“Pricey but worth every penny!”

Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 31st Street & Atlantic Ave
Description: As Virginia’s only AAA 4-Diamond Steakhouse on the oceanfront and recipient of the Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence, Salacia offers an unparalleled oceanfront dining experience featuring culinary delights, artistic presentation and extraordinary service in an intimate environment.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Delicious food, great wine selection and exceptional service. Fine dining experience.
We were a walk up and lucky enough to get a table.
Unfortunately there was a Birthday party at the same time. The room is too small to have a private party that takes away from other's dining experience.
I did not take this situation away from their rating, as I hope it was a one time occurrence.

Nikolay D, General Manager at Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you very much for joining us for dinner. I am glad that you didn’t let that interference take away from your experience. We are trying to limit the larger parties as much as possible. I want to apologize for any inconvenience. Please come back and join us next time you are in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We wanted to have a 50th birthday party for 12 and when we called to make a reservation, we were told that they don't take parties that large. Since we are local, we knew other parties had been reserved for business events, so we contacted the General Manager who assured us we could be accommodated. When we arrived, the party (which actually was 10) was set up at two tables. This was inconvenient for the birthday guy, but he made the best of it by rotating courses between tables. We wanted to make a toast the birthday guy, but the restaurant manager approached the toaster and said there would not be any speeches tonight. The toaster said it wasn't a speech, it was a toast for a very special occasion and it was only a few sentences. When the manager walked away, he scolded the wait staff for placing an open birthday gift on a counter and had them remove it from the room. This was uncomfortable. The manager needs to be schooled on better communication and manners.

As far as the wait staff, they were outstanding. We had some guests who had special dietary needs (no dairy) and she was provided delicious alternatives. We were treated well and with consideration. My wine glass and water glass were never empty and plates were removed as soon as we finished.

As far as the food was concerned, the other table was served before we were for every course. We waited as they ate their appetizers, then they had salad and we started with our appetizer...and that's how it went the whole night. Needless to say, they had to wait on us until we were finished with our dessert...why couldn't the dessert be served at the same time????

Overall our meals were very delicious. Everyone who had the tenderloin raved how good it was. I had tuna, that I ordered medium, but it was dry without any pink center. My husband had Mahi and he said it tasted a bit over seasoned. They did serve a squash bisque as a pre-appetizer that was like gold. The salads were delicious and the desserts were amazing.

Thank you very much for your business. I want to apologize for any inconvenience that we might have caused. As you saw our restaurant is quite small and every time we accommodate a large party creates inconvenience for the party itself as for the rest of our guests. Most of the restrictions were communicated upon booking the reservation. The experience of other diners was affected as well (see review above). In my role I have to manage the experience of everyone. I took note that I have to be more diplomatic if such situation occurs in the future.
From your review seems like you enjoyed everything else.
My apologies again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This one of the best steakhouse I have eaten in in all my travels around the world. If you have the time and the money, you should eat here

Thank you very much for dining with us and your review. Please come and see us again. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The dining on the veranda for dinner feels like South Beach or even Key West. You feel like you are on vacation. The view is awesome, the food is superb and the service is outstanding! Truly pampered! Highly recommend!!

Thank you very much for your business and your great review. We are thrilled that we can make you feel like loyalty. We are looking forward your next visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The ambiance and service are reasons enough to visit this gem in Virginia Beach! The amazing food is an added bonus! Residing in Virginia Beach we rarely get out to enjoy the area as much as tourist do when they come. My fiancee and I decided to give it a try and wow did we make an amazing choice! On a busy Memorial Day weekend with families and children running around, we decided to sit outside so we could enjoy some of the weather. We were seated outside literally Oceanfront but still secluded from all the beach activity. You sit with other patrons but they have giant pillars separating the tables so it makes for a perfect romantic one on one experience. It was the first time we had been there and the server could not have been more helpful. He recommended wine and food pairings , offered to take our picture, kept our wine glasses filled constantly and seemed to come back with impeccable timing when we needed anything. We both had steaks but she had hers with jumbo lump crab and I paired my steak with a beautifully cooked lobster tail. Best steaks in Hampton Roads is definitely and understatement! All in all, Salacia is a place you wont want to leave!

Thank you very much for dining with us and letting other people know about your experience. We appreciate your comments and love your review. Thank you very much! We will be happy to have you with us again in the near future.