Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Motel 6 Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Town Center(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenextended stay hotelfront deskshort drivequeen suitehome away from homespecial thanksbed was comfortablethe entire hotela great staythe air conditioningvery nice hotelindoor pooldesireedishwasherkitchenettenorfolk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2010

During my family vacation we stayed in the Candlewood Suites in Virginia Beach. The rooms were great, the service was great, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My team needed a hotel local to an event we were participating in the following morning to raise donations and awareness for Wounded Warrior Project. Candlewood Suites, Virginia Beach stepped up to the plate with a great room and accommodations. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Check in was a breeze and friendly. The room had full kitchen complete with refrigerator and stove. I would highly recommend this hotel as an option for next stay in Virginia Beach. Thanks so much to Candlewood Suites and Kristen Shelton for your outstanding customer care and support of Team X.T.R.E.M.E., Wounded Warrior Project and our wounded veterans.

Always Vigilant,

Jeremy Soles
Team X-T.R.E.M.E.
Founder / President

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Go stay at the beach even if you spend a little more. This hotel has nothing to offer, no pool, no automatic doors, no opening windows for fresh air, no breakfast, no restaurant, no greeting snacks". Internet is down often. Phone kept ringing in the middle of the night. For many nights. Finally had to unplug it and leave it that way. They only have 1 guest computer that wasn't working. There is rarely anyone at the front desk. With the exception of a few, the staff isn't very friendly. Anytime you need anything you need to go to them, they won't bring it to you. They were painting while we were there and didn't bother to ventilate. 1st floor reeks of smoke that manages to make it's way upstairs (lovely toxic fumes)! Housekeeping service - not for long term stays; you do it yourself! I think hotels are taking the whole become "green" to extremes, by skimping. In general it could and should be cleaner. Lacks hospitality. The only good things, it allows pets and has a fairly large suite with kitchen.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jipsy5233
Reviewed 6 September 2009

In the two nights we stayed here, the fire alarm went off FOUR times (not due to us). The staff seems to recognize the problem but writes it off as "the alarm is sensitive if people are cooking." The staff does not provide adequate direction regarding the status, or if we're allowed to come back in even when the fire alarm goes off. I would not stay here, unless you enjoy hearing ear piercing siren of your room's fire alarm at the worst possible moments. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stentor79
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My stay at the Candlewood Suites Vriginia Beach was wonderful. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere feels like walking into my families house. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and to make sure my needs were met. I stayed in a queen suite and the room had everything I needed, and some of course I didn't. I was also there for their cookout on Wednesday and was able to meet some of the other people in the hotel. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anybody who is going to Virginia Beach. Thank you candlewood!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple