“Welcoming staff made my stay worthwhile.”
Review of Cerca Del Mar

Cerca Del Mar
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2012

While some conditions were in need of improvement (such as a water leak and dryer issue), the staff are VERY hospitable (and the dryer was replaced by the end of our stay). Whether desk, housekeeping, or maintenance, everyone who works at the Cerca would greet you and ask how you were that day.

They are also welcoming and accommodating. I stayed with 60+ friends on a Cru Summer Project for the summer here, and their assistance allowed for smooth move-ins and departures. The parking spaces are convenient, and the pool is inviting after getting off of work.

I agree with a previous comment that the rooms could hold six if needed: we tested this true when visiting neighbors and preparing dinners with them. Despite room issues (such as our electronic door keys not working once), the staff yet again more than made up for it in service. Dennis from maintenance even went out of his way to fix the smoke detector when he came for the door upon noticing the need (and this was after a day of replacing door batteries).

Whether it was Dennis, Ruby from housekeeping, Jim, or anyone else who worked there, they are all people whom would give me reason to revisit if I were ever in the area!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank William C

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was in VA Beach this summer and loved staying at the Cerca! The staff was all so very friendly and if there was any small problem they were happy to help! It was a very family friendly place with a great location! It is a great value and the pool is wonderful on those hot summer days. I would definitely stay here again and recommend that you do too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JackieG324
Reviewed 15 September 2012

First of all, We chose this place because it was less expensive without realizing that if there was a problem we could get a refund. Well we couldn't so that stunk. The room we got had the couch that pulls out into a bed in the main area and by the time you sat on it for a while it pretty much sunk in. The pool water was green and cloudy so we wouldn't have gotten in it either. The internet did not work at all for our laptop and barely worked for the iphone. Then when we thought things would be settled down the people put in the room next to us were loud and unruly. I know its the beach but some people like off of the boardwalk for a reason, quiet. I am all about supporting the local business but when I told other people in the area about our stay they said the same thing that their friends had a bad experience. Do yourself a favor and spend the difference to stay on the main strip. Won't be going back to this place again that's for sure

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Me and my family stayed here October 2011 its very nice cheap and not far from beach great service pool great but I'm staying here every year when I come down I totally loved the hotel it was great staff was very professional and polite better then some I stayed at before definitely has hotels beat where I'm from

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped there on our way to the beach to find out the price. For $137 we got two nights in a room that could EASILY fit 6 people. Ok, so the baseboards were dusty, there was an open bottle of water in the fridge and some residual food in the sink's drain plug thingy. But, the sheets were clean, the floor was vacuumed, the air conditioning worked AMAZINGLY well, we had plenty of towels and toilet paper and were very close to the beach. The pool was perfectly fine, but cold (since it barely got to be 80 degrees while we were there), and the elevator was a bit rickety, but I had absolutely no problem with the motel. For less than $70 a night, two blocks from the beach, the last week of August, I think we really lucked out. Also, after checking out, we asked if we could stay parked in the lot while we went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon...the lady was so nice she didn't even let us finish the question before she was saying "That's absolutely no problem! Have Fun!" Pretty great hotel for a first vacation for a couple.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal M
MotelManagement, Owner at Cerca Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear you had a wonderful time and apologize the room was not as clean as it is should be. We hope you will choose Cerca Del Mar for your next vacation in Virginia Beach and should you have any issues then, please don't hesitate to bring them to our attention. We want to make sure you have a pleasant stay!

Cerca Del Mar Management

Reviewed 29 July 2012

deffenently is an older motel & it shows, but for the most part it was clean, frig was clean sheets were clean, ext... housekeeping was nice & cleaned everyday, you get what you pay for $89 a night ..only problems my family had was towels were dirty & stainded, check-in was at 2 and didnt check-in til 3, lady keep saying room wasnt ready, she seem to not know what she was doing because a man came in and went to see what was taking so long and came back and said the room had been ready for hours & she just didnt see the key! & also ALOT of mexicans stayed here ( not racist) just didnt feel very confortable having them sit outside our door all hours of the night!! rooms accommodate 6 people and looked like some rooms had up to 12 in them!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here July 9th 2012 for just one night, was looking for something close to the beach and something that fit our budget. We found Cerca del Mar. It was just a one day trip for us, so tried to cram alot of beach in one day, got there at 430 in the morning after a long drive. I stopped at hotel and asked if I wouold be able to park my car there and come back at check in time later- they were very accomodating. Stayed and played on the beach as long as we could trying to pass time before check in @ hotel- which is 2pm. By 11 we would pretty beached out already-shortly after we received a call from the hotel syaing we could come on over and check in any time we were ready- we didnt have to wait for the usual 2pm check in. We were so grateful for that- as the sun was getting the best of us. Check in was easy, front desk had friendly smiles. We had a room on street level next to pool. Upon opening the door we were suprised to see a large and very clean living room/ kitchenette, we walked through to bathroom and bedroom to inspect and I was very happy with what we saw. Though outdated it was clean, checked beds- everything looked great. We were 2-3 blocks from beach, - can walk to 7/11, Mc Donalds and anything you could thing of, location was terrific, and simple to get to from highway. Wish they had tv in bedroom but we survived without one for the night. Pool was clean and someone maintaining it the whole time. The only downside for me was they dont offer any type of breakfast, no danish, waffles eggs etc etc... just coffee. I would go back again for sure, like everyone else says- its not the Hilton, but we found it clean and accomodating and close to everything. Thank you Cerca Del Mar!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family