've been cool). Parking was ample, and we pretty much left our cars in the garage because literally everything was within walking distance. Complementary ice water in the lobby was really clutch, especially since it was pretty hot outside the whole weekend. In the event I come back to the area for whatever reason and rooms are available, I'd come back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pthomas92

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing quality customer service to all our guest and we hope that you will come back and see us again soon. Thank you for staying once again and we hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. During the time we stayed it is definitely a weekend spot so if you can stay during the week, the rates are much cheaper.

We booked a king jacuzzi room and stayed on the 3rd floor. The view was amazing! The wait staff was very helpful and kept the room very clean.

The hotel is in a good location (north of the pier)

The pool and jacuzzi in the hotel was very well kept. Used it when the weather started turning bad outside.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

First, I would like to thank you for selecting Fairfield Inn and Suites for you stay while visiting Virginia Beach. I am very glad to hear that your stay with us, met your expectations and you had a great time. We take pride in providing quality customer service to everyone who walks through our doors, and comments like this give us the energy to do it day in and day out. Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we hope that you will come back and see us again very soon. Thank you for selecting Fairfield Inn and Suites and we hope you have a wonderful day.