I got this hotel by exchanging my timeshare via Interval International. I have started reading all the negative reviews after I booked this hotel. Based on these reviews I was expecting a run-down hotel with dirty rooms, rude staff and terrible food - well, nothing like that happened. In my opinion this hotel deserves 3.5 stars.
The hotel is situated in a great area: close to Neptune Park, restaurants and right on the beach. The staff is nice and always helpful. They did not bother me with any timeshare presentation but maybe because I stayed via timeshare exchange. There were many people who attended timeshare presentations. However, if you are not interested in buying a timeshare - skip presentations (just say "no"). I arrived around 12:00 am and check-in process was very fast. I did not get an oceanfront room but I did not request one. I stayed only 3 nights and spent most of the time outside the hotel. If you are going on vacation - request oceanfront room. I had a studio room which was really small (max 2 people and still claustrophobic). However, my room was clean and had a decent kitchenette. Bed was uncomfortable. Housekeeping is based on the type of guest:
1) if you are a hotel guest, housekeeping is daily and free of charge;
2) if you are a timeshare owner or exchanged timeshare (like me), housekeeping has to be ordered and there are different fees based on the type of cleaning you are requesting.
Beach towels were available daily next to the pool area. Yes, they keep record of how many towels you are taking and returning which is normal in most of the hotels. Swimming pools area looks nice and clean. However, I must agree that swimming pools were not the cleanest so I did not use them. Same with Jacuzzi. Drinks from Tortuga & Tiki Bar were good; food was not. There is a lot of restaurants in the area so you have plenty to choose from. Prices are similar to the ones in NY restaurants (standard ones). They offer self-parking for $8 per day across the street.
I would definitely stay there again for max 2-3 nights. However, if I would go on vacation (more than 3 nights) - at least oceanfront 1 bedroom suite would be a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort