“Good Price/ Nice room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Monticello, Illinois
“Good Price/ Nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I see a lot of bad reviews, However Our experience was quite good there.
My wife and I called ahead and reserved a room, but were delayed by Traffic.
The Manager was kind enough to hold it for us even though we were late.
The accommodations were fine. The room had a small kitchen area, stove, full size fridge and freezer, Dinning table and even had a safe.
The manager I checked in with was a pleasant fellow and made us feel very welcome there. We only had one issue and that was some idiot who parked over the lines in the parking space had forced us over the line in ours and after they left we were awaked after midnight and asked to move our car so another guest could park. Really no big deal to me, just being courteous to other guest.
Its located a block from the beach and for the price I have no complaints.
I plan to stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: We had room 109
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ghard70
Belmontinn, General Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us a review of your experience that you have had during your stay with us. I would like to thank you the words of appreciation. This is what keeps us going and strive hard to work towards betterment and improve day by day.

I assure you being in this hospitality industry we strive hard to meet enough standards as of the franchised ones. I assure you that we will keep up our professionalism as well as our accommodations proper enough that all the guests who stays with us will be pleased with their stay. I certainly do look forward to see you towards your next stay with us.

Thanking You,

Belmont Inn & Suites,
Virginia Beach, VA - 23451

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Went there last weekend. After driving 5 hours to this inn, we were immediately asked for extra money, our reservation was only for 2 adults and 2 kids. We were 3 adults and a kid, there were more than enough beds to accommodate us, but apparently the manager insisted that we should pay more. Also the unfriendly manager could had super crappy English, being Indian and all, also I smelled like curry after I went into the office. Literally I was just there for 5 minutes and I smelled like a god damn Indian food! Upon entering the room, we immediately smelled the stench of cigarette. We had to buy a bunch of aromatic sprays from rite aid to make the place bearable. Very outdated and the room was very dark. Walls are also so thin, that I almost couldn’t sleep because the couple that was occupying the 2 rooms next to us were having a heated discussion, I could hear everything that they were saying.
The only positive thing that I saw was, rooms were spacious, free ice and location was great. Will never go here again!

Room Tip: spend more money. get a hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Leda Z
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking your time and giving us a review of your experience that you had during your stay with us. I would like to apologize that your stay was anything but less than satisfactory. I would like to assure you that being in the hospitality industry we strive hard and make every possible efforts to over come the problems that our guests point out at.

I would like you to give us a second chance and have a stay with us. We will make sure that we do exceed your expectations and for your future stay with us would like to offer you a free upgrade to our newly remodeled rooms at no extra costs. Look forward to provide you our hospitality during your next visit.

Thanking You.

Belmont Inn & Suites,
Virginia Beach, VA - 23451

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were only charged $89 a night for our room because the second room with the additional two beds was under construction and the freezer didn't work quite right. We thought that was a pretty good deal until we found out the only bed my friend and I had was a double we were forced to share. Okay whatever, I could deal for that price and a good location really close to the beach. Then I started to notice... the roaches. I killed about fifteen cockroaches in the four days we were there, babies and adults. They were in the bathroom and the back room mostly but I noticed one in the kitchenette as well. I put all the food in the fridge that wouldn't close up. I noticed that there were poison traps set up but they clearly weren't working. When I complained to the manager, he pretended not to understand me at first. Then when I finally got through to him he asked if I wanted him to come up to the room with some raid and spray. It was 11:00 PM and clearly spraying one roach wouldn't take care of the bigger problem. So he did nothing and we paid $300 for four days in a vermin infested room. I got home and immediately threw everything in the wash. I would not recommend this place to anyone, whether they were desperate or not. The only good things I can say about this motel is that it was really close to the beach and didn't have bed bugs. Never again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank mandapanda1116
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel/motel was everything I thought it would be considering the price in comparison with every other hotel in the area. I was HIGHLY SKEPTICAL booking a room at this place because of all the reviews I have read here. I had NO BED BUGS, my room was very clean, air conditioning was working excellent, on full blast. Walking into the room though there is a slight stinch, but it no biggy at all, because it went away after a minute or so. This hotel has a GREAT location. I parked my car when I checked in, and never moved it for the next 3 days I was staying here until I was leaving back to go home. You can walk anywhere from the Belmont. Great stay considering the great price. Now, I can't speak for the other rooms, but room 108, was great to us. lol. By the way, Log Cabin (breakfast buffet) is a 3-5 min walk from the hotel, and is greaaaaaat. Beach was a 2 min walk, literally. It was a lil sketchy upfront, manager is indian and he didnt speak very very coherently but hey, having a king bead, and a full bed, a FULL KITCHEN, tv in every room, and clean bathroom, i highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenny H
Haymarket, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Beware of a hotel that has a sign saying "No Refunds after 15 minutes of checking in" because it will take longer than that to discover that they have roaches and bedbugs. Most of the tenants of this hotel are permanent residents not vacationers.The first night it was nearly 90 degrees in the room. We reported it the next day and they brought me a fan.The second day we used the microwave and two roaches scampered out from under it. We asked one of the tenants about the cleanliness and he said to tell the manager and he would spray. When we returned from the beach they had changed our bedding and left a bottle of Febreeze. By the way, the mattresses are covered with mattress pads and you can't see anything. When I woke up the third day, my entire left arm was broken out with bedbug bites. I pulled the bedspread down and found one bedbug. Our room had 3 beds and I slept in a different bed on the third night. I was the only one with bites. My children had none.When we checked out, I calmly explained our experience to the manager and he gave us a partial refund. Don't be fooled by the overall appearance of the room because it looks clean, but you have to watch out for what don't see.

Room Tip: Definitely research the hotel and read reviews before you go!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vicki2012_12
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

My girlfriend and I after search through the internet for a good deal for one night.. we finally found one looking through the book deals.. the gentleman at the office was able to help us get a room probably the last one at $89 and got it for $50 including tax.

After coming back from the beach and strolling through the boardwalk around 11:30pm and very tired.. my girlfriend pulls the blankets and notices some small insects running all over the bed sheet.. Bed Bugs!!!!! and either an adult bed bug or a few roaches were on the pillows! Yes.. believe or not! We grab our bags and got the heck out of there.. I rang the button and showed the office employee what I recorded on my phone and he did not say anything.. I gave the card keys back, I got my refund and did not look back (I know right.. welcome to the world of cheap hotels!)

I was very surprised that the office employee did not do or say anything.. (I wasn't looking to get another room.. heck no!) he seem like he already knew that something like this happens all the time.. Im very shocked that they would allow people to check in knowing that this is happening.. Im going to the health department next!

Room Tip: I will never forget this experience.. amazingly atrocious!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Alex L
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

What a cess pool. The owner is extremely arrogant. Room had half of lights without power. Beds had bug infestations. Fridge had leftover food from prior guests. Drug dealing going on outside in the open. If you consider staying here, suicide would be a better option.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank ChicagoMike73
Belmontinn, Owner at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Nick.