“Highly Recommend Beach Spa Bed and Breakfast”

Beach Spa Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Beach Spa Bed and Breakfast over July 4th. We loved the Inn, everything from the staff to the decor. The staff was excellent, they recommended an excellent restaurant for us, and even booked a reservation and left us a map with directions for us in our room. I've been to several bed and breakfasts and rate this one my top!

Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed 17 September 2007

My mother and I stayed at the B&B for a business trip. The location is fantastic and close to everything. The room was very large, comfortable and CLEAN. The bathroom is fantastic! Very cool shower/massage type tub ~ like nothing I've ever seen before in a hotel or B&B. We only ate one breakfast at the Inn and it was fantastic! If you like staying at Bed and Breakfast Inns, I highly recommend you try this one. It's quaint, very appealing and most of all, quiet!

The only recommendations I would have are:
Place a full length mirror somewhere in the room (perhaps the back of the bathroom door); need more space for storage of clothes/suitcase; place rugs at the stair landings and at bottom of stairs to pick up sand (I slipped down the wood stairs because of sand tracked on the landing and up the stairs).

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2007

My wife and I had recently moved to Virginia and were looking to get away for the weekend to relax and reconnect. She's always loved the beach, so VA Beach seemed like the place to go. After searching on-line, I came across the Beach Spa website and knew I had found our destination.

The Princess Anne room was the perfect hideaway from the stresses of moving and ideal retreat from our days on the beach. The room was cozy, comfortable and relaxing. The staff was pleasant and professional. Breakfast was delicious and convenient. And we loved the hot tub!

When the time come for another romantic and relaxing getaway to the beach, you can be sure we'll be back!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 14 September 2007

I had a wonderful time there. The rooms were exceptionally clean, well decorated, and plenty comfortable. The jacuzzi was well kept and beautifully designed and the place itself was in walking distance from most oceanfront attractions. Some people have complained about the absence of tvs in the rooms but I say it is a welcome change. Without the added noise of televisions coming from every room it just added to the appeal. I would suggest to those others who complained that they need to expand their horizons and not spend valuable vacation time in front of a television like they would at home. The only critique I can think of is that while it was good, the breakfast should offer a larger selection to those who aren't fond of quiche and salmon. The fruit was nice though. I highly recommend this location to any couple looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2007

This hotel was an absolute delight. Very well decorated, super clean, comfortable beds, excellent walking location to the beach, and really delicious breakfasts.
It was a fantastic find, and for those who want to keep their vacations as far from the boardwalk as possible this B&B should be at the top of their list.
My only constructive feedback is that having instructions for the in-room tub/steam showers would be helpful.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2007

The Hotel was clean and located perfectly. Just far enough off the beach to be quiet and close enough for a 3 minute walk. Overall it made for a great stay, breakfasts were awesome

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2007

We stayed at the Beach Spa in the Princess Anne room and my sister and her husband stayed in the Waverly . These rooms are connected by an oak spiral stairway which was nice as we felt as though we had our own little section. The rooms are lovely,and the baths are luxurious.
Michelle, the manager, is an excellent cook and a great guide to the Virginia Beach area. She has a warm, friendly personality and is very accomodating and approachable. We enjoyed our breakfasts every morning .
We ended up asking if we could keep our rooms an extra day and were delighted to find them available. We would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast and will definitely return there ourselves!

Stayed: September 2007