“Great hotel staff”

Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great hotel staff”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My girlfriend and I went to a conference over the weekend and stayed at the Residence Inn Atlantic Ave and it was a great experience. The customer service was great. I would like to thank Patrick and Julius for their great attitude and customer service excellence.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Purpose12
Patrick W, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I personally appreciate hearing your comments about your stay. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Virginia Beach! Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stay at Marriott properties around the nation every week and have done so for years. I have never felt a need to complain until I stayed at this hotel. Here's why:
1. If you stay here and leave something behind in your room, don't expect to ever see it again.
2. If you want to get a call back from housekeeping or the Manager (Julius) to help find the items you left in your room, don't expect a call back for 10 days and until you contact Marriott Headquarters to force them to call you back.
3. If you expect professional courteous service and assistance, don't contact Adriana at the front desk. She went off on me when I simply said I was returning her call. She interrupted me and denied ever calling me, rudely, and abruptly. Why, I don’t know. She was out of line and completely unprofessional.

I'm very disappointed in the experience at this hotel. I already complained to Marriott Customer Service. I am in the process of tracking down the hotel ownership as well, as I believe this is a franchised location, and the ownership needs to know about this experience.

My advice - don't stay here. The staff makes this a bad choice. They took zero accountability for a lost article I left behind in the room, even though they first left me a voicemail within an hour of checkout to tell me the article was left behind, then avoided me for 10 days when I would call back. They later said they did not have it and that Adriana did not call me, even though Marriott HQ even said you could clearly tell her voice matched the voicemail message. Julius and Adriana tried to tell me I was wrong and did not lift a finger to try to figure the situation out or even admit that they lost it. Inexcusable.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Vistor500
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
We apologize that you feel the situation was not handled correctly. Thank you for your comments and have a wonderful day!
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at Va Beach for 3 nights. I can't say enough about the service from the staff at this hotel, especially from the nice young lady who provided breakfast. From Valet parking to the front desk, everything was just as it should be. Very clean facility, and even the other guests were polite and friendly. Parking is limited, but they guarantee you a spot. Sorry we had to come home so soon. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Don1900
Patrick W, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank You so much for your comments, we are always happy to please our guest. We hope that in the future you will continue to make our property your home away from home. Thank You for choosing marriott
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed in Virginia Beach for the first time last week. Picked the hotel as they appeared to be very dog friendly and they were! Service was great - friendly, Patrick was excellent - all was extra special, from the front desk, to the wonderful maid and the valet parking. Very clean hotel. Value was also very good - the location was perfect right on the beautiful beach.

Cindy

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and all was very good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cynthia C
Patrick W, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank You so much for your wonderful comments, I am so glad that we were able to meet your standards. We hope that in the future you will continue to make our property your home away from home. Thank You for choosing marriott
Ijamsville, Maryland
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This oceanfront hotel is very well kept and convenient if you like to walk. We walked to many different excellent restaurants for lunch and/or dinner. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was very nice as well.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nancy D
Thank You so much for your comments, I am so glad that we were able to meet your standards. We hope that in the future you will continue to make our property your home away from home. Thank You for choosing marriott
NoVa
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We traveled to the beach in mid-October to celebrate our daughter's first birthday. We stayed at the RI for two nights (Sunday and Monday). Weather was ideal for October (mid 60's), so it was perfect for walking on the Boardwalk and to the different restaurants nearby. The hotel is in a great location near the Neptune statue, and with several places to eat within walking distance, we didn't move our car once we checked into the hotel. Also note that the parking lot is very small (they do have valet as an option), so we didn't want to lose our spot.

As for the hotel, it is right on the beach and every room is a suite (obviously) with a view of the ocean.....I don't believe any rooms are "city view." While I knew beforehand that this hotel is dog-friendly, especially after Labor Day, we only saw a couple of dogs and didn't have any issues with our room or with noise throughout the hotel. It was convenient to have a kitchen with a full-size fridge and sink (and microwave) since we were traveling with an infant. The staff even provided us with a pack and play for our little one to sleep in. My wife commented that the breakfast was average, but it was nice to have access to coffee and tea throughout the day. The lady at the front desk (forgot her name) also recommended Tautogs restaurant for dinner - which was very good and close enough to walk to. If you want pizza, there are a few places right across the street.

The best part of the trip was the "added personal touch." Our daughter turned 1 while we were staying at the hotel (that Monday), and once the staff found out ...... during breakfast .... they contacted us later and actually gave us an enclosed plate of connected cupcakes, a balloon and a handwritten birthday card signed by several members of the RI staff (managers, housekeeping, valet, etc). It all brought tears to my wife's eyes.....the unexpected personal touch that meant a lot. We thanked them then, and will thank them here, for that gracious sentiment. It was certainly appreciated. We look forward to returning and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High floor for a better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HoosTravelin
Patrick W, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am overjoyed to see that the staff were able to help you enjoy your stay and add a little special touch, We look forward to your return the next time you are in town. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I needed a get away week end. We love Virginia Beach so why not. We took our dogs with us as they to love running on the beach and, people watching from the deck, I think lying on the bed with a full view of the ocean is there favorite.
My Favorite is the staff. So friendly, helps with any needs you have. You'll have nothing to worry about staying here. We also received a personal thank you note and cookies signed by he General Manager Bryan Campbell and the staff.

Room Tip: room 201 has been by far the best, Has large deck!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank penelope n
Thank you for the great comments. I am happy to see that the staff were able to help you enjoy your stay. We look forward to your return and we Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!