“Best vacation EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Hilliard, Ohio
“Best vacation EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We received incredible service with a smile from everyone at this hotel! The room was beautiful with the best view of the ocean. The location of this hotel is in a very family-friendly area and I felt very confortable with my teens heading to the beach without me or even across the street to the shops close-by. The breakfast was fantastic, but got crowded at times; however, with our lovely room we could always take the food upstairs. Location and service were the best here... with special thanks to Thomas (valet) and our breakfast workers who were friendly, helpful, and kept the area clean and beautiful.

5 Thank hockeymom23caps

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family stayed at the Residence Inn Oceanfront the week of July 18, 2011. We had stayed prior years at the Fairfield, but with 5 adults this year, we needed the extra space. The weather was sweltering, but the hotel and beach were fantastic. From reading past reviews, I knew when we arrived parking would be limited, so was happy to find an open spot when I pulled in. We parked there and never had to use the car again until we left, so did not make use of the valet service. Checkin went well, though we arrived at 12:00 and check-in is only 4:00. We changed into our beach gear, left my cell phone number with the front desk and they promptly called when our room was ready. The room was fantastic, perfect for the 5 adults along. We had an 8th floor room, and the bedroom views are beautiful with the wall of floor to ceiling windows. The kitchen is fully equipped, full size fridge a huge bonus, and the 2 flat screen tv's great! My only disappointments: teeny balcony with a/c vented onto it (the heat was too much to ever enjoy sitting out there), a nd it would have been great to have 2 bathrooms. Another bonus woud be an outdoor pool, but with space so limited along the beach, can understand... I had initially been concerned about it being a "pet friendly" hotel, but that ended up being a non issue. Never heard or smelt any! I can't say enough ow great the front desk staff was, Laura, Mike and a special thanks to Ben. Ben gave us a couple fantastic recommendations for night life hangouts, more local than touristy. He was a great help! The housekeeping staff is also extremely friendly, happy to give you as many towels as needed (and thats sometimes a hassle at other places!), and even if bumping into them in the hallways or elevator, they all asked if there was anything we needed. We would definitely stay again at this hotel.

6 Thank PghBeacher
Herndon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

My dog, Casper, and I returned to this hotel to celebrate my dog's 15th birthday in May, and unfortunately, his last birthday since he passed away at the end of June. If you love dogs, this is the hotel to stay at, whether you are traveling with a dog or not. My dog was having difficulty walking by his15th birthday, and I brought his stroller with us on this trip. I can easily manuveur the stroller through the hotel, and the staff was very friendly. I like that it is an extended stay hotel where each room comes with a fully equiped kitchen. This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel in the past 1.5 years, and the cleaniness of the room has been consistent - very clean. I perfer the room with the king size bed, because with 1 bed in the sleeping area, there is more room for me to move around. The hotel is very quiet. The only time I hear noise is when a dog is barking on the balcony below, since I was located on a high floor, or a baby crying next door. Other than that, it was very quiet. If you love dogs, this is the hotel to stay at. It's always a joy to ride the elevator or run into a dog. :-)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Marinda0
northern virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for Easter weekend 2011. The best thing about it by far is the location, right on the beach. The down sides were parking a few blocks away, the room condition which was somewhat rundown, the lack of professionalism of the staff, and all the dogs. We don't mind dogs, the kids love them, but there were so many we witnessed dogs fighting in the hall, and one dog growling and being aggressive to my 5 year old, which upset her. The staff seems to feel they are at the beach too, so they are casual and aren't concerned with questions or problems. For example, I needed quarters for their washing machine, but they had none at the register. They said they would go somewhere and get some, come back later. After 2 trips back I got some quarters, but then there was no detergent in the vending machine. After they figured out which employee knew where it was, someone went in a back room and hunted for some, which they sold me. They didn't refill the vending machine however. Finally, they were totally unequipped to deal with the number of people at breakfast, which didn't seem to bother the lone staff member who was working in the breakfast area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank nova81
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed on the Best Hotel my family is Happy It is Best to Check in on Sun Oceanfront
With the Balcony Nice Sute in Clean Nice People Gred Service a am soo Happy
We Recomend Nice area nice in clean on front to the Hotel

Room Tip: it Nice we happy for nice check in in out thank you
1 Thank ersienpre09
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

First, the property has a great location. Boardwalk is clean and not horridly noisy by the property (bands, etc...). The staff encountered was friendly. Parking is a challenge, but staff will accommodate off sight parking. Too crowded at bfast time. Did not go to reception after first night, because ppl were trying to make it a meal and pushy....this is probably a seasonal issue, but still...

Challenge: the night of check in, I got into bed, and it was very sandy. Double checked my feet to make sure I did not transport it. No. Pulled down bed to check husband's side before he got in, SAND. Got my clothes back on, told kids not to answer door, and I would be right back. Went to front desk, told them the story, and asked for sheets. They offered to make bed, but my kids were trying to sleep, and I had been disrupted enough. I wanted to be sure the bed was properly made, so it was best to do it myself. As angry and frustrated as I was, I know it was not clerk's fault, so I did not waste time fussing at her. She apologized and promised to speak with GM. Hskpng seemed to be aware of it the next day, but no one ever spoke to me about it. I found this insulting and simply wrong. The room had been paid for with a combination of my Silver Points and my father in laws Gold Points. Perhaps they felt, since they considered my room "free" I was not important. There is a reason we are Silver and Gold level card holders!! Failing to deliver on cleanliness is simply not acceptable. Mistakes occur, but not properly addressing them with the customer and making amends disrespectful and unacceptable.

I do not like leaving a negative review. The hotel had the opportunity to make it right and chose not to do so. Sorry to say, at this point, without further comment, we will not return to this property.

Room Tip: Just be aware, balconies are very small and the AC vent blows hot air on you.
Lititz PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Housekeeping was not good. We came back to a made bed with sand on it. Dont get what they are limited to when it comes to cleaning a room. Im not a messy person & pick up after myself but if we come back to our room & a note is left from housekeeping that they couldnt make our bed one day because there were a pair of shorts on the bed..that is ridicoulus. Never enough towels in a 1 bedroom suite with a family of 5. We didnt like that it was pet friendly & swear I felt we were staying at a pet hotel. Found Poop in areas of the hotel...not happy. Didnt like the pool...very dingy. Did my laundry one day & laundry room was not clean. One nite coming back from the beach into the hotel...there was what it looked like a hot food buffet where they serve the complimentary breakfast...which was odd because I only knew of complimentary breakfast. I asked an employee what this was & he replied "Its Free" I asked again what it was & is it for all guest..he replied"Its Free" he kept repeating it & it was annnoying & rude. Why couldnt he just say it was a special bbq buffet for the guest. We also didnt like the patio...you couldnt sit out on it because it was blowing hot air from the AC. Needless to say, we will not stay there again. Very dissappointed because its part of a reputable hotel chain (MARRIOT) We will be staying at the Beach club a block away...they have a beautiful outdoor pool & a tike bar with a restaurant.

• 1 of 5 bubbles