“Our stay at Marjac.”

Ranked #94 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
maryland
“Our stay at Marjac.”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a nice stay at the Marjac at very reasonable price. When we go to the beach we always want an ocean front view with a balcony which we got at the Marjac. The constant roar of the cooling equipment on the ocean side of the build made it difficult to have a conversation on the balcony much less enjoy the sound of the ocean. Other than the wasteful shower heads that's our only complaint.

Room Tip: Get a room on the quieter north end of the building
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

When we booked our stay, I read the reviews online. I was very concerned that it was going to be a bad experience.
The negative reviews proved wrong. This hotel is very clean and very nice. Hotel staff was excellent. And the view was beautiful. I would come back here again and again. And, the elevator is not that bad. The steps are right beside it. We used them except when we carried our luggage up. Thanks MARJAC for a great birthday weekend!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Missbutterbean2
madison va
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was our first time at virginia beach. Loved location. It was convenient to everything. Was very clean. Affordable rates. would definitely stay here again. desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked how bedroom was to itself away from kitchen&living room area. Was also great to have 2 televisions in different rooms at end of late evenings on the beach. I would reccommend this for a nice stay

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhonda W
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

It is not the Hilton but neither are the prices. The room was clean and comfortable. The housekeeper was responsive to our needs and the price was reasonable. Older hotel but nice kitchen area and the living room away from bedroom was nice. Would stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry804
Rome, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. I was a little skeptical at first.. but i will say that the staff was all very nice and very willing to help. The location was perfect. The room was clean, and the kitchen was stocked with pots/pans. The only downfall was the slow elevator, but not a big deal. Will definetly go back on our next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather D
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I think the Marjac staff was among the most helpful and friendly of any hotel staff I have ever come across. They were more than willing to help with everything we needed, from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The elevator was small, but never had to wait very long for it at all! I loved having a kitchen in the room. The bedroom was nice and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was very clean, could stand to be updated, but cleanliness is amazing. The parking lot was small but since it was so close to everything, once the car was parked we didn't have to drive anywhere which, again was wonderful! For a beachfront hotel with an amazing view, the price is amazingly affordable! I will definitely visit the Marjac again!!! I read the reviews about the noise of the air conditioner and, yes it was a little bit loud at times but only on the patio and only on occasion.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bridgedrn
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

this place is oceanfront rooms who wouldn't wan that. It comes with a kitchen fully equipped I didn't even use my pans or pots. A pullout sofa and tv in the livingroom. The bedroom has to big beds. I liked the place I thought it was great for what we needed and we saved $$$ on food by cooking. Yes the elevator rumors are true but taking the stairs to me isnt bad. when we checked in we put everything on the cart and I rode up with it and my husband and kids were waiting for me upstairs.No big deal!!! check in was super fast the only thing I would change about the place is the pool area and the loud housekeepers each morning. But other than that we had no problems.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family