Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is my second time to the hotel. The hotel staff are awesome very friendly. The hotel is located i think in the beat spot right in the middle of atlantic ave so you can go ether way up or down the street and see the sights. Has a great breakfast, clean rooms. I cant speak enough how i really enjoyed my trip and stay down there. Cant wait for my next visit maybe in september enjoyed the hotel and beach i am going to make it a monthly trip down there and to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for you positive comments. we are very glad that you enjoyed you time with us at Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites we take pride in not only providing guest with a clean room and great service but also our ability to connect with every guest and make them feel right at home. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and you stay here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites we look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I visiting VA Beach last weekend and the weather was awesome for starters! The check in was efficient and the staff was nice and professional. The parking garage...was probably the worse part of the stay. And now I know there's only so much space that can be given to the hotels on this strip so I won't bash it too much. We arrived in a Dodge Ram and the parking spaces were so tight it was hard to get in and out of the car. But once inside of the hotel, it was clean and colorful...great for the beach. The pool was up and running even though we're located right on the ocean. Our room was great (8th floor to get the great view). We had a king room with Jacuzzi...the room was clean and spacious. The best part was the balcony that has two chairs where you can sit and people watch. I occupied the balcony more than the room I think. The ONLY bad part about the room which is more of my fault was the fact that there is a 3" tall metal plate leading out to the balcony that the sliding doors sit on that I kept stumping my toe on...but in Fairfield's defense..it does say watch your step. All in all it was a great location and I will definitely be staying here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Get a high floor...the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misti R
Iris C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel! You put in so much great detail about your hotel experience and I'm so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us! Our parking can get pretty tight-I usually suggest guests coming in SUVs should try to park on the 3rd level where there's a little more room to maneuver. I'm glad you took advantage of that high floor view and jacuzzi! I hope your toes feel better! The next time you visit Virginia Beach, you can contact me directly for any reservations. Hope you visit us sooner than later!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here the weekend before going to OBX and though an older property was a very nice stay. They keep things very clean the front desk was polite and helpful. The breakfast not bad at all for a free buffet and then there is the view which is just awesome. Steps from your room to the beach and the lifts were not even that bad of a wait. Would stay here again but would really like to try the Hilton next time. Value for price paid I would say is fair and your in the center of all the action.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much for you kind words. I will be sure to let my staff know that you felt welcome as soon as you arrived. Comments like this really make the work we do here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites worth the effort. We pride ourselves on providing quality customer service to every guest that walks through our doors. I am glad that you were able to experience not only our wonderful staff but also the beautiful oceanfront view from your room. Feel free to come back and visit us at anytime. Thank you for your comment and for selecting Fairfield Inn and Suites, have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was surprised this hotel had a vacancy just days before our stop in VA Beach in mid-August. You will not find a better oceanside hotel for the money. Updated, clean rooms...friendly and helpful staff...nice indoor pool and hot tub...great breakfast is included...and you will spend all of 30 seconds walking from the hotel to the beach. The day after our trip, I received an email from the hotel's operations manager asking for feedback, good or bad. She included her direct telephone number and email. 100% recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Wow, Thank you so much for you comment. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites "Guest Satisfaction" is our main focus and we seek to make sure everyone who walks through our doors will want to come back and visit us. I am glad you enjoyed the room we provided for you and I will be sure to pass on to our operations manager (Iris) that you liked the departure email you received from her. We hope you will come back and see us again very soon, and thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary in Virginia Beach with a four day stay at the Fairfield. The staff was very professional and courteous. The room attendant(s) were awesome, and made reentering our room an inviting experience. Also the free Continental breakfast was absolutely healthy and delicious.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reba B

Well congratulations on 28 years of marriage, I am so happy that you selected our hotel for this special occasion. Here at the Fairfield we take pride in making the guest happy and making everyone feel welcome as soon as they walk through our doors, no matter if they are here for business, a sports competition or in your case a anniversary, we seek to make their stay with us special and memorable. We hope that you will come back next year to celebrate 29 years of marriage. Thank you once again for selecting our hotel and congratulations once again on your anniversary.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have stayed on the strip/oceanfront many times. This hotel is located mid strip and well located to walk to many restaurants and shops. The hotel is fairly new and well kept. The front desk was very friendly upon arrival and we were fortunate they allowed us to check in about 1pm. The rooms are neat and clean. I did not hear any of my neighbors, so the rooms are well insulated. The hotel was full, but quiet for sleeping.The free breakfast included scrambled eggs and other warm items. It was more than just cereal and buns. I will definitely return to the Fairfield.

3  Thank movedsouth

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You were correct about the quite rooms we try to make sure that every guest that stays with us is able to fully relax and enjoy their stay and some times that means peace and quite. I will be sure to pass on to the breakfast staff that you enjoyed the meal maybe next time you come and visit with you we will have some different items for you to try. Her at the Fairfield Inn and Suites we take pride in providing quality service to all of our guest, and I am so glad that you were able to experience that first hand. Thank you once again for selecting Fairfield Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean especially for a beach side hotel. Staff EXTREAMLY helpful and very friendly. Rooms spacious and well furnished. Nice pool. Good parking. Very good breakfast. Housekeeping was prompt and thourough. Would highly recommend.

3  Thank jpswv
Iris C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for your great review! I appreciate your feedback and mentioning our wonderful staff, spacious guest rooms, and complimentary hot breakfast buffet! Our housekeeping staff is truly fantastic and I'm so pleased to read they met your needs promptly and thoroughly! I'll be sure to share your review with my team! Thanks for visiting Virginia Beach and we'll be happy to be a part of your vacation the next time!