“Private and peaceful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had a wonderful overnight stay at Country Villa B&B. We lived somewhat locally at the time but due to my husbands duty schedule in the military were only able to get away for 1 night for our anniversary, and it had to be closeby. We booked fairly last minute and Petie was so great about answering all my inquiries so quickly before I booked. The night away was such a relaxing and private time...just what we needed. The room was decorated with special little touches (balloons, rose petals) and all throughout the B&B were the same. And Petie's cookies that she bakes for the guests are DELISH!!! It was kind of a stormy night when we stayed so we asked for a closeby recommendation for pizza and Petie sent us to the perfect spot. We got it to go and hunkered down in our room for the evening. The storm even let up for a bit so we could sneak out to the jacuzzi that they'd warmed up for us. Petie and Phil are so attentive but not in an obtrusive way...kind of like secret little elves that pop out when you need something, or already have it ready for you. And the breakfast the next morning was gluttonous and DELISH!!! I even had some special dietary needs at the time (no eggs OR dairy) which normally knocks out a lot of breakfast goodness, but Petie came up with ways to make me a superb meal despite the challenges I gave her. We were stuffed and felt spoiled. We only wished we could've stayed longer to really get to enjoy all the other things that make this hidden gem so great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The Country Villa is the type of place where celebrities would sneak off to relax and recharge. From the time you call to book to the reluctant departure, Petey is attentive to your preferences and privacy. The breakfast is customized to your taste, time and dietary needs. Delicious and HUGE. Petey is pleased to package the over abundance. I would not plan on making lunch reservations after that breakfeast.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The grounds are lovely. It's easy to see why any bride would choose this venue. Perfect for an elegant country wedding.
The spiral staircase in the trees reminded me of a stairway to heaven.

The spa is a only a short walk down the hall but a quiet sanctuary. The massage therapists are wonderful. The cookies are wonderful. Petey and Phil are perfectly attentive and practically invisible.

Room Tip: One room has the jetted tub in the main area which makes watching a movie more fun!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sylsurfs
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you for the sweet words. We try our best to give a quality stay with many amenities and privacy for our guests. Our goal is to provide every thing they may want before they have to ask for it. We love what we do and are so proud to now offer weddings at our 2.4 acre of property behind the Inn. Check us out at Country Villa Weddings on Facebook.
Petie

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I have been to the area several times and this was the BEST! We love the B & B, love the location & most of all, we love the way Petie & Phil treat you like family. They made all our favorite foods and gave us our space as well as comfortable conversation. We couldn't ask for more.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at this B&B with my fiancee the night that we got engaged. Everything was perfect. Petie and Phil were the best hosts imaginable. I spoke to Petie beforehand and told her I planned to propose during our trip, and she went out of her way to keep it a secret and make it as special as possible. We really felt at home here and cannot wait to go back. Also, it can't be said enough that the breakfast is made to order, it is enormous, and delicious.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband & I just returned from the Country Villa and Day Spa. This was an exceptional experience! The owners, Petie & Phil were so gracious and welcoming that we felt as if there was nothing we couldn't ask of them. Our room was so comfortable especially the bed! I loved the decor, I felt as though I were in France. It was so wonderful to have the pool, steps outside our door and the hot tub was a treat in the evening. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfasts. We never ate lunch the whole time we were there because we were so full. I sometimes hesitated(only for an instant) to eat the various courses because they were so beautifully displayed. Petie directed us to a beach which wasn't far, parking was easy & it was not crowded at all. I can't say enough about this wonderful retreat. We are so happy we went!

Room Tip: I loved Elodie2 because the pool was immediately outside of our sliding doors.
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my second visit to the lovely Country Villa B and B. We spent another relaxing weekend being spoiled by Petie and Phil. The inn is tucked away in quiet Sandbridge/Pungo area of Virginia Beach, minutes away from restaurants and the beach. We stayed in the Emily room, it was beautifully decorated in soft gold and browns. We were greeted upon arrival with a bottle of wine, a sweet note and fresh baked cookies! The massive bathroom comes with a shower and a jacuzzi jetted tub overlooking the rose garden. By far the best part, is the food! The 3 course breakfast is delicious! From individual fruit boats to delicious egg creations made to order, everything was delectable. We even got our favorite Starbucks brewed coffee! Don't forget the dessert course! I suggest the peach pancakes or the bananas foster french toast! Yummy.. You will definitely need a nap after, and the inn is so quiet it will not be a problem. Petie and Phil think of everything; cold drinks, tea, water, beach chairs, towels, massage appointments and even give great suggestions for dinner! I wanted to order chocolate covered strawberries as a treat for my honey and they took care of it for me...Don't forget to go outside and lounge by the pool, sit under the stars in the hot tub or just read a book on the patio under the umbrella. They go ABOVE and BEYOND and pay attention to every detail to ensure their guests have a marvelous time! We definitely will be going back soon!

Room Tip: They have 2 rooms, the Elodie and the Emily. Both are tastefully decorated and come with a jaccuzi t...
1  Thank K m
Reviewed 24 June 2012

What an exquisite experience at this wonderful place...fantastic attention to detail...breakfast and service that is better than a 5 star restaurant in Paris! but the best was meeting Petie and Phil, who are such a warm, genuine couple, that strive to make your getaway as refreshing as possible. don't hesitate, this was a great experience!

Room Tip: Elodie 2 was a great room. the pool, hot tub and jacuzzi were very relaxing! the pool is right outsi...