“DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!”

Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Petersburg, Virginia
“DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Reseverd a room with TWO double beds for myself and 3 friends for one night. No issues until I got home and checked my bank account and realized they charged me an addtl $70. I called the office and was advised that because they only "limit" 2 people per room they charged me $19.25 + tax PER DAY for my 2 "extra" people AND for having an additional vehicle! I don't know how the hell they count in India but normally TWO double beds means TWO people per bed! I was NOT advised of these extra fees when I booked online OR when I checked in or I would have booked elsewhere! The room was unsanitary and stains on bed sheets, bathroom was disgusting! DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS DUMP!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking out the time of your schedule and letting us know about your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything but less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of our guests but exceed them.

Feedback such as yours will help us in improving the service. However, as far as the prices are related. The transparency in the rates has always been there even on websites (any of them) or at time of the arrival - everything is clearly stated along with the charges for the people that will be staying in the room.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and make up to you.

Travelodge,
Virginia Beach, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

ghtrtMy husband and i stayed there before. But bringing our daughter was a bit uncomfortable because we needed double beds and they are not even queen size they are two full size beds. my husband and i struggled to sleep at night with no room. All and all we had a great time because it for my daugter. We were only going to stay 3 days but mike gave us a very big discount and we stayed 5 days. My daughter had a great time and we will be going back soon!

Room Tip: This is a place where you have to make the best of it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the comments about the hotel and I am really excited about the fact your vacation was great as well with your family. The hotel is in the middle of the action or the ideal place to sit back and relax. Thanks again and hope to see you soon. The entire property has all the rooms with 2 double beds only. I would had more than happy to provide you with the Queen sized beds - had we had them in the rooms.
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I would say that the overall rating for this hotel was poor. They would not let us check in early which is understandable since it was Sunday, however they would not let us swim in the pool and we could not check in until 4pm. They were rude in every transaction that I had with them. They tried to overcharge me for the room as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Mark G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to let us know how your stay was. We normally do allow our guests to check in early provided the rooms are ready . Normally, on Sundays most of the rooms are check outs which slower down the process of early check in. But, our guests are normally allowed an access to the pool area. If you stated other wise, I certainly would like to speak to you for the overall stay of yours with us.

Thank You.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Across the street from the beach. Fantastic for the price. Its clean and management is very friendly. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Will stay here again for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving a positive review regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad you found our convenient location across the street from the beach and the boardwalk so accommodating. We hope you will consider our property for all of your future trips to the area.