“Pleasantly Surprised”

and 1 more site!
Ocean Beach Club
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We are MVCI owners and usually stay at their properties. This was our first time in VA Beach and we were happy to see the resort is such a nice place. We had an oceanfront 2 bedroom condo for the three of us. Property is very nice, beautiful pool area (though a bit crowded with too many chairs squeezed in). The unit had everything we needed. Loved the boardwalk and how you can walk to most everything. The minuses: bedrooms only have one queen bed, the sofa is worn and hard to sit on, and the mattresses needed to be replaced. One bed was very hard, the other very soft, but none just right. Despite the furniture, we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TinaK20176

Reviewed 3 June 2013

It would be hard to complain about anything with Ocean Beach Club. The view was stunning. The room was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Even minor issues were resolved quickly.

Maybe my only complaint is that I ran out of time.

I would go back. I will go back.

1  Thank RobAdams5512
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 2-3 times when I go to VA Beach. The hotel selection in the VA Beach area is sub par in my opinion compared to most beach locations. I'd give this place a 3.5 star rating. Studio Room was clean and nice. It was a little small but completely fine with me. The pool area is very nice and they have and outdoor and two indoor pools which is very nice because a lot of VA Beach hotels only have indoor pools. They have servers walking around the pool for drinks and food and also have a decent restaurant bar adjacent to the pool. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank WVUgrad05
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Upon checking in I was told that I had a $3.00 balance for the parking, which I prepaid for January. That was the start on my issues with the hotel. Although it was only three dollars, I felt that they should stick with the original billed amount for the parking and not charge me another three dollars because the parking fee went up since I booked the reservation...My next issue is even more annoying, upon entering the room I was greeted by people from the neighboring building looking right in my room, as I was looking into their rooms. The two buildings are about ten feet apart!! There is no privacy when the drapes are open. I did not even want to use the balcony...

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not between the buildings...May be you will get lucky, management not very he...
2  Thank Marleen H
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It's interesting when you can spot poor management and poor employee training right away. Grim, threatening, unappealing dressed doormen linger in the background. No Welcome what-so-ever. Thru Booking.Com we requested Handicapped Accessible Room for my 89 yr old Mom, 3 weeks prior to arriving. I followed up on the request by talking directly to Ocean Beach Club. We were totally surprised by the unavailability of an ADA room, having made several calls ahead of time. Staff explained they were at the whim of the Time Share Owners and there aren't enough Handicapped Accessible Rooms in the building. First night was rough on Mom and we feared a fall against the tile sink. We were moved the second night to what staff called Handicapped Accessible but shower was not. Doors leading to patio are NOT Handicapped ACCESSIBLE. Guests would leave their tables to help us get through doors. Service throughout - dreadful. I fault the owners, not the staff. Training is lacking. Outdoor fire pits were nice and outdoor decor, lovely. But once you enter the tropical upscale entrance, it's downhill. The fold out couch bed in the suite is HORRID. Mattresses in other rooms below par. No washer/dryer.

Room Tip: Though advertised as meeting guidelines of American Disability Act, we had problems with doors leadi...
2  Thank daffodilsunday
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We are Interval Exchange members and had booked a 2 bedroom. You cannot request any sort of ocean view or oceanfront room until the day you check in. The day we checked in, the DH requested an ocean view or oceanfront room. The desk clerk made a pretense of checking, but then put us in the original room she had already made the call for to see if the room was ready. Our 2 bedroom smells like old musty towels, faces a dumpster and an old hotel on the city side. It is a 1 bedroom with our children in another studio room beside us although it is unlikely we could hear them if they called out to us. The room is clean but stinks. Will not stay here again and cannot recommend.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel was reccended to us for our family that came into town for my wedding. They made so many mistakes with no apology. This was the most expensive cheep hotel I have ever stayed in, they had no customer service and didn't care if you had a great stay. First they didn't have a room for my dad when he checked in, they said his confirmation he had in his hand didn't matter and it took over 30 minuets to get them checked in. The room that was given to husband and myself was dirty when we went to the room. They checked us into a room that wasn't cleaned after the guests before is checked out. My mother and my sister both had rooms there as well. I blocked my rooms so we could all stay close together, but the rooms we were given were all on different floors. There is no cell phone service in any of the rooms there but if you use the room phone to make local calls you will be charged an outrageous amount! Over all the service was aweful and no one was sorry in the least bit. After all was said and done I'm very disappointed that I had my family stay there and I'm upset the amount we paid for our rooms, I could have stayed in a cheep motel and had better service than what was given there. I will be sure to let my friends and family know not to book the Ocean Beach Club, they will get better value anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013