“Comfortable Seclusion”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Being the parents of three young children makes getting away for my husband and I nearly impossible. When we do getaway, feeling that is was worth the cost of time and money is rare. But this was not the case for us at the Country Villa Inn and Day Spa. The owners, Phil and Petie, were delightful as both hosts and newfound friends. Beautiful decor and restful comfort were found in every corner of this lovely B&B. But above and beyond the accomodations, was the food. I begged Petie upon our departure to put together a cookbook of her recipes! I never knew breakfast could have a dessert course! We feasted our eyes on the presentation of each course on the perfectly themed dishes. But the sight was only the first sense intrigued by the menu. The taste of the food was better than any place we have eaten! This is not an exaggeration. The Mexican Omelet, the fresh fruit salads, the Stuffed French Toast, and the Warm Apple Dumplings were to die for. My husband and I have traveled to many places, both domestically and internationally, and are accustomed to unique and delicious menus. Having studied and lived in France, I feel I have had a more unique culinary experience than most. I feel confident in my honest review of Petie and Phil's menus.
The only downside to this wonderful escape, was the traffic. We did travel on Memorial Day weekend while festivals were going on locally, but the street they are located on seems busy. But after staying a few minutes, the traffic escapes your mind.
We would highly reccommed this B&B to anyone and we plan to return as often as we are able!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa

Reviewed 1 February 2009

Even though very much inspired by Phil and Peties beautiful website, nothing could have prepared us for the wonderful and unique experience of 'The Country Villa'. The welcome of folks whom you feel you have known all your life....the beautiful, meticulously decorated rooms....their amazing food. We felt truly catered for in every way. Nothing was a problem....nothing!! To appreciate, you must experience for yourself.......

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 6 January 2009

This was my first time in Virginia Beach and I will be back! Petie and Phil made sure of that. We could not have planned a better experience. Our every need was attended to with a smile. Special touches that we have never experienced in our years of staying at b and b's, made this a trip to remember. The inn was beautiful and immaculate. The food was exceptional (anything you want, just ask). A word of warning,though. Don't make any lunch plans. You certainly won't need any once Petie gets done stuffing you. Do try Havana (for dinner). It has great ambiance and tasty food. The beach is close by, but you may not want to leave the inn. It's that good! This is one of those places you just can't say enough about. It gets into your heart and soul that such people still exist. Pampering you really is their goal. After leaving here, you will definately hold higher standards for the other places you stay. Unfortunately, these kinds of places are few and far (very far) between. Thank-you so much Petie and Phil for adding a wonderfull memory to our lives.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2008

For those who like to be away from the Virginia Beach scene, this is a great choice. The inn is in almost a rural area, yet close enough to get to Virginia Beach for all the entertainment, boardwalk and more. There are also local beaches nearby that are lovely too.

The two guest rooms are meticuously clean and beautifully decorated. Some very interesting painting techniques are found in both of them.

Ask about the plans for the grounds, as they are underway now and appear to be extensive.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank CousinsIslandgirl
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Every year when our summer business slows down after Labor Day, we "get out of Dodge" and spend a few days at a B & B at one of the Atlantic Ocean beaches. We weren't so sure we wanted to stay somewhere miles from the beach instead of blocks from it, but we are sure glad we did. Country Villa Bed and Breakfast in Virginia Beach, VA exceeded our expectations. First of all, after 15 minutes with Petie, we felt as though we'd known her for years. She did everything anyone could to make our stay the way WE wanted it. We told her to make our 3 course breakfast whatever she wished when she asked us what we preferred. (Breakfasts were FABULOUS!) Not only did she stock our favorite wine, she had a bottle on ice for us when we got "home" the first evening. Home-baked cookies were always available and they were the best ever! Our room (as well as the house) was decorated old-world European while still being modern, comfortable and very pleasant with lots of little details you don't see in a hotel room. The bed was sooo comfy that I meant to take a peek at what mattress was on it before I left. We spent one evening with a bottle of wine, going from the hot tub to the pool and back again. Petie and Phil, not to mention the whole house, were so accessible to us that we really did feel like we were guests at the home of friends. A great place for our getaway!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2008

The Country Villa B&B is wonderful! My husband and I wanted a relaxing weekend together at the beach and we got everything we wanted and then some at the Country Villa. We were greeted at the door by the adorable innkeeper with homemade chocolate chip cookies, a map of the area, and all the things we needed to hit the beach. The breakfasts were not only AMAZING, but completely tailored to exactly what my husband and I wanted that morning. Our room was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable and very clean. If we had not had to return to work on Monday, we would have asked to stay longer.
The innkeepers of this B&B go to great lengths to make sure their guests are completely satisfied, pampered, and happy. Staying here was truly the best B&B experience my husband and I have ever had and we are already trying to figure out a time in our schedules when we can go back! We HIGHLY recommend this wonderful B&B!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My husband and I began our anniversary trip by spending two nights at the Country Villa B&B. It was the best decision we made regarding our trip. Everything about our stay was perfect. Petie and Phil had thought of all the little details to make our stay special. The rooms are beautiful and very romantic - lots of candles, luxurious bedding, a fireplace, and a whirlpool tub.
Aside from the place itself, Petie and Phil are wonderful hosts. Petie helped us make dinner reservations for our anniversary dinner at Havanna, a fantastic restaurant. She even made sure they gave us a booth and told them it was our 5th anniversary. After coming back from the beach the next day with a sunburn, she gave us lotion to help ease the burn. They truly took care of every question or need that we had and I felt completely comfortable with both Petie and Phil. They felt like friends.
Breakfasts are truly amazing. Petie puts her all into each breakfast to make sure each person gets exactly what they enjoy. I have never had such delicious, and beautiful breakfasts. You will never have another breakfast quite like the one you will get here.
If you are looking for a place to find a little R&R, this is the place. You will find the perfect mix of privacy and pampering. As I told Petie and Phil, we always stay at Bed and Breakfasts because of the personal touch. I think though, we found our new favorite!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple