We just completed our annual stay at the oceanfront for the Neptune Festival. September is a favorite time of year to visit. We love the Neptune Festival with all the art, volleyball, regatta, and best of all the International Sand Sculpting competition!
Unit Features: Units ending in "02" are classified as Mediterranean. They are corner units. The "A" side has an oceanfront balcony off of the bedroom and beautiful oceanfront views from the windows in the living area, as well as views of the City (panoramic). The "B" side has a small side balcony, also with beach, ocean and City views. There is a shared foyer for this lock-out. The 1BR side will accommodate up to four, with a queen in the bedroom and a sleep sofa in the living area. It has a full kitchen. The kitchen is small, but is equipped with the essentials. It has a dining table with three chairs and a booth type bench seat for three. There is a full bath with Jacuzzi tub that is closed off from the vanity/sink area. The single bathroom can be closed off by doors to the bedroom and living area, offering privacy for four. There are TVs in the bedroom and living area. The Studio will accommodate up to two. It has a full bath, mini kitchen and queen bed. It has a small balcony for two and TV.
Condition of Unit and Property: The condition of the unit was good, The furnishings were in good condition, although the springs in the sofa bed could be felt on one end of the sofa when seated on it. Nothing in the units could be considered plush; however, everything was clean and well-maintained (except the sofa). The sofa was not used during our stay for sleeping. The Property, itself, is very nice. All areas were clean including interiors, amenity areas and landscaping.
Any problems encountered such as check-in problems, room changes, etc.: Everything went very smooth during our week-long stay. There were no issues encountered. I had requested an upper floor in my unit type prior to my stay, and was placed on the 14th floor.
Planned Resort Activities such as welcome parties, barbecues, kid programs, and outings: There were several planned activities each day. Many required pre-reserving space 24-48 hours in advance. Some of the activities had fees. OCB is owned by Gold Key Resorts, which has four other resorts at the oceanfront. Some of the activities were held on-site at the other resorts.
Resort Amenities: The resort has an on-site Tiki bar (seasonal) that is very nice, overlooking the boardwalk and ocean. The service was very good, as well as the food and drinks. There are two outdoor pools with lots of loungers. Pool towels are provided. There are two indoor pools. One is an infinity pool. There is a very large hot tub. A couple of bars are located in OceanAire, which is a new phase at the OCB Resort. A well-equipped fitness room is located in a glass-enclosed upper floor area. There is also a well-equipped game room, concierge and valet services, a parking garage across the street, and free WIFI in the rooms. There is no full-service restaurant on-site, although there are many dining options within walking distance.
Staff Friendliness and Responsiveness: The friendliness and responsiveness of the staff, all around, was great. Everyone encountered was happy to assist in making our stay a great one.
Convenience to Area Attractions: The location of this resort is at the Northend of the beach/boardwalk. It is near great shopping, restaurants, a music stage, nightlife, the oceanfront bike path and boardwalk and more. It is near the interstate for travel to other attractions and activities. There are two grocery stores nearby (Harris Teeter and Farm Fresh), as well as an alcoholic beverage store.
Additional fees assessed: Parking was provided for one vehicle only. If parking more than one vehicle in the parking garage, there was a daily rate of $8. There were fees for some of the planned activities, if one chose to participate.
Suitability of Resort for couples, families, relaxing, partying, etc.: This resort would be great for all groups. There were lots of families, couples and older singles at the resort during our stay. There's opportunities for both relaxing and partying, and neither interfers with the other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort