“Family Vacation”

Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New Haven, Connecticut
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We own a timeshare at OBC and take our family vacation every year there. We have been going for 6 years.We can not say enough about the quality of the hotel, the service and the people who work at OBC. The staff is so accommodating and professional.
We go with our kids and grandchildren and have a great time! The pools are awesome, the boardwalk lively and the beach is immaculate!
Cant wait till next year!

Room Tip: Try to request a room with a balcony.
1 Thank Gigs2007
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our friendly staff, pools and clean beach. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Turkish first
Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Ocean Beach Club for a Sand Soccer Tournament for two nights. Normally I pick the hotels but this one was chosen for us. I am so happy it was the winner! The price was a little higher than I normally choose but it was WORTH it! We had 4 people in our room (2 kids, 2 adults) and plenty of space. We stayed in a room with a city view and while I would have liked the ocean side room, but I think any choice is worth it. I'm reviewing on 3 criteria: location, room, service.

Location - hotel is right in front of the boardwalk and in the heart of all VAB activities. It has 3 pools (1 indoor, 2 outdoor) with the option of a 4th in a sister property that is adult only. My kids were more than satisfied with all options available to to them. We didn't try the restaurant but the poolside Tiki Bar was excellent and got a lot of my husband's money!

Room: We were on the 12th floor, city side. I didnt' mind our view, we were there for soccer and it was more than easy to get to the beach. The room was very large for a King suite. The kitchen (with full size fridge, range and dishwasher) is stocked with everything you need - including dish and dishwasher soap, dish towels and washcloths. It has a table that seats 6 easily and a L shape sleeper sofa that was comfortable enough for my girls to not need the pull out. Nice tvs, big bathroom. The only thing my husband wanted in the bath that wasn't there was a towel rack. First world problems, you know?!

Service: exceptional service. From the front desk to the pool attendents to the invisible (i mean that kindly) room staff, everyone was smiling and kind - even as they were fully booked. We loved the pool attendents. Someone was always circling in their all white attire to refresh towels or take a drink order. The little flags on the chairs make it convenient to let someone know you'd like help. It is a pretty active pool scene so, in the heart of summer, this may not be the place for a quiet getaway. LOTS of people but we loved the energy.

I'd say this was a nice introduction to this hotel chain and we'd give them a try again and at other locations as well.

Room Tip: Oceanside rooms will be over the pool area so plan accordingly if you don't like noise.
1 Thank Andrea W
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our location, size of rooms and friendly staff. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We traded a Platinum Marriott Vacation Club week to go to Va Beach. We won't do that again. We were given a street view that overlooked parking garages and had no balcony. We tried everything possible to get an ocean view and/or balcony but was told nothing was available. We did call ahead to make a request. Funny thing was the resort seemed kind of empty. Neither the pool or beach seemed crowded. Our unit was run down, the kitchen had bare minimum of supplies and the beds were not comfortable. The bedding is nice but the mattresses not so much.

We traded a superior product and received a way inferior product. Again, we will stick to MVCI in the future to avoid this disappointment.

VA Beach itself is a nice location. The boardwalk is clean, lots to do, just a shame our unit was so bad.

5 Thank TinaK20176
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your time share exchange stay at Ocean Beach Club Resort. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay as much as your previous stays.

I personally apologize that your expectations were not met regarding your inability to get a oceanfront room in June. We do appreciate your loyalty as a returning guest, as we strive for consistency and excellent service. After reading your review, I will address your comments with my staff. Again, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us this time, but I hope you give us another chance to earn your business back in the near future.
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel looks very nice on the outside (pools, oceanfront) howeverrrrrrrrrrrr check your sheets before you lie down. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. The first night we arrived I smelled a very strong odor of somesort. Not sure where it was coming from we went about our day. When we arrived back to the room and attempted to take a nap before dinner.. the smell became stronger. I asked my boyfriend to smell the sheets. LORD! im so glad he smelled the sheets. We had been sleeping in a bed full of urine. The entire bed pad reeked of urine. We immediately went down to the front desk and they gave us another room. Our first room was a studio. We were moved to a studio oceanview room. I would not recommend this resort. Again, lovely pool area, jacuzzi but none of that matters when you cant even rest your body/head in a clean/sanitary bed.

Room Tip: seems like the rooms on the higher floors (10-11) are the worst.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Charlotte H
VBGM1, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Charlotte,
I am very sorry to read that some aspects of your stay have not been satisfactory, particularly with the condition of your bed. This is not a common situation at our property, and I want you to know that it is taken very serious. Your concerns have been escalated to the Director of Housekeeping to investigate further. We appreciate your feedback and kind comments.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to this resort to celebrate our 15 Wedding Anniversary and had a blast. Everything is conveniently close and the hotel staff was great. We will definitely stay here again. Although we stayed on the street side, it was very quiet.

Room Tip: If possible stay at least 3rd floor and up.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C10
VBGM1, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear C10,

Congratulations on your 15th Wedding Anniversary! We are honored that you selected our property to celebrate this very special event. I am very touched to hear that you had such a great experience; I will share your wonderful review with our teams. We wish you many more anniversaries and look forward to having you back. Wishing you all the best!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We loved our 1 bedroom suite at the Ocean Beach Club we previously stayed in a studio. My daughter slept on the pull out couch that had a thicker than normal mattress.

We especially love the outdoor bar restaurant Tortugas...great drinks, food and the bartenders were very friendly!

The pool area is great...sun or shade thru 2pm.

We will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tm40plus
Dear Tim40plus,

I am delighted to read your positive review regarding your recent stay at our resort. It’s always a pleasure to know that our owners and guests are satisfied when they leave our property. We appreciate your loyalty to our resort and your kind comments about Tortugas and our staff. We look forward to your return in the near future!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We booked 1 night over a holiday weekend . The hotel is located on very good part of beach with ability to rent chairs and umbrellas.
However, upon pre check in (we got there early) we left our cell number to call when room was ready. No sooner did we pull away to park we got a call saying or room was ready. Inconvenient since literally 3 minutes before we were talking to Inez and asked if a room was ready. So we lugged everything from the parking deck when we could have unloaded conveniently 3 minutes before.
Nothing is included and the food is pricey.
The bed is very uncomfortable. Don't plan on a good nights sleep.
We also complained to the manger that there was a leak in our bathroom above the toilet, bc that is where husband got dropped on from ceiling toilet water. There was evidence of poor repair job but it didn't cover up the mold. Manager didn't give credit, not that we asked but we did point out a health and sanitation concern.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Alison K
VBGM1, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Alison,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. Our rates are established by supply and demand; generally they go up during certain holidays. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our location and resort amenities. I do apologize for any delays in your check in; we have are currently rolling out a new check in process for our owners, which will make the process much smoother. Unfortunately, we are not an all-inclusive resort, so your nightly rate does not include food or beverages. We thank you for your concerns regarding the leak that you mentioned and our engineering team inspected the area to ensure everything is in working order. Our staff and I wish you a wonderful Summer!