“It is no good for anyone to stay there,it is the wose inn ever cause they have bugs, and is not a clean place and you don't get ”

Howard Johnson Virginia Beach At The Beach
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I think the place need to be close down for it. Cause it is to many bad comment about it and all of them is true. Cause I seen it with my own eyes and my Daughter and Grandsons got bitten by bugs in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank FloridaSunShine46

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My friends and I booked this hotel through Booking .com we liked the price and it looked good on the site well when we got there it was nothing like the pictures and it was dirty cockroaches everywhere they said we sprayed twice this week well no I don't think they did we had to leave and pay 600.00 for another hotel so we would not end up with cockroaches in our bags or in our ears .The bathrooms were disgusting looked like they had never been cleaned this is not a resort inn it is a roach motel The beds were dirty they had sand and grime on them and this was the second room they gave us .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The first thing we saw entering the room was a roach. The bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned in quite some time. Hair and grime all over the bathroom floor, in and on the outside of the tub. And the door would not close. The manager was not on duty. I had to call a number to get help and this was long after their 9am open time. After waiting a half hour, I had to hunt down my own towels only to hear the staff complain. The place was a dump. Poorly run, and the smell was horrible. Never will I stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family and I booked three rooms, we only got one to begin with, as the other two were supposed to be clean. We walk in the first room and its smelled terrible, there was hair all over ther bathroom, carpet was dirty, and didn't include features that were list online. After that, we received the other two keys. On one room, the lights didn't work at all, and the other room was still a mess, according to them it had been cleaned. Worst experience ever, don't believe anything from online, check first.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Jorge52912
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was the worst accommodations I have ever seen. TV did not work, no towels in bathroom, no phone in the room to tell them we needed towels, no trash can, knobs gone off of cabinets. The room was just dirty and disgusting The front desk closed at 10 pm, yes I said closed and did not open back up until 9 am the next morning. The place is very run down, I would not even shower there I felt better dirty. Our door would not shut all the way, the door lock was broken on the adjoining room. There were people all over the motel up until 5am partying. I will be calling the better business bureau and complaining. Something needs to be done. I actually will never visit Virginia Beach ever again. I thought the area as a whole looked like a slum lord ran it.

Room Tip: Pay the higher room rate and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Sandy D
Reviewed 9 August 2013

All of these poor reviews have really taken me by surprise. My family and I has just come back from a two night stay and I can honestly say it was quite pleasant. We had expected to only be there (the beach) one day and head home that night, but the weather wanted us to stay longer so we got a room. The front desk was very polite and the owner was extremely friendly, showing us around on the map, pointing out good family places, & even dog-earing a coupon book for us. The price was low compared to the surrounding areas so we didn't expect anything fancy. The elevator was a bit creepy, but the kids & I made a game out of it to distract us. The pool was nice, cleaned every morning. The staff was very polite, asking if we needed anything whenever we ran into them. Other than that, I can't think of anything negative to say about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Rooms were filthy and worn out. Towels were collected, and then you had to wait until they had been cleaned to get s fresh set. Anything you needed took going to the office...if anyone was actually there...and complaining. After about five visits and multiple excuses and lies, you sometimes got what you needed. We walked into a room that had a broken AC, a clogged tub, a TV with no remote, no towels, no toilet paper, minimal lights, and toilet that you have to"learn the trick" to flush. After 6 hours, I apparently was expected to help the manager remove the old AC unit and replace it with a new one. He told us that he work on getting the drain unclogged, but his plumber was too hungover from getting drunk the night before to show up. This was on Saturday, and he said another plumber could come on Monday. We were unable to take showers, and after trying to snake the drain, they just left the nasty tub and said that they would be right back to clean it. Never showed back up that night. Then, around 3am, it sounded like a jackhammer in the wall. When I went to the office, no one home. Spend a little more to stay at a real hotel.. not a joint that should be charging by the hour, if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: July 2013