“GREAT place to eat!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We recently had dinner here while visiting my parents, who live locally. My son had read up on them in the NY Times & thought we should give it a whirl. WE WILL RETURN!!! First, service was amazing. Our waiter, Lonny, was so professional and very helpful in making us suggestions, as it was our first visit. We liked the family style dining & started with steamed pork dumplings and scallion bubble pancake, which was very good. Lonny then suggested golden mountain chicken (our favorite), Shan city chicken (which was a bit too spicy for my dad & I, even when the toned the spice down. Mom loved it) & beef with special good (delicious). Food was hot, fresh, tasty & plentiful for the 5 of us; we even brought some food home. The value for what we ate was fantastic. I definitely will return on my next visit there & mom & dad plan to go since they live local. The restaurant decor was nice - roomy & clean. Great job!

2  Thank Neen813

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited at 6:30 on a Thursday night and although there were plenty of empty tables we were told there would be a wait. They are located next to a large concert venue and most customers were going to the 8 pm concert that they should have been prepared for. Reservations are only allowed for parties of 5 or more. Fifteen minutes turned into 30. We thought we could be served at one of the three full size tables at the bar but the server never came over after repeated requests. The table behind us received their check from her while we were waiting but she did not come to our table.

We were eventually seated in the main dining room and the service immediately improved. Kim was fast and efficient. The appetizers of soup and dumplings arrived quickly. The dumplings were not hot so she kindly took them back and brought me three more even though I had already eaten one. Fried rice and vegetable plate were delicious. Not your standard take out greasy fare. Two entrees and two appetizers for $31 before tip.

The table with a large party next to us with a different server did experience a problem and the manager did try to work it out with them. I think they were not prepared for the crowd on a Thursday.

We will return when we are not in a rush. There are happy hour specials that we would like to try.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food is amazing.
Braised fish and Bok Choy was delicious and the dry fried egg plant makes we want to come back every day.

This is a welcome change from the crappy Chinese Food takeout places that dot Virginia Beach.

And glad it is off the beaten path - so as not to be over-run with tourists!

1  Thank KevinNFK
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is by far the best Chinese food at the Beach and maybe even in all of Hampton Roads. The service is excellent, the food comes out quickly, and the food is always excellent. We have been here a few times and will continue to go back. There are so many options on the menu that you can try a new item each time that you go. I highly recommend trying this restaurant.

2  Thank jhud3232
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good food with quick service. More expensive than other Chinese restaurants but the food is better and the servers are very attentive. I would go again.

2  Thank David W