“What An Amazing Experience At The Country Villa B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
Reviewed 20 May 2007

My boyfriend and I visited the Country Villa for Valentine's Day 2007. It was the first time either of us had stayed at a B&B. I had always wanted to, but never had the opportunity. When we arrived we were completely blown away. The elegance, beauty and charm of The Country Villa was breathtaking. And then to hear that Petie and Phill did it all themselves was even more amazing. They certainly but their heart and soul into their little oasis. What also cuaght my eye was how clean and spotless everything was.

During our stay we were made to feel that we were family coming home for a visit and were completely pampered while respecting our privacy as well.

I encourage locals as well as anyone from out of town, before you try any other B&B, PLEASE try The Countryvilla. You too will become a "regular" as Tam and I did.

Thank you Phil and Petie.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 March 2007

This was our first visit to the Sanbridge Beach area, and my fiance's first trip to America, so it was very important to me that our stay was enjoyably memorable. I was not disappointed! The villa is charming and picturesque, tucked away on a quiet street not far from the beach. Our room was beautifully decorated with very inviting colors. There were plants, but not too many. And a personalized "Welcome" card and champagne flute on the mantel filled with chocolate delights. Petie (the hostess) had thought of every tiny detail to make our stay more comfortable. From the Oscar-nominee DVDs, to a cabinet brimming with every flavor of tea imaginable (and delicious coffe for the coffee drinkers), to personally requesting our food favorites (and allergies) so that she could provide us with breakfasts we would really enjoy. And what a breakfast it was! The presentation was beautifully creative. The variety of the breakfast selections, the food pairing, the freshness and quality of everything we were served...simply outstanding. And for dinner, Petie was ready with several excellent recommendations for restaurants in the area (and even drew us a map). My fiance' STILL talks about the crab cakes he had at Havana. We look forward to visiting again, and staying a bit longer this time!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgia835
pungoinn, owner at Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2007

It was our pleasure to have you with us. We enjoy giving special attention to food likes and dislikes. We're so happy you enjoyed the meals. I gained almost 20 pounds, working on new recipes and honing their ingredients.
I'm glad that weight gain wasn't in vain. :)
Petie

Reviewed 7 March 2007

My huband and I stayed here for five days in late summer of '06. I was a little nervous about staying in someone's home, as we are normally hotel sorts of people. Hotels now pale in comparison when I remember our stay at the Country Villa! Everything was so clean and homey. Beautiful linens and accomodations in our queen bedroom. The decour reminds you as if you stepped into Europe while at Virginia Beach. The bath with jacuzzi tub was restocked daily with plush towels while we were out. And speaking of going out, Petie and Phil always had the best advice when we came to restaurants, directions or places to visit on a rainy day. Or, if you want to stay in, there is a beautiful pool and hot tub for use, tons of movies you can watch, and let's not forget to mention the breakfasts! Petie MUST write a cookbook. My husband and I never ate so well in our lives. Every morning was this wonderful 3-course meal. No store-bought pastries or cereal here! Peach baked pancake, stuffed french toast, eggs benedict, delicious fruits...we would have paid just to enjoy breakfast! This is a wonderful place to stay if you are in Virginia Beach and is a comfortable day's ride to historic Williamsburg. If you want to relax and feel like a true guest in someone's home, check out the Country Villa. We loved it!

Stayed: August 2006

Your compliments were so wonderful. Phil and I do our best to pamper our guests the way we'd like to be pampered. It's fun doing nice things for friends, and you were friends from the moment you walked through our door. We enjoyed you as much as you enjoyed your stay.
Petie

Reviewed 19 February 2007

Upon entering the Country Villa we were greated warmly by Petie the Host Extraordinare. She gave us the grand tour and we found that our home for the next few days was absolutely fabulous. The decor was very warm and inviting and our room was charming and cozy. After our tour Petie sat us down to go over exactly what we wanted for our breakfast and snacks. Everything from how we like our eggs prepared to the type of wine we prefered for our evening toast. She puts a great deal of effort into making sure guests are comfortable and taken care of.
We especially enjoyed how breakfast was prepared and served right in front of us, as we had wonderful conversation and enjoyed Peties company.
For anyone wanting to feel like they are not just another guest and that they really matter then Country Villa is a perfect choice. We spent a lot of time searching for "the right" place to stay for our VA Beach vacation, and we feel so fortunate that we made this choice.
Craig and Tina

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

You guys were a riot!!! I can't tell you how many guests called me and commented on your review.
It's probably one of the nicest feelings, having a guest call you family.
Thanks, Petie & Phil

Reviewed 19 February 2007

We had a very relaxing 2 night stay. The breakfast was incredible and the room was beautiful. The family was extremely generous and gracious. Everything about the stay couldn't have been more pleasing. I would stay there most definitly again.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 13 February 2007

I recommend the Country Villa to any individual or couple looking for a relaxing getaway. The couple that operates B&B is welcoming and do their best to cater to your needs. If you desire to sit around and have conversation or disappear in your room for the duration of your stay they will go above and beyond to insure your needs are met. The location is fairly convenient to some of the main attractions in the Virginia Beach area. If you want to get out the Sandbridge area is probably less than 10 minutes away and the main resort area of Virginia Beach is a fairly easy 15min drive (maybe a little longer). I could very well continue to rave about the Country Villa, but the most valuable recommendation I have is to try the place for yourself. In summary:

The food is excellent
The owners strive to make your stay unique and enjoyable
Accommodations are very comfortable
The comfort of home with none of the responsibility

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2007

Upon arrival to the beautifully decorated bed and breakfast, we felt as comfortable as we would at home. Everything was magnificent from the elaborately decorated rooms to the romantic bathroom filled with bubbles and candles. We were able to fully relax and enjoy spending private time with one another over a glass of wine and some of Petti's fabulous treats!

After a wonderful nights rest, each morning we would awake to a feast-the breakfast was marvelous and quite filling. Never once did we have to eat lunch!

The B&B is in a wonderful location on a quiet road, just minutes away from tons of restaurants and a clean beach.

The owners are wonderful to get to know, they will make your stay the most enjoyable experience. It is by far the best getaway in the Virginia Beach area!

We can not wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple