“Loved this hotel! Wonderful view and location!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 30 May 2010

We loved this hotel and did not want to leave! We stayed for 4 nights right before the summer season. This was a wonderful time to visit Virginia Beach as it was warm enough for the beach during the day and nice and cool in the morning and evenings. The hotel is right on the beach and it was so nice to be able to walk back to the room after a day on the beach without having to walk very far. We spent a lot of time in the room which had a wonderful view and was super roomy and comfortable. Breakfast had an ever changing selection and was available each morning to either eat in or bring back to the room. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The pool is not very large, but it is big enough to enjoy with a family. There were a lot of dogs staying at the hotel, but it was very quiet and clean. If you didn't see the dogs in the elevators and lobby, you wouldn't even know they were there! The area of the hotel is nice as it is further up the beach from the "nightlife" but there is still good restaurants and bars within walking distance. The best discovery of the area was the Wave, the local shuttle that takes you up and down the beach area for only $2.00 a day. What a great way to see the whole oceanfront! We will definitely come back!

1  Thank katherine524

Reviewed 21 May 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for five days. It was wonderful!! The managers Justin and Jason were fantastic. All of the staff were also very nice and helpful. The room was extremely clean, stocked with everything we needed and more. The only problem we had with the hotel was the parking which didn't really matter because the location was great, so once we parked we didn't have to move. I would advise anyone traveling to check out the Residence Inn, I can't begin to tell you how great and wonderful this hotel was. I can't wait to go back!! The people at Residence Inn are doing a wonderful job. Thank you so much for making it possible for my family and myself to have a wonderful time!! Anyone reading this review please believe me when I say this is a great place so when you get the chance check out the Residence Inn 3217 Atlantic Ave (yeah Oceanfront) you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 21 May 2010

We showed up with no reservation for a long weekend. It was off season, so there were no shortage of rooms available in the area. We had stopped at another hotel first, took a look at the rooms, and headed back out. We found just what we were looking for here. We got an increadable rate and couldn't have been happier with our room. King size bed, full kitchen, clean and roomy bath, separate sitting area with a bedroom door to separtate it from the living area. Adequate balconey for two. Great ocean view with beautiful sunrises and sunsets. We visited in November, so we were able to see the winter light show on the beach from our room. The hot and cold breakfast was tastey and an easy way to start the day. The staff was friendly and accomidating.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Weekend with husband and two 15 year old girls and our little dog. room excellent, very clean, pleasantly surprised since hotel allows dogs. all staff great, best nights sleep I have had in a while and that is really unusual away from home. cant wait to go back for a longer visit.,

Reviewed 15 May 2010

My priorities for the trip were a balcony with unobstructed ocean view, a room with seperate sleeping area from living area, and basic kitchen amenities (fridge/microwave/coffemaker) - this place delivered. The staff was great - the free breakfast was decent and convenient. The only disappointment I can note is that the Pay-per-View wasn't available, so no option for watching movies, but this is presumably a temporary issue. I would stay here again, and I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2010

This is the nicest of the Pet Friendly Hotel in Virginia Beach. If you like to travel with your dog/pet, this is the hotel to stay at. All the rooms are Oceanfront!! It has a very small balcony on all floors except for the 2nd floor, that are handicap rooms. After talking to someone who was staying in one of the 2nd floor rooms when I was there, I was informed that the room doesn't "look" like a handicap room. I got a double bed room, and the bedroom has a door. What I "LOVE" about this room is, not only is it "oceanfront", the bedroom has a window that covers the entire wall - floor to ceiling. When laying on the bed, the view of the ocean gave me the feeling that I was on a cruise. Amazing. There were also a lot of dogs at the hotel during the time that I was there. I highly recommend this hotel, especially, for dog lovers. If you have pet allergy, you might want to check with the hotel to see if they have non-pet rooms. The location of this hotel is toward the upper side of Atlantic Blvd, away from the mini-golf, games, etc... I prefer this end of the strip is because the hotels are nicer, and this section of the strip has nicer stores and restaurant. One hotel away is the Hilton, where its outdoor area is a performance park that Hilton has donated to VA Beach in 2007. They have live bands performing there every night (?). One last thing... free breakfast! It's not just any breakfast - it has both hot and cold items. I love how I can make warm croissant sandwiches filled with eggs, bacon/sausages. Yum... The only thing I didn't like is that the AC is real loud. The first 2 nights, I was woken up by the loud noise whenever the AC came on, and I felt my heart jumped. After the first 2 nights, it was fine - the noise level was like other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
14  Thank Marinda0
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Check in was a breeze..Room was clean, quiet and comy..Location is a bit away from the "Stuff" on the other end of the boardwalk but still near restaurants and bars. The rate we received was really low and we were happy. It IS off-season,though..

WE had NO problems with parking..In this non-busy time, there was more than enough parking right in front of the hotel..We had to valet it one time,it was quick, free and easy!

The only thing was the Wi-Fi, it was pretty bad. We did not complain since it was not of the utmost importance to us, but if it is to you, I would stay elsewhere

All in all, a nice stay that I would gladly repeat!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple