“Was soooo much better than others we tried!!!”

Knights Inn and Suites Virginia Beach VA
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Utica, New York
“Was soooo much better than others we tried!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This hotel was cleaner, and friendlier than any other "low Budget" hotels in the area. We go to VB every year but this was our first time here. Staff was ready for check in, and organized. The beach is just a walk across the street. This place is a great deal!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Danii1203

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Christchurch, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I stayed at the Knights Inn for the weekend while I was in Virginia Beach at a sand soccer tournament. The hotel is a small hotel access to rooms from outside motel style, it is very close to beach and the room itself was nice and clean, I will admit for me the hotel room had way more than I needed a full room with kitchen sofa and TV and then a bed room, but I would imagine this would be convenient for a family. I got a decent price for a hotel this close to the beach, $89 per night, parking was great as it was right in front of hotel and no need for a parking garage. There is no view from the room, just to parking lot, so if you want to hang in hotel room for extended period this is not for you, but if you are like me and when you travel to beach plan on being outside and on the beach and boardwalk, then this is a nice budget friendly hotel. There are no other frills such as pool, internet, restaurant, or room service. Good place for my style as I only use my hotel on a beach trip as a place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We were at Virginia Beach for a sand soccer tournament, so prices were very high for the brand name hotels. We needed a suite, and we were looking for an alternative that didn't break our budget. We didn't need fancy, just clean and close to the beach. That's exactly what we got with Knights Inn. The price was right, the cleaning supervisor and his crew were right on top of a minor issue that we had, and we had a very enjoyable stay. I would definitely stay at Knights Inn next year for this tournament. It's not fancy, but it is clean, reasonably priced, and very close to the beach. (It was also surprisingly quiet and had free Internet access.)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Tonsberg,Norway
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Booked this hotel despite other bad rewies. We liked it for the price we payed. Clean room decent size.good loacation, The staff very helpfull.Close to the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
delft
Reviewed 13 May 2010

With my partner I have stayed in the Knights Inn on 207 29th street Virginia Beach on Thursday 6 May 2010. We found a discount coupon in a newspaper and since we were going to VA Beach we decided to go to the Knights Inn. When we arrived in the Hotel we noticed a sour smell in the room but assumed this would go away if we opened the windows. Because it was dinner time we dropped our luggage in the room and went out. When we came back the smell was still there. Furthermore, we noticed that the toilet was dirty and stinking with yellow stains on it, although the seal was placed around the toilet. We found hairs in the wardrobe and one of the two queen beds was dirty. We went to the staff to complain. The gentleman behind the desk was friendly but could not do anything for us, because the cleaners were gone. He would report to the manager first thing next morning.

Next morning we went back to the manager's office. Although we were polite and quiet ( certainly given the circumstances!), the manager immidiately was very hostile to us and pointing with his finger less then 10 inches in my face really screaming things like: 'What do you want?'' and 'Ok I give you 10 dollars back'. There was no apology. If we did not like the room we should have checked out the night before and pay 100 dollars for a room further down the road. No it was like we were only after the refund. For a price like this we could not be to critical.

We think the behaviour of the manager is completely unacceptable: our complaints were not taken seriously and even our integrity was questioned. Moreover we were approached in a very hostile way. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels/motels/ guesthouses all over the world but have never experienced anything close to our unpleasant experience at Knights Inn.

A policy to sell rooms for a low price that are not cleaned and stinking is unwise. According to the cleaner that was sent to our room the next morning all the rooms were smelling. According to the manager we had the best room of all!

After a long and very unpleasant discussion the manager forced us to check out at 8 am if we wanted to receive a 50% refund.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
n/a
Reviewed 9 May 2010

When we opened the door we noticed an odd smell. The smell was musty almost like stale water. It didn't take long to figure out what was going on. We took our shoes off and noticed that the floor was wet. When we asked the staff we were told that it was because of the shampoo that they used. This was a lie, because a carpet shampooer doesn't leave a puddle in the corner.

The mini-fridge had not been cleaned out. There were three cartons of ben and jerry's ice cream still in the freezer section. This wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't unplugged the freezer. The bathroom was sort of clean but everything in the room was wet.

The floor was horrible and there is no padding under the carpet at all which made my feet hurt. The beds were horrible and the frames were held together by 2x4s that had been bolted to the frame to keep the mattress from falling out from underneath it.

The parking lot is horrible which is what everyone else on here as said. The furniture is old and the sofa bed is horrible. The mattress on that shouldn't even be there because it feels like you are sitting on a chain link fence.

Management was horrible. I called the night before and asked if it would be a problem if I showed up between 9 and 10 in the morning and was assured that it would be okay. When we showed up I was scolded for trying to check in so early. I was told that he would give me the room this time but next time I needed to remember what time check in was. Good thing there will be no next time.

When you pay 75 bucks a night at the beach, stop and think about the kind of people you are going to be staying next to. The patrons at this place were rowdy and there were several confrontations that we witnessed in the parking lot.

I must admit that the housekeeper was nice. He didn't speak much English but he was very friendly and tried to help.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
ohio
Reviewed 20 March 2010

A few friends and i stayed here for our recent spring break. We all went out looking for a good time, however this hotel was ridiculous. We traveled 11 hrs and arrived around midnight and the guy at the front desk said we were being charged an extra $90,we asked why, he knew NOTHING! we askd to speak with the mangager and he said he would be in the morning. so we went down in the morning and found out that the guy we spoke to that night was the owner of the hotel!! The service was terrible, our rooms were cleaned once every 3 days, and dont expect to take more than one shower bc you wont get anymore towels mite as well bring your own, they are the size of hand towels.we had to go to the front desk for toilet paper multiple times!! however it was walking distance to the bars and the beach, and we didnt encounter any bugs.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends