“I rather sleep in my car”

Belmont Inn & Suites
Belmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New York City
“I rather sleep in my car”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was going to spend just one night in this hotel, I pay $130 and the room was horrible. I checked in and within 10 minutes I checked out. The room smelled like cigarettes and the bed was dirty and broken. The bathroom was dirty and it smells really bad. I was afraid to put any of my luggage on the bed or the floor. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. My credit card was charged for this room and I didn't sta, we check out as fast as we checked in. Hard working money down the drain.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Runner2002b

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Thurmont, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

If I could rate this hotel ZERO stars I would!! Nothing but problems!! First the "manager" called me at noon the day of my reservation to say my cc wasn't working so he cancelled my reservation. #1, they weren't suppose to charge my card until I checked out. #2, I used that cc about 30 minutes before he called (and multiple times later that weekend) so I know it was just an excuse to get me out of the room. #3, after I arrived, he proceeded to tell me that he had people coming in trying to book a room (he had none available; it was 4th of July weekend) and he would have been able to charge them over $300 for a room whereas I paid $178 booking in advance. I argued my way through the "cancellation" by telling him we were already here, waiting for the 4pm check-in time and I would provide a different cc. (He didn't even give me that option, he just kept telling me my reservation was cancelled. He could tell I was going to flip out...how can they cancel a reservation without even allowing me to provide a second form of payment?!!) We get to the hotel and there is parking for one car (it took us 2.5 hrs to find a spot for our second car). It's says on here "free parking" and even "free bus or rv parking". I could barely fit my small SUV in a spot so if you have a bigger vehicle good luck!! The room was dirty and smelly, there were missing drawers in the dresser, and the door had a gap in it. Luckily we had no need for a hair dryer, it says on here they have one...NOPE!! Please SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kristin F
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me apologize for the inconvenience you have had to go through during your stay with us and before even you checked in. I can imagine how angry or frustrated you must have been for the issue with your reservation.

During the peak season, how the system works at our property is that we do require the first night of the reservation to be prepaid in advance and the remaining balance the guest usually pay at the time of check in. However, this is not an excuse from our side for the inconvenience you have had. And I on behalf of my team force apologize. And also would like to assure you that being hotel professionals we strive hard towards meeting the expectations of our guests staying with us or looking forward to stay with us.

As a gesture of courtesy - I would like to make up to the lost opportunity to serve you. I would look forward to provide you additional 20% towards your next stay with us when you are visiting the area and a free upgrade to our newly remodeled room will be on us. We look forward to seeing you and give us a second chance to redeem ourselves.

Virginia Beach, VA

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Rustburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My friends and I had planned a visit July 20-24 for Warped Tour. Today I called to check on my reservation and the RUDEST man told me I owed $190.00 for a down deposit when I was told I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY UNTIL I CHECKED IN. Nevertheless, I cancelled my room, and will now be staying at a respectful hotel! Belmont Inn has horrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Katye M
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all let me apologize for the inconvenience that you have had for this particular instance. Let me assure you that is not the standards to which we treat our guests. We make sure that we do stand out in our guest's expectations from the point they make the reservation and throughout their stay. I think we missed that mark in this particular instance and I apologize for that.

Now, as far as the first night deposit complaint that you have had - "We do require to have the first night of the reservation to be prepaid in the peak season to guarantee a reservation and without the guarantee we do not hold the reservations and this is how our staff members are trained". I also acknowledge that you may have had been provided with the wrong information and for that I would like to speak with you and get some more information out of that. The reason being all our online partners are aware of the reservation policies of our property for the peak season - so you should not have had been provided the info. that you state to be.

Feel free to contact us as per your convenience. And I would like to extend my apologies and would seek for the second chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to the Virginia Beach area and we will make sure we stand upto your expectations and also as a token of our hospitality would like to offer you additional 10% off your next stay when you stay with us when made the reservation directly through us on a regular rate.

Belmont Inn & Suites.
meriden
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me and my family of five stayed there for two nights because of the price, and for the fact that all we needed was a place to sleep; not hang out. Being a veteran, I have slept in far worse conditions, but my family was not impressed at all. There were bugs all over the place (dead and alive), the heat did not work, the room smelled, the stove was dirty and broken, the front windows are made of plexi-glass, and the comforters were stained. The tv remote had a piece of cardboard and tape holding the batteries in. We pulled the bed from the wall because my son was startled by the amount of ants and we discovered trash, crumbs, and more nastiness between the bed and the wall. The owner (or the guy that works the front counter and never leaves) would STARE at you when you pull in with your vehicle. He would STARE at you getting out of your vehicle. He would STARE at you coming up or down the stairs. What a creepy little dude. All in all, the price is great for 3 beds and a kitchenette. My family and I are always covered under the second amendment, so safety or security wasn't an issue. If the place was clean, then I would have rated 3 stars... 5 if the creepy guy would leave or stop being so dang creepy. Ugh.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank dale s
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my thanks to you for taking your valuable time and giving us a feedback on how did your stay went with us and how we failed to perform in meeting your expectations. Let me assure you that I will certainly be looking into the matter and will be pointing out the each of the problematic areas that you have mentioned about.

What amazes me is that our staff members are not trained in this way. They are well trained professionals, but I think may be a proper training is required which I assure you will be taken care of straight away. I would suggest is upon finding in problems you can straight away inform this to our efficient personnel who will definitely try to make your stay more comfortable.

For this inconvenience I am very sorry and would like to extend my apologies and we will be providing you additional 20% discount on your next stay with us. I just would like to get another opportunity from you to serve you better on your next visit to the area and give us the chance of serving you.

Virginia Beach, VA
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I see a lot of bad reviews, However Our experience was quite good there.
My wife and I called ahead and reserved a room, but were delayed by Traffic.
The Manager was kind enough to hold it for us even though we were late.
The accommodations were fine. The room had a small kitchen area, stove, full size fridge and freezer, Dinning table and even had a safe.
The manager I checked in with was a pleasant fellow and made us feel very welcome there. We only had one issue and that was some idiot who parked over the lines in the parking space had forced us over the line in ours and after they left we were awaked after midnight and asked to move our car so another guest could park. Really no big deal to me, just being courteous to other guest.
Its located a block from the beach and for the price I have no complaints.
I plan to stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: We had room 109
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ghard70
Belmontinn, General Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us a review of your experience that you have had during your stay with us. I would like to thank you the words of appreciation. This is what keeps us going and strive hard to work towards betterment and improve day by day.

I assure you being in this hospitality industry we strive hard to meet enough standards as of the franchised ones. I assure you that we will keep up our professionalism as well as our accommodations proper enough that all the guests who stays with us will be pleased with their stay. I certainly do look forward to see you towards your next stay with us.

Thanking You,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Went there last weekend. After driving 5 hours to this inn, we were immediately asked for extra money, our reservation was only for 2 adults and 2 kids. We were 3 adults and a kid, there were more than enough beds to accommodate us, but apparently the manager insisted that we should pay more. Also the unfriendly manager could had super crappy English, being Indian and all, also I smelled like curry after I went into the office. Literally I was just there for 5 minutes and I smelled like a god damn Indian food! Upon entering the room, we immediately smelled the stench of cigarette. We had to buy a bunch of aromatic sprays from rite aid to make the place bearable. Very outdated and the room was very dark. Walls are also so thin, that I almost couldn’t sleep because the couple that was occupying the 2 rooms next to us were having a heated discussion, I could hear everything that they were saying.
The only positive thing that I saw was, rooms were spacious, free ice and location was great. Will never go here again!

Room Tip: spend more money. get a hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Leda Z
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking your time and giving us a review of your experience that you had during your stay with us. I would like to apologize that your stay was anything but less than satisfactory. I would like to assure you that being in the hospitality industry we strive hard and make every possible efforts to over come the problems that our guests point out at.

I would like you to give us a second chance and have a stay with us. We will make sure that we do exceed your expectations and for your future stay with us would like to offer you a free upgrade to our newly remodeled rooms at no extra costs. Look forward to provide you our hospitality during your next visit.

Thanking You.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were only charged $89 a night for our room because the second room with the additional two beds was under construction and the freezer didn't work quite right. We thought that was a pretty good deal until we found out the only bed my friend and I had was a double we were forced to share. Okay whatever, I could deal for that price and a good location really close to the beach. Then I started to notice... the roaches. I killed about fifteen cockroaches in the four days we were there, babies and adults. They were in the bathroom and the back room mostly but I noticed one in the kitchenette as well. I put all the food in the fridge that wouldn't close up. I noticed that there were poison traps set up but they clearly weren't working. When I complained to the manager, he pretended not to understand me at first. Then when I finally got through to him he asked if I wanted him to come up to the room with some raid and spray. It was 11:00 PM and clearly spraying one roach wouldn't take care of the bigger problem. So he did nothing and we paid $300 for four days in a vermin infested room. I got home and immediately threw everything in the wash. I would not recommend this place to anyone, whether they were desperate or not. The only good things I can say about this motel is that it was really close to the beach and didn't have bed bugs. Never again.

• Stayed July 2012