“Do Not Believe All The Negative Reviews !!”

Travelodge Virginia Beach
Ranked #98 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I read all reviews about this motel before my trip and was rather nervous about staying here. I must say that judging by my experience here, those reviews were dead wrong.
The room was extremely clean and well maintained. If there was anything that I needed taken care of the housekeeper Terry was more than happy to help.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful & friendly and was more than willing to work with me when I decided at the last minute to stay an extra day.
The bed was very comfortable and was actually one of the more comfortable beds that I have slept in at a motel.
For the amount of money that I spent the location can't be beat. Although the motel is not oceanfront, it was right across the street from the boardwalk. The motel is located on the main strip and you are just a few minutes walk away from many attractions.
The rooms are nice & quite and there is no noise from the street and quite soundproof... I didn't here any noises from the rooms next to me.
The only negative I could find would be the parking lot as it is rather small and could possibly be tricky during the busier part of the year.
All in all this hotel is an EXCELLANT value for the money that you will spend.

Stay here... I promise you that you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank GrumpyCat2015
TravelodgeGM28, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Reviews like yours only does motivate us to make sure that we provide the best of the hospitality service to the guest choosing US to stay with. We really do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

When I was going to check in the lady in the front desk made fun of my last name and they claim to have high speed internet if it wasn't for best western there wont be an internet lol. Over all the place is not to bad for the money its right across from the the board walk and close to other attractions

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank taray101

Hello,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel for a week. It was a great place for the money. It was close enough to the beach. The office people and housekeeping were all friendly. The pool was really warm. The only real disappointing part was the continental breakfast of the same thing every morning consisting of mini muffins, mini donuts, and cereal. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cruzincoop

Reviewed 31 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel while visiting the beach. The price was affordable, The room, pool was clean. The access to the beach was very close. There were restaurants, shops, banks, etc in walking distance of the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank fruitbowlk

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I recently stayed at the travelodge and chose this hotel due to location and price. It was very close to beach access and cheap. But i guess I got what I paid for. My bed had sand in it before we even unmade the bed, I turned the blowdryer on and it started smoking, the toilet did not flush all the way, and the rooms were very tiny. I paid over $300 to stay for the weekend. When I checked out i was told that we left our rooms "too messy", but we cleaned up everything and even went down and got an extra trash bag to clean up. I was charged and extra $200 plus what I had already paid. The manager was very very rude! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING HERE!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank jas05506
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 13 January 2010

I stayed for 3 weeks in this hotel and really couldn't fault it! The only problem I had during my stay was the noise and generally rudeness of a couple of families that stayed in the hotel for a weekend while I was there, but this was not the fault of the hotel! The room was a good size, clean, and everything was in working order, which doesn't always happen in hotels. The staff were friendly, although I have to say, I really didn't have many dealings with them as nothing was wrong with my room. There was a breakfast included but I ate out at a near by pancake house most mornings. The pool was closed when I was there even though the weather was still hot, though I think if I had asked at reception, I would have been allowed to use it.
The location is great if you are there to use the beach and enjoy the ocean front, there were heaps of places to see and there is a bus stop just a few blocks away.
All in all, I found the hotel perfect, especially for the price, and would have no problems staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank nouse4aname

Thank You for the great review and the reminder that we have been working well and our efforts are fruitful and the experience of our guests is worth every bit.

Hope to see you soon on your next visit!!

Reviewed 10 September 2009

I am from canada so it is a 15 hour trip . i had read some review in wich the motel had given the room away because the clients were late to arrive. i called friday afternoon and explained that i could not be sure i was going to arrive at 4 pm. (check-in time) but not to worry we were coming. we got there late about 9.30 pm. there was an overall stink of urine all over the place around the pool the staircase the floors , i had read about it in previous review but it can happen only accidentally right?? wrong..it seem the urine smell is the perfume of this motel.(i had to wash the wheels of my suitcase before putting it back in the car..when i saw how filty the exterior was and the type of people hanging there on the balconies i felt very uncomfortable my 14 year old daughter was afraid . when we open the broken door (1 st floor) the smell that came out of it was horrible, it was very dirty ,the furniture were broken ,the safe was ripped out the wall and was standing in the middle of the room...how safe is it.?? i was supposed to have a room with a full fridge .stove microwave ect..well there was no full fridge and the mini fridge did not work so i was told that the janitor was going to have a look at it ,he did and told me the mini fridge should have been defrosted and cleaned but it was not so therefore it did not work.(so much for the janitors<help) the stove was missing the coils so that did not work either ,the inside of the stove was so filty this was priceless (you had to see it to believe it) we change room for a room on the 3rd floor , there were wholes in the floor i think the floors a rotting of and the only thing holding it toguether is the disgusting carpet. we got so scared but i had been driving for 20 hours and was tired so we stayed for the night (the reservation was for 5 days) i had brought the cleaners (bleach &other stuff thank god. otherwise i would"nt been able to take a shower cause it was so filty we had to use the bed spread on the floor to walk on it was too much for me. the next morning there was another women even less polite as the first one, i told her that the room was not was it was supposed to be and anyway it was so dirty i could not stay there she became very agressive and impolite and told me that priceline was responsible for the lies cause they were the one advertising the room had a full fridge and appliances in working order???? since i did not had the use of the fridge i demanded a refund and then the manager started to insult me telling me i was not rich enough to take a hotel across the street and who did i think i was ,,,,i told her the misunderstanding could have been avoided had she not lie to the cutomer ,then she told me i was making her nervous and she could not find any excuses but to insult the clients i told her not to lie anymore and that would make her life easier....by the way the tax in vb is 13 per cent and not 15 as she claim this is another cleaver way to make an additional buck on the client . there is a nice hotel next to travelodge the vicking they told me they get a lot of their customer never go there cause you never know then the third floor is actually going to collapse ..

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family