“Bring a Gas Mask !”

Travelodge Virginia Beach
Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Bring a Gas Mask !”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Paid for 2 nights.... checked out early to stay at the Sheraton. May 9-11, 2014. I was supposed to have a non-smoking room.... my room 119 smelled like chain smokers were in the room with me the hole time. The front desk gave me an old rust empty can of air freshner to use. They could take $2 to buy airspray and carpet freshener to clean the rooms. I had to sleep under my sheets and blankets with an airfreshner next to my pillow. Nothing was done to fix this funky, ash tray smelling room. I wasn't expecting gold chandeliers and flowers in my room for $70/night . The least they could do is actually have the room be Non-Smoking.The only good thing was the bathroom was clean. This hotel needs to be torn down and re-built. I would never stay in this disgusting scented, ragedy, filthy place again. Do not stay here. If the owners don't care enough to clean up the hotel then they don't deserve the money to rent out rooms. Do Not stay in this dump!! I

Room Tip: Do not stay in this busted m/f hotel!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 21 February 2015

Travelodge,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Came into Virginia Beach for 3 days for a competition at the convention center, First room we were assigned the latch lock fell off the wall when we opened the door for the first time, the light didn't work, and there was a random floor lamp in the room. asked to be switched to a different room. The guy switched us right away but the next room wasn't much better, smelly musty and smokey. decided to deal with it. overnight you could hear EVERYTHING that was happening outside and i had an allergic reaction to something in the room and my face and arms broke out in hives, in the morning i went down to the office, still covered in hives on my face and asked if there was any way i could get a refund for the next night so i could book a different hotel since i obviously was allergic to something they used to clean the rooms, i was told no the room was non refundable and there was nothing they could do to help me. i ended up having to put one of my tshirts over a pillow as a pillow case and borrowing blankets from my friends trunk to put over the bed, my 2nd night of sleep was a lot better, probably because i took benadryl before bed though. save yourself the bad weekend and book the best western next door.

Room Tip: just don't do it unless you're gonna bring your own bed linens and air fresheners.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

East Petersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed Fri 05/02/14 to Mon 05/05/14. Check in was fast and front desk was friendly. We had a room on the 3rd floor. There are no elevators so if you don't want to carry luggage up steps ask for 1st floor. We has two doubles with a stove microwave and fridge. Beds were OK and all appliances worked as needed. They do have a breakfast area in the lobby but it isn't much. Couple kinds of cereal some pastries and some mini donuts. Pool looked nice but was not open yet. Heard some people saying their room stinks from smoke. We had non smoking and didn't have that issue so ask for non unless you smoke and don't care. The best part was the location right across the street from the beach. Nice. Walk across the street and there it is. They do have a patio to sit and people watch but there is no view of beach or ocean just a hotel in front of you. Housekeeping was friendly but we really didn't need her unless we wanted towels and she did good with that. Check out was fast and front desk was nice. This is a older motel and does show its wear but for the location its really not that bad. You can park your car and walk every where. I don't know if there are better motels for the price and location but I would probably stay here again if I came back to Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: No elevators so you must carry you luggage up steps.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 14 May 2015
Thank You for the great review and the reminder that we have been working well and our efforts are fruitful and the experience of our guests is worth every bit.

Hope to see you soon on your next visit!!
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Room 116 smelled. We kept the door open when we was awake in the room. The room looked and felt dirty

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Rural Retreat
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the beach with clean, comfortable rooms and friendly and helpful staff. I travel for work on a weekly basis, so I found this property to have everything I needed at a terrific price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Hope to see you soon on your next visit!!