“Our Wedding Night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Petie and Phil are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, which makes their bed and breakfast the best kept secret in Virginia Beach. My wife and I spent our wedding night here and couldn't be happier. We have spent a few nights in B&B's, but Petie's place certainly takes the cake (or should I say cookies?).

Was it the rose petals on the bed when we walked in, the wine and chocolate found on the table, or the spacious bathroom with Jacuzzi that made me pick this as the first night I would spend with my wife? Perhaps it was the two hour discussion I had with Petie as she ironed her table cloth while fresh baked cookies were busy being turned into deliciousness by her amazing baker (whom must have Peties certificate of approval before they are put out for guests!).

The bedroom is tastefully decorated with old and new world feel which made carrying my wife over the threshold that much more special. The bed is very comfy and made us not want to get out of bed. We then could smell bacon being cooked, which changed that story quite quickly.

The breakfast was a work of art along with a work of culinary excellence. She says she didn't go to chef's school, but we have heard lies before! I couldn't believe the effort they put into breakfast. While our wedding party was "enjoying" their continental breakfast at the Wynngate, we were busy nomming away at some of the best breakfast I have ever had cooked for me. My wife enjoyed every bite of her three course breakfast. The fruit "boat" came out on a half of pineapple that was filled with sweet fresh fruit that I could have sworn Petie went to the field and picked her self.

We felt bad that we had to leave to say good bye to family early that morning. Petie and her husband Phil are excellent people. You don't find people like this who take so much pride in their business these days.

Room Tip: Either room is amazing. In fact, if I had to sleep outside to get those cookies again, I would!
1  Thank Melaflander34
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2015

Brandon,
You know how we feel about you both. You are so sweet and thoughtful and was so glad you came back a second time. Phil and I can't thank you for the sweet gifts you sent us. I LOVE the teas you sent me from Germany. Love texting you and speaking with you on the phone. Look forward to hearing from you when you are back here in the states. ;-) See you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My new husband and I stayed here on our wedding night last weekend (3-15-14). We weren't there long, but will definitely be going back! Our room was beautiful, the bed had rose petals scattered across the top, there was a complimentary bottle of wine with glasses, a balloon and chocolates, a sweet customized card, and the SOFTEST robes you ever touched! The jacuzzi tub in the room is super nice, surrounded by candles. And the food... WOW! We told them what time we wanted to have breakfast, and that's when it came out fresh. 3 whole courses customized to each of our tastes. We had fresh fruit, eggs with sausage, bacon, home fries, and stuffed french toast! We ate sitting at an adorable dinette set near the window with a candle and fresh flowers. It was beautiful and well needed after such a busy night at our wedding reception. As i said, we weren't able to stay long, but have already referred it to many friends and family and will definitely be back for our one year anniversary, if not sooner!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Emily room which is on the front of the house, and next time may stay in the other...
2  Thank Andrew M

Andrew,
We are glad you chose to stay with us and even happier that you really enjoyed everything we had to offer, including our soft robes. :)
We would love to have you come back sometime to try out more of our delicious choices for your 3 course breakfast. Remember, you get the return guest discount too!
Look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My boyfriend rented the "chambre d' Elodie" for a night on my birthday followed by a massage. The massage therapist was amazing, probably one of the best hole body massage I've had. The room was clean and romantic, the Jacuzzi tub was relaxing. Phil and Petie (hopefully I have the name right lol) but they are great host and breakfast was delicious you should definitely get the french toast.

I loved it

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We were so happy that you loved the Inn and your room. We aren't in the middle of town, but on 4 acres of land, so you weren't able to walk to the beach, but as you found out, it was worth the 8 minute drive. :) Sandbridge Beach is absolutely beautiful with sand dunes, sea grass and privacy. Since there are no hotels there, it is not overcrowded like at the boardwalk. Glad you had a great time, we can't wait for you to return. REMEMBER... we offer our special discount for return guests! Come back soon, maybe on your next birthday!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visited Country Villa Inn 1/19/14 - 1/21/14 with my husband. I had such an AMAZING time! My husband surprised me with a trip here for my birthday. As soon as we got in the car to leave my husband let out a whimper and said, "But I don't want to leave!" lol I felt the same! As soon as we arrived Petie greeted us at the door and promptly showed us around the home. She wanted to make sure we knew where everything was so we could get to our relaxation ASAP. There's a lovely seating area where you can opt to have breakfast in front of the bay window, a bar area with an assortment of tea, hot chocolate, snacks and wine to chose from. There is also a microwave in the area and a refrigerator stocked with water and soft drinks but we also had a small refrigerator in our room. There's a den area available for use with very comfortable couches, a television and a clear view to the pool and backyard. As soon as I got there, I just didn't want leave! We spent our time relaxing in the room which was comfortable and cozy. We absolutely loved the fireplace in the room. There are candles everywhere for your enjoyment, ample seating and the room had a dvd player as well. The shower head was amazing. It had a mist feature that was awesome. I enjoyed the jetted tub as well. Each night my husband and I went out to the Jacuzzi on the back patio which was lovely as well. There was no one else staying at the property for those two days so we had all the amenities to ourselves. There is an area off the kitchen with two massage tables. Since I had just had a massage two days prior to arrival, I told my husband not to worry about scheduling a service.

The breakfast was AMAZING!! This three course breakfast was really more like, three breakfasts for us. The first day we had fruit that was served in a hollowed out pineapple, omelets with spinach, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions w/sausage on the side and stuffed French toast. The second day we had a berry smoothie, eggs benedict with Canadian bacon and crepes with strawberries/bananas/chocolate sauce. Everything was so good! and the set up of the table was very cute as well. We were seated right by the window with candles lit and nice place settings.

In the mornings Phil would serve us coffee and the first two courses. He also made sure to have the torch lit outside for us when we wanted to use the patio. The experience was very much customizable which is what I loved. Whenever Petie had a question, she would write it on a small note pad outside our door. This ensured that she wouldn't disturb us for any reason.

I was able to have a nice conversation with Petie one evening when I was enjoying some tea in the common area. It was just a pleasure talking to her.

My husband and I truly felt like house guests. Petie and Phil make you feel like family but then they completely respect your privacy and space all at the same time. When we got back home as we were unloading the car I told my husband, "I feel like we should call Petie to let he know we made it safe. " lol

It was just such a joy visiting this place and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Charde' I am so glad your hubby decided to surprise you with a second trip here. It's great that you enjoyed your stay, because we enjoyed the both of you. Loved our little chats and can't wait to see you both again. :)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I share birthdays and wanted to do something different so we decicided to celebrate at the Country Villa B&B. The owners of the property Petie and Phil were extremely kind and very accomodating to ensure my wife and I had a great stay. The room we stayed in was beautiful and very comfortable. We had access to the entire first floor and the other room on the property was not rented during our stay so we felt like the entire floor was ours. We had a three course breakfast every morning which was very delicious and customized to our likings. The property has wi-fi throughout and an accessible kithcen for guest with beverages and snacks. There is also a pool that is open during the summer months and a hot tub that is open through out the year which we took advantage of. We truly had a great stay at the Country Villa B&B and will be back. When my wife and I got home we felt the need to contact Petie and let her know we made it back safe :) We will be back in the Summer to enjoy the pool and the property again. We will also recommend this B&B to all of our friends.

Room Tip: Just ask Petie both rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin L

Kevin, we are so happy and appreciative that you came here to celebrate your birthdays. You were lots of fun to talk to and we hope you come back soon. Thanks for telling your friends about us.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Exactly one year ago today, I stayed at the Country Villa B&B (12/1/12). I came to the area to attend my dear friend's funeral. She passed too soon and I was grieving as I traveled without my family. I wanted something private as an alternative to standard hotels.

I could never have guessed the comfort, attention to detail, amazing food and wonderful conversation that awaited my stay. It began with the personalized menu planning and personal touch that I received while still at my home. I knew I was in good hands. Petie and Phil thought of everything and I was able to just be in the moment in a wonderful place. The oatmeal raisin cookies that awaited me upon arrival were AMAZING (and so thoughtful as I have a chocolate allergy). Petie helped me find a low key restaurant for dinner and I came home to the movie I selected. Breakfast was truly wonderful and I was able to savor the three courses peacefully and was later joined by Petie for some much needed laughs, stories and company. All these things were immeasurably helpful as I prepared to attend the funeral.

I've meant to review their wonderful B&B many times, but it seems appropriate that I do it today on the one year anniversary of my trip. You can tell that the memories are still fresh and lasting. I only hope that I can visit again with my family for pleasure the next time. Thanks, Sue Ellen

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank beggsse
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Sue Ellen,
I am sorry it has taken so long to respond, but you will be excited to hear that our wedding venue is hopping and we are making additions as well as expanding the size of the venue. We are also adding a king suite by May of 2017, work has already begun.
We enjoyed you as well and I loved our little chats. Please come back another time and hopefully it will be for an upbeat reason.
Take care!!!
Petie and Phil

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Country Villa B&B Inn for a long weekend. We had a wonderful experience!! Petie and Phil really know how to make you feel like family while providing superior service! From the couples massage, restuarant recommendations, and amazing personalized breakfasts, we could have never anticipated such a great time.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank OandCT
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

We are always very glad when guests leave rested and relaxed and wanting to return. We hope you do come see us again soon. Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate your telling others about your experience here.