Best thing about the hotel: you are paying for more than a hotel room! For the price per night, you get the following: a one-bedroom suite with super comfortable king-sized bed and an excellent full window view of the ocean! So you can stay in the bed, while watching Virginia Beach's beautiful sunrise! There is a spacious closet/sink area leading to the bathroom to allow enough space for your regular routines. The suite features a full living room, kitchen area, a balcony with direct view of the ocean, two flat screen TVs, and free WiFi service. I got everything I asked for when I booked directly on marriott.com a couple of weeks before-- the extra pillows and top floor/Penthouse room away from the elevators! Customer service was also outstanding. They even offer free valet parking. I called the hotel 15 minutes before arriving to ensure my requests. The hotel offers full breakfast buffet and the food quality is pretty decent. On Mondays and Wednesdays, the hotel offers FREE themed dinner buffets, though I missed the Wednesday Barbecue Night because I already booked a reservation with nearby Catch 31. The hotel is located in the North Beach area of Virginia Beach (between 33rd and 32nd street, next to Four Sails and Hampton Inn Suites, the Hilton, and the new shopping area)...away from the usual touristy, crowded area of Virginia Beach (17th-24th street). The hotel is right on the boardwalk, a few steps away from the Neptune sculpture, the children's playground in the sand, and Ocean's Park where they offer free nightly entertainment. Catch 31 Seafood Restaurant and Bar is also a few steps away-- offering you top-quality meals and bar items. Things I didn't like-- the lobby area is a bit too cramped, there is only one computer in the common area (I expected bigger space per the picture). I thought the pool and the exercise room were also pretty small. F-16's and F-18 from nearby military bases were also conducting some air exercises so the flyover noise bothered my quiet moments at the beach. What the Residence Inn lacked in lobby area sizes, they more than made up for the room sizes! Great value, excellent customer service, highly recommended! One of the newer hotels in Virgina Beach! Right on the boardwalk. Only a few steps away from bike rentals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an extended-stay hotel on Virginia Beach in Virginia. Our hotel lets you thrive on long stays, whether you have come to Virginia Beach for a wedding, vacation or business trip. We offer comfortable and stylish accommodations at a superb value. Our all-suite hotel offers beautiful guest rooms that are spacious and well designed to provide you with a memorable and pleasurable stay in Virginia Beach. Guest suites feature spectacular views, furnished oceanfront balconies, modern appointments and full kitchens. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, a fitness center and guest laundry at our hotel. We also provide valet parking, a complimentary daily hot breakfast, and pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Residence Inn