Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 May 2013

It was the first time I stop in suite room. It was excellent! Very good for long stay and and for stay with kids. I felt very comfortable. You don't need to be in the same space with somebody, you even have different decks :-)
The best Morning at 6am. Ocean and sunrise!!!!
Very good breakfast and nice pool. Clean room and polite staff.

The only negative - parking. We didn't have time to park at the hotel parking and we had to do it 2 streets farther. I was a little worried about my car.
Ohhh...And the low railing on the balcony, it is not safe!

7  Thank FancyMalina
Jamie R, Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel. I appreciate the comments about our staff and our property. We are lucky to have all our staff members. I understand about the parking and that is why we have our valets available to all guests. Also, I hope you come to visit again once our refresh is completed for our property.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Loved the view....on the penthouse floor....windows from top to bottom of floor....the sun rising in your window is the most glorious site to see. Clean, but bathroom could be cleaner, but I judge those things very harshly. It was clean, but you can see it was worn. The beds were completely comfortable and clean. Especially those very soft duvets they put on the beds. The balcony view is exceptional. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Breakfast good and staff friendly.

Room Tip: Penthouse floor rooms have the highest and nicest view...Highly recommend the oceanview balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Jane L

Thank you for your comments. I hope this will be the start of you staying with us for years to come. Also, once our refresh is complete we invite you back to see the new our newly refreshed rooms.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

If you travel with a pet, this is THE PLACE to stay in Virginia Beach! The hotel is clean, the rooms are immaculate, and Lillian at the front desk was a HUGE help! Wish the hotel could clone her - she's remarkable. Breakfast is good; coffee is good; but the service, professionalism of the staff and willingness to help is outstanding. They are most pet friendly, and put their money where their month is. I'd highly recommend Residence Inn :)

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront - get morning sun instead of that hot afternoon sun!
7  Thank Nancy P
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Lillian is an asset to our team and we are very happy to see that she was able to help you enjoy your stay. We hope the next time you visit Virginia Beach you choose to stay with us. Also, once our refresh is complete we invite you back to see the new our newly refreshed rooms. Thank You for chhosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Residence Inn, Virginia Beach with 4 kids and our Jack Russell terrier, Nessie. We all had a wonderful break. Dogs are welcome on the beach before Memorial day, and so we could all have fun playing in the sand. There were many other dogs around too, to Nessie's delight! The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a supply of dog biscuits at reception. The rooms are clean and comfortable and face directly onto the boardwalk and beach, and the kitchen facilities make it convenient to eat in or order takeaway, which you usually have to do if you have your pet with you. Breakfast is included - the eating area is rather small, but you can take the breakfast up to your room to eat, which we were doing anyway as dogs are not permitted in the lounge.The view is wonderful, and each room has a small balcony. When we were there, we saw a school of dolphins playing just offshore in front of the hotel- they were there most of the afternoon, clearly visible from the beach and even from the room. Our dog loved sitting by the full length picture windows looking out onto the beach! There is a small indoor pool, but my kids found it to be over-chlorinated. There is only limited parking out front, but the hotel offers a free valet parking service and we found that this was quick and convenient. This hotel is ideal for families, and I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the beach. Those on the second floor appear to have a large deck area, rath...
6  Thank Carolyn R
Jamie R, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Greetings, and thank for writing about your experience on TripAdvisor. We were so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. At Residence Inn, we aspire to meet the high expectations travelers have come to expect of Marriott, and we're glad to know we met that goal. If you're ever in the Virginia Beach area again for business or leisure, we'd love to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My recent stay at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront was one of the top five hospitality experiences I've ever had. From the room and hotel's amenities to the friendly, helpful, and extremely knowledgeable staff, I can definitely say the Residence Inn by Marriott has gained a loyal customer. I especially loved the pet-friendly atmosphere, and it was obvious my dogs enjoyed their stay too. It was just what me, my husband and our dogs needed to recharge and enjoy a quick weekend getaway. I will certainly plan to stay in a Residence Inn every time I travel! My husband and I are even thinking of staying in one for an extended period of time when we relocate next year for our careers, until we purchase our next home.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Katie H

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and mentioned our wonderful staff, great accommodations and amenities. I thank you for choosing Marriott and we look forward to your family’s return in future.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Traveled to the area for work. Hotel was clean and the rooms were large. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was good! Would highly reccomend this place and this will now be my go to hotel every time I'm in VA Beach for work!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank DMS9567

Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I personally appreciate hearing your comments about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We recently stayed here on our second trip to Virginia Beach and despite the cool spring break weather had a wonderful experience. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Great places to dine within walking distance and a short drive. Cape Henry if 5 minutes from hotel and Norfolk is a 20 minute drive. Views from all windows amazing!

Room Tip: All suites here are the same layout. Higher floors have great views.
5  Thank Susan N

I appreciate u taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review about our Residence Inn. This year we did have cooler weather than we normally have during Spring Break, but I'm happy you had a wonderful experience at Virginia Beach. Thank you again for your wonderful comments! We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.