“Good for price”

Beach Carousel Motel
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The place is 3 min from the beach, there a lot of nice restaurants close by, also it is quiet, clean. I cannot say that the place was great since I had some little issues, but in general for the price you pay it is a good deal!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank opalko

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I travel quite often and tend to do a lot of research prior to booking any potential place to stay. That being said, I obviously did NOT do enough research with regards to this establishment!!!! The pictures on the website and the customer reviews are ridiculously misleading and should NOT to be used as any type of accurate description of what this place truly is: a run-down, over-priced, outdated motel:-(
The gentleman who checked us in at the office was very kind and efficient...the room (on the other hand) was not so pleasant.
As soon as we opened the door, the overwhelming smell of must smacked us in the face. None of the switches were connected to any of the lighting (either that or they just didn't work) and the individual rooms resembled prison cells (cold, dark, and lifeless) rather than the bright, inviting vacation rooms pictured on the website. The front window was completely sun damaged and in desperate need of repair...yet the marquee sign read "newly renovated rooms"!!!
Once we were over the shock and disappointment, I went to speak to the manager to inform him that we could not stay at his motel given its current condition (especially for $179/night). I was then rudely told that he would do nothing further but switch us to another room because the room was "nonrefundable". I declined switching (given the state of the motel) and kindly requested a refund (even if not for the present night but for the next two nights of stay) but he arrogantly refused. His unprofessionalism and ignorance continued and escalated to the point where I finally walked out and immediately phoned AMEX to file a dispute.
During that time, my husband went back into the office to get the manager's name. My husband expressed his displeasure with their poor service and stated "Your sign says Newly Renovated Rooms...well it takes more than two small flat screen TVs to make them newly renovated...that's false advertisement!"
Upon returning to the car (which was approximately 10 rooms down from the office) and attempting to find another place to stay, we looked up to find the manager outside at the marquee sign TAKING DOWN the "newly renovated rooms" portion of the sign!!!!!! Our mouths completely dropped to the floor...so much so that we couldnt even get to our phones quick enough to take a picture of him doing it.
Rude, sneaky, and dishonest NEVER makes for a good manager and is a direct reflection on the entire establishment!!!!
All that being said, do yourself a favor and avoid this motel at all cost!!! Either find a different hotel/motel close to the beach or go inland approximately 10 minutes and stay at a place that actually takes pride in their establishment and values their customers.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank gypsyqueen1
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My family and I use Beach Carousel every year for your family vacation. The staff is friendly, professional and accomodating and the prices are unbeatable. The rooms are clean and spacious and we have never had any complaints. I recommend the Deluxe apartment style room for larger families. It comes with two bathrooms, two beds and two futons.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Keshaun C
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The room was very clean and spacious and came with a good-sized ensuite. There were plenty of laundry facilities available to use for only $1.75, and it was only 100m from the main strip and the beach front. It's just a shame it was too cold to use the pool! Very helpful and friendly staff. Even let me keep my car in the car park a couple of hours after checking out, meaning I could go scavenge the local diners...

Room Tip: It was cheaper to get 2 doubles than just a double room - scout around on the internet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My stay at the Beach Carousel Motel was all that I could ask for. The staff was extremely friendly and kind throughout my entire stay. The room was very clean and the price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Virginia Beach. I stay for three nights and paid around 60/night, which was perfect.

Room Tip: I stayed in the center of the hotel and was extremely satisfied.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike S
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Beach Carousel Motel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mentioned our wonderful staff, great accommodations and amenities. I thank you for choosing Beach Carousel Motel and we look forward to see you return in future.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This motel is located 1 block from the "main drag" - very convenient and little more quiet. Our room was absolutely spotless - large w/ kitchenette area and separate bedroom with 2 double beds. This is not a fancy place - if you want fancy expect to pay at least 2-3 x's the price. However, it is a great location, it's quiet, and it's clean. Check-in was speedy and friendly. I left my wallet behind and housekeeping turned it in. The manager called me when I was on my way home. Too far to turn around so they mailed it to me. How's that for honesty and service?! If I ever return to Virgina Beach I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: There is a bus that runs along Atlantic ( the main drag) that will take you along the strip for $2 p...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lqmay

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The rooms were very spacious and we had the deluxe apt which had 2 bathrooms which made it even better, pool was nice, the room smelled clean when you first go in, staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed 14th thu -17th and price was great, will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple