“Spacious Rooms, TERRIBLE service!!!!”

Belmont Inn & Suites
Belmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Indianapolis
“Spacious Rooms, TERRIBLE service!!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2007

My God sister and I drove 12 hours from Indianapolis to Virginia Beach for what was planned to be a 4 day vacation full of relaxation and fun.
Boy, were we wrong.
The city was great. The beach was a bit cool, but nice and Fort Story was completely AWESOME!
But, our "stay" at the Belmont Inn and Suites was completely outrageous.
Although the facility is considered a budget motel, good service shouldn't be the key component that is spared. People on a budget want to be treated with respect, too.
We felt completely uncomfortable there and the owner spoke to us as if we were tiny children.
At one point, as we were walking out of the room, he (the owner) clapped at us, and hollered a sharp "Hey, you!" to get our attention, then told us in extremely broken English to move our car.
When we first arrived at his motel, we pulled up in the front lot, un-aware that he was going to be having his pavement redone, shoo-ed us like little children out of his parking lot. We then had to park two blocks away from the motel, suitcases in tow.
The next day when his pavement was done and customers were finally allowed to park there, he insisted that we park our cars with only (I KID YOU NOT) about a foot between each car.
When I tried to explain to him that we would not be able to get out of the car, he tried to tell us that we most definitely could, and WOULD park that way.
I then tried to explain to him that our car was a rental and that I cannot take the risk of something or someone hitting the car, he then snapped at me saying, "NOBODY GOING TO HIT YOUR CAR!"
That's when I looked at my godsister, and then back at him and said, "Alright, well then we're checking out, and you will not have our business for the rest of the week!".
We maybe young, but we are old enough to stay there and NEVER gave him a reason for his disrespect.
That night after checking out, we were too tired to troll around for another reasonable hotel/motel, so we stayed the night at a rest stop and drove home early the next morning.
What was planned to be four days of fun, turned out to be 2 days of fun with a side of bull-crap hassle.
I've definitely learned my lesson as a young traveler.
Be wary. You just may GET what you PAY for.

If you value a hassle-free vacation, skip this place.

• Liked — The rooms were decent, and fairly large.
  • Disliked — Customer service and hospitality.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Rookietraveler07
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Nick
Belmont Inn & Suites.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)