“Amazing Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chattanooga, United States
“Amazing Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Hilton is by far the best place to stay at Virginia Beach! The restaurants in around the hotel are amazing; whether you are eating breakfast, lunch or dinner-all good. If you are looking for a great night with your spouse-Salacia is a must do. The service at the hotel is amazing-GiGi is a gem-you will love her. The front desk staff was quick-literally checked in and in my room in 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Keith M
David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to share your comments with the restaurants, front desk and Ms. Gigi. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Dave Schaum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pros:
Location
clean and newer
parking ($8 a day in parking connected parking garage)

Cons:
although the pool on the roof is nice with a bar, it's on the smaller side
Elevators (only 3 for a 20 story hotel) a bit slow at busy times
I don't think it had free wifi
Tip:
I haven't been to Virginia beach in the past so I cannot compare it too others, but walking
down the boardwalk some of the other hotels look comparable. I would stay there again probably would upgrade to a oceanfront room, I stayed
in a city view room. room felt small without a balcony

Room Tip: Look around a bit and compare this one to other high end ones nearby, Marriot and other Hilton look...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carl5184
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from VAB and my stay at the Hilton Garden Oceanfront. What a nice hotel. Staff are extremely kind and helpful. The concierge services were spot on with suggestions for restaurants. The rooms are all ocean front with beautiful views and private balconies. Family friendly with an indoor/outdoor pool. My only suggestion would be more luggage caddies and larger ones. When I travel for business I have many items. Overall, I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GiGitoB
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautiful hotel great staff that is very helpful. The rooms are good with a wonderful view. I would not say that the cost is equal to what you get. I would probably choose another hotel if I visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, VA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel says that a shuttle is available. I was part of a wedding party and only needed to go 5 blocks away. It was raining so hard I was not able to walk. When I called in ADVANCE to utilize the shuttle, the valet said there was no shuttle. I tried to utilize the shuttle on the Friday of my stay and the Saturday of my stay. I am most disappointed in the attitude of the staff when I inquired about a service the hotel claims they offer. It was like I was asking for something totally unreasonable. It really made question whether or not I will stay in that hotel or any Hilton hotel at all. All you needed to have done to have exceeded my expectations is actually offer the service that you advertise.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

4 Thank Fielding C
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel shuttle. We will double check all printed and web based collateral to ensure it reflects the shuttle is based upon availability. We have already mentioned your concerns to our valet staff to ensure they respond appropriately, as the answer to your question should have never been “There is no Shuttle”. There is a shuttle. Thanks again for pointing this experience out to us. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Perfect location. Ocean view room was perfect to sit on the balcony and listen to the nightly musicians. Dinner at Catch 31 was pricey but food was excellent. Roof top pool was awesome. Room was clean and had upgraded amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jacqueline M
David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We certainly appreciate your praise. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I came here with my husband and it was horrible it had long queues for breakfast and the beds were uncomfortable and the railing for the balcony was very unsteady. But besides that it was very pretty.

Room Tip: Higher room have better views and are more larger in the corner suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alexendra W
David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your comments and bringing the balcony railing to our attention. I’ve had the Engineering team check all balconies to ensure the utmost safety for our guests. I’m sorry that you don’t like our new Hilton Serenity mattresses. We strive to find a bed that suits many different tastes. Once again, thank you for your comments so that we can improve our hotel and services.