“What more can you ask for?”
Review of Four Sails Resort

and 1 more site!
Four Sails Resort
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
“What more can you ask for?”
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We moved to this hotel when our original booking was less than impressive. What a result! Nice sized kitchen, comfortable bed, big jetted tub, two big televisions, private balconies with perfect views of the stunning beach. Good cleaning staff, decent enough breakfast restaurant (also open in evenings I think), friendly reception staff, private parking, indoor pool with a lovely glass lounge for soaking up afternoon sun. Yes, the rooms are comparatively small but perfect for a small family or a couple of adult pairs (double fold-out bed in lounge).

It could do with a spruce up and the one lift was slow but they can't redecorate every year and we got this place for $350 for 7 nights in March. It will be more expensive in High Season of course but we felt we got a real bargain.

We have stayed in 4 or 5 hotels/condos in VB and we will CERTAINLY go back to this one again. Perfectly located right at the end of Route 58, on the junction of 33rd and Atlantic Avenue with good pubs/restaurants within 1 or 2 blocks walk.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Scotland
Reviewed 31 December 2008

We swapped our timeshare in Scotland, which is a gold resort. I was a bit wary as this is a silver resort. The decor needs to be updated but that is my only real grumble. The staff are super, towels were changed every day and rubbish taken care of every day. The accommodation is quite small, but the views of the ocean are fab. This was a good touring base for us. The resort is very quiet at this time of year. We spent Christmas week here. Would recommend the Hilton in the evening for a lively atmoshere for dinner and drinks. We moved on to the Waterfront in Norfolk, staying at the Sheraton. We all missed the beach location. Would stay here again if no other options were available.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — Outdated decor
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montgomery, PA
Reviewed 28 September 2008

We have stayed at Four Sails for 2 years now, it is still great!!!! Our housekeeper, Laura, is the GREATEST!!!!!!
The Four Sails is clean, and we feel so much at home there!!!!
We will be staying at Four Sails again next year!!!!

• Liked — everything!!!!
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I searched until I found a suitable inexpensive oceanfront hotel with a private balcony and a full kitchen, I finally came across Four Sailss it seemed to meet all my needs, I read all the reviews. When I got to the Hotel I was not impressed with the lobby area, but hoped that the rooms would make up for it, When I got to the room, I thought oh my goodness this is small like the reviews stated, but after being there a while it was okay for just my husband and myself, but please don't take anyone else, they said accomodations for four, but not true, even though it had a pull out sofa, four people would be tripping all over each other , other then that, the furniture needs updating but I could live with that, the room was clean and the staff was really nice , the elevator was a little slow at times and the parking was not for big vehicles vry tight parking. After my stay I was very pleased with the cost,for 3 nights, so if your looking for inexpensive and nice then try Four Sails, just for a few days. Oh yeah we love the whirlpool.

• Liked — the location and the whirlpool tub
  • Disliked — the appearance of the building , the slow elevators, and the out of date furniture.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sept22nd
Baltimore
Reviewed 31 August 2008

After much research I decided to book a 3-night stay at the Four Sails. I was quoted the rate of $129 for the 1BR suite - but the price was in the end $116 (there is a 10% off coupon on the Four Sails website - and I actually forgot to bring it and they still honored the price!).

My wife and I brought our 3 small children, and although the rooms are not overly large, we pulled it off. The AC did leave a bad smell in the bedroom, but overall, the room was generally clean. We thought it was nice that the kitchen utensils were all wrapped - you don't usually find that with kitchen efficiencies. Of course we didn't use the kitchen utensils anyway since we are kosher, but it was a sign of cleanliness.

We were very pleased with the friendliness of all the desk staff, the lady that cleaned our room and even the woman working in the independently-owned restaurant downstairs.

As for some of the other comments posted -
The garage is very small, it is true, but it's not that big a deal - if you are a decent driver you can easily navigate it.
Not sure what they were talking about with the elevator - the elevator was in fact very fast.

The pool is indoors and we used it quite a bit - although other guests did not (which was a plus to me).

Bottom line - adequate accommodations at a very good price.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — Air conditioning
1 Thank TripleLindy
Lanesville, IN
Reviewed 29 August 2008

The Four Sails reviews put it at ranked 4 out of the many hotels/condos on Virginia Beach. While it was very nice, it was old and in need of updating. The rooms were smaller than we'd expected, but we had enough room for my husband, myself, and my mother. The jacuzzi jets weren't very powerful & the shower sprayed into the window, but other than that, everything seemed in order. With the sink for the bath being outside the bathroom, that helped with preparation time when we were getting ready. It was nice to have 2 balconies and a full kitchen. They even had dishwashing soap there to use, so we were able to cut eating expenses a bit by eating in a few times. There was no coffee in the room, however, so if you go, you may want to take your own or buy some once you get there. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had access to free bicylcles, and they even had free chairs we used for the beach. We enjoyed the outside restaurant for breakfast the first morning we were there.

• Liked — Price, location, view, queen bed and queen sofa sleeper
  • Disliked — needs updating, old jacuzzi
Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My family of four stayed here the second week in August. The location is fabulous! We were right near everything, including fireworks and live bands. I can't say enough about the prime spot.

The rooms are very small. It was quite hard to squeeze four people in this place. The rooms were clean and somewhat up-to-date. The garage is crazy. If you do not get parking on the bottom floor, go straight up to the third floor, skipping the second. There is an indoor pool, which is nice when it rains. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Virginia beach is awesome. Try Pocahantas Pancakes for breakfast and Rudee's on the inlet for lunch or dinner. Stay away from Pi Pizza if you are from Philly or New York, it's like cardboard with sauce on it.

1 Thank JenandDennis