“Bar food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Raven Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Bar food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Older place with bar type food. Service was good but we went at an off time of the day. Food was good but a little expensive for the type of food we ordered.

Visited July 2014

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Down Home Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is one of the locals favorite places because this is just a "down home" feeling resturant. This resturant has been in business since the 60's. The staff, bartenders and the food are excellent! Everyone at this resturant make you feel like family. We have been going there for years and it is just a simple. good place!

Visited July 2014
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Won't go home hungry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had an artichoke appetizer, and there signature Raven Burger for my lunch entree. The artichoke was huge which was a surprise. The burger had a load of mushrooms, cheese, beef, tomato and lettuce. Instead of fries I choose broccoli which was nice because they didn't charge extra for the switch in sides. The broccoli was an entire stalk (enough for 2 or maybe 3 people!) and not just a few little crowns. I'll definitely keep this on my list! The only downfall I may comment on is they have a smoking section in side which can be great for some but as a former smoker it was distracting for me. Great service and great food!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Grody...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

So I was at the Raven 20 yrs ago when I was a teenager with my parents on vacation. I remembered it by name- so it had to be good. Well, my hubby and I tried to visit the Raven for lunch (2pm) not exactly peak lunch time. We waited 5 minutes to be seated. We then get seated next to 3 un-bused tables. We wait an additional 5 min. for our waitress to just to take our drink order. Of course they are out of the beers that piqued our interest. Then I guess the waitress caught on to my displeasure when I ordered a water. She didn't come back. And after 5 more minutes we left. The tables still weren't cleaned and there was a total of TWO waitresses for the place Listen, I'm from Pittsburgh, where some of our favorite restaurants look shady and probably gross to an outsider. I'm used to it. My husband and I both worked in restaurants. What I cannot get used to is the layer of filth around the light fixtures in the bar area (where you can still smoke indoors) or the broken windows and exposed extension cords in the solarium non-smoking section. The place went way down hill since I was a kid. Sad. I'm writing this as my husband and I are driving 11 miles to Frankie's ribs to eat. (Another good memory place) good luck if you try the Raven.

2 Thank Jessica R
Stafford, Virginia
“Excellent Food, Poor Restaurant Conditions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have dined at the Raven on two previous occasions and found it to be an outstanding dining experience. We visited the restaurant on 7/7/2014 and seated in the non-smoking indoor area. Unfortunately no one bothered to tell us that the air conditioning for this seating area was broken. The food was excellent as usual but the room was sweltering and ruined our experience; not even a fan was on to help the situation. By the time we spoke up the server told us that the air conditioning unit had been broken for some time. Not a way to treat your customers....the restaurant is in an old building...so make sure the atmosphere/conditions are right before you order your meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Raven Restaurant? Share your experiences!