“If you need an inexpensive room on a Saturday night in Virginia Beach...”

Beach Carousel Motel
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This is your place. It is pretty tired looking from the outside but well maintained inside. It is only 2 blocks to the beach & boardwalk. Very pleasant desk staff. No breakfast included. It is a block building out of the 50's and might be cold on a cold night.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank trawlerdoxie

Reviewed 8 September 2013

It was budget friendly and it was close to the beach. We had a kitchen, bath, 2 room suite on ground floor. Would rather have had a 2nd floor room but it was ok. Staff were very friendly and helpful /there was a stong cleaning smell when we first checked in but it went away shortly. Staff was very accommodating for us to check in early and also for leaving our car there on checkout day so we could spend most of it at the beach. It is an older motel but we found it ok for the family. Walls did not bother us - it was clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CouttsC8
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here this summer and had a great experience. This is centrally located, close to the beach, housekeeping did a great job keeping the rooms clean, no rowdyness, staff was friendly and made checkin/checkout fast and easy, pool was open until 10 pm, had a great week and would stay there again...

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank KdfromSyracuse
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Where to even begin... how about I've never written a NEGATIVE review in my life!
This one cannot be helped!
First off, their location may be the ONLY thing this place has to offer, as it's really close to the beach.
Their lack of cleanliness & customer service leaves so very much to be desired. Our FIRST issue turned out to be blood on the bed linens (and I must be clear that this was NOT anyone from my party's blood)!!
It wasn't brought to my attention until the morning after our 1st night as it wasn't noticed by any of the small children who occupied the bed :-(
(Which I feel terrible about.) However, once noticed I went directly to the front desk where I met "Al"....possibly the most condescending & smart-mouthed employee in history!!! This less than professional motel employee proceeded to insinuate that it was OUR FAULT for not having noticed the blood stain sooner (I'm guessing before it had been slept on by my children)?? My thoughts at the moment were: How is that relevant in the situation?? Why is this guy being so incredibly rude & why is he NOT breaking his back to make this UNACCEPTABLE
SITUATION right?!?!? I wish I could tell you every little detail of our encounter, but you get the point....I bagged up the bloody sheets....changed the bed linens MYSELF and planned to speak with the Manager first chance I got! Samir, the Manager I spoke with was kind & understanding.... apologetic even. He didn't offer me any sort of discount for our stay until I asked for one....And even then he offered me only 10% discount!! Wow....Thanks!!
Better yet, our check-out date was 8-19-13 and I've NOT seen that 10% price break reflected on my bank account as of today...OF COURSE I've already spoken to Samir about that as well!
Save yourself the trouble of poor housekeeping & rude employees......Stay somewhere else.....ANYWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank emybtravels
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked 5 nights and immediately put in our required 48 hour notice and found another hotel. The room has cement walls, old carpet and horrible beds. Worst if all the smell is horrific. They use incredibly strong cleaning products likely to cover up other smells. Day 2 and the smell is still strong. This room is acceptable if you will barely be in it and you are low on funds. Otherwise spend a little more and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank jessica s
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

I apologize that you did not enjoy your vacation with us and have addressed your feedback. I hope that you give us another opportunity in the future. your feedback is taken very seriously to improve our standard.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here, for our first trip to VB. Room was comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was great for evening swim. The cement walls were no problem for us. the price was very affordable, and as my man says, we would rather spend money on fun things to do then an expensive hotel. All we need was a bed to sleep in and shower..great place.!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Virginia Beach is my favorite beach, but I had trouble finding lodging for our vacation for the price I was willing to spend. I looked and looked, and ended up choosing the Beach Carousel. My family and I were not disappointed. It was clean, safe, quiet, and close to the beach. Everything functioned as it should -- air conditioning, showers, etc. As the other reviewers mentioned, the walls are concrete (so what?) and it's not a luxury resort (it doesn't claim to be). If your family is like mine and spends their vacation hours having fun and not laying around the motel, you'll love it. The staff were very accommodating for our request for more towels, and also were very patient while we dealt with a credit card problem. (Thanks Samir and Al!) This will be my go-to VB lodging!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family