“Nice Stay, Great Location, Friendly Staff”

Beach Carousel Motel
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here: August 6 th - 10th 2014
We were very pleased with the room, no smell or odor like other motels we've stayed in the past. It was nice that the air conditioner was already running and it was nice and cool and clean, newly remodeled bathroom,and the beds were fine. Loved the ice machine being there, very convenient for trips to the beach. It was located close to everything, we walked to almost everything or got a bus pass for $2.00 per day. We did not use the pool, but it looked fine. Only complaints I have was that our microwave knobs were broken off and it needed updated. Our fridge door had no bottom brace/bracket, so we bought a metal bracket and put it in the holes just so we could put milk and water in fridge. The fridge and microwave could definitely be updated. We will stay again and will refer our friends and family if they need a nice place to stay while in Virginia Beach.

Only a couple suggestions would be: assigned parking spots, wooden dryer rack (for towels and bathing suits etc), toaster and luggage rack and more hangers.

Thanks for everything we enjoyed our stay and will be back again...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TINAMB516

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is very great. The bathroom is very nice and the shower water ran pretty good. The t.vs we're nice and the beds were acceptable. The pool was a liitle small and kinda dirty but it was ok. My overall rating is 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in room 117 this past week and we were more than pleased! The staff was very pleasant! The price for the room was extremely affordable with how close to everything we were! There are coupons on the direct website for the motel which made it even better. There is a laundry room on the 2nd floor which was very convenient, as we didn't have to bring home mountains of sand with us. We spent most of our time in the pool which was very clean. There was a gentleman who cleaned and serviced it every morning before most people woke up which was a pleasant surprise, considering we've stayed in quite a few hotels in which the pool had left much to be desired. We definitely enjoyed our stay and will continue coming back year after year! A big thank you to the owner and staff for running a wonderful, affordable motel that I am willing to bring my family to!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank cdoderick1
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with a couple of friends who I'm travelling with and we had a lovely time. To be honest, when we got in the room at first, it seemed a bit dark and slightly damp but it turned out to be a great place for us. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, the location was great and the staff were absolutely brilliant. I had to use a landline phone and they let me use theirs, they were polite and friendly. You definitely pay for what you get and I'd recommend this motel and if I came back to Virginia beach, I'd stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently stayed here with 2 friends for 4 nights. We were a little sceptical at first because of reading reviews, however we were pleasantly surprised as all the staff we spoke to were extremely friendly and helpful. The manager in particular was very helpful and let us use his phone to sort it car troubles. The rooms were very large and the bathroom looked very new and was clean. Don't expect anything too fancy as you pay for what you get and the price to stay isn't much! Location is great and is less then a block from the beach and main strip of shops and restaurants. The wifi was good and quick. I can't comment on the pool as we never used it but it look ok from what I saw. The only bad thing is that the rooms smell of smoke so obviously people have previously smoked in these even though your not allowed. They could do with being aired out a lot. All in all a great stay and we had a lot of fun, I would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Filmore123
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had the best stay, rooms were very clean, all the staff where extremely helpful and nice, enjoyed my stay so well will be returning in July 2014, It was great close to walk to everything beach, shopping and Restaurants free parking only had to get in car one time our stay to go anywhere that made it great> I want to send a big thank you to all the staff at the motel for making our stay great.

Room Tip: We stayed in lower room close to pool it was great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda A
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We are very happy to hear this. thank you for taking time to give us your feed back.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed there this past weekend. Staff was very friendly, clean place, and close location to the beach. However, they have a bed bug problem. I have bites ALL OVER my body now. I thought maybe my body was just allergic to the detergebt used to clean the sheets because I was itching every night. Went to the doctor, though and he confirmed that I had bite marks from bed bugs. It's a great value for the location but now I have to pay for a prescription because of the bed bugs.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank tbrown301
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that, we would like to know which room were you staying so we can thoroughly check that room. once again we are very sorry. we will take extreme steps to tackle down this problem.

Samir Chokshi