“A good place to stay for a night but not really for more than one day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn and Suites Virginia Beach VA

Knights Inn and Suites Virginia Beach VA
Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“A good place to stay for a night but not really for more than one day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel is a hotel to go to for a night. My cousins and I went to the knights inns and suites and the one couch had broke down when my cousin was sleeping. One of the ladies next door ran to the room we were in and said that there was a 3 inch water bug on the wall. The hotel sight says that there was breakfast int the morning and all they had was muffins and coffee. The man early in the morning is rude but the rest of the staff is wonderful. The iron was broke and so was the iron board .tgere was no pool. This is not a hotel to go to for a week or two

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kaithediva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ellicott City, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

You most definitely get what you pay for. The hotel isn't the worst hotel I've seen but it not one of the best either. I had to clean the bathroom when I first arrived because it had strands of hair in the tub and on the sink. I could tell the toilet had not been cleaned . I figured I could tolerate it for a couple of days besides other than the bathroom the suite appeared clean. The second day I was there I started itching like crazy and while seated on the sofa I noticed a small bug (which I thought was a roach). We left the following morning and by the time I got home my lower back and legs were full of small red bumps. These weren't mosquito bites like I had originally thought. Did some investigation and realized that I had been bitten by bed bugs!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Angela B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was nervous when I booked this but I did it anyway last minute trip. We arrived way too early My fault.. The gentlemen behind the counter let me have the room early since it was ready. Super nice folks. The room was clean with only a few mold spots in the bathroom nothing major. No musty smell at all. Clean kitchen. My wife arrived later and we had no issues getting an additional park space (limited parking) Nice and quiet at night once the band stopped at about 10:00

Chichos is across the street and has AWESOME PIZZA!!!!!! on the other corner is Murphys Irish pub which is always a favorite great food.

Room Tip: Only one block off the beach decent places to eat around it too.. AC Ice cold.. Higher floor room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Spent three days and nights at the hotel located one block from the beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and I enjoyed the stay and the proximity to the beach and restaurants. Great water pressure and hot water was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank McAple
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

By far the cheapest place we could find in this location. We thought we hit it lucky when we found this place... Do yourself a favor and spend more to stay at a place that doesn't have 3 inch long cock roaches. They also have no pool, horribly uncomfortable beds, and our room reeked of cigarette smoke. We were planning on staying a week, but we left after two days.. Thankfully we got a refund on the remainder of the stay, of course after calling corporate. (They refused to on site) This was an absolutely horrible place to stay though and I don't recommend it to anyone. I promise I'm not a picky person when it comes to lodging, but this did it for me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMM830
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

You get what you pay for. I was not expecting great things from this hotel. It was inexpensive and I was pleasantly suprised. It was clean and we had a nice get away from reality. I've read the other reviews and they are a bit overboard. If you want the Ritz Carlton then pay more and stay at the Ritz Carlton!

The location is great for anything. The bus is a good way to get around and this hotel is only one block from the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank beth h
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

My son and his wrestling team stayed at the Knights Inn and enjoyed the visit. The hotel was clean and the house keepers were very friendly. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. We also visited the Christmas lights on the boardwalk, very nice.

Room Tip: Brian and Dushant were very informative and helpful.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends