“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here on 12/24/13-12/25/12 and had no issues. The room and bathroom was very clean and appointed. Our room was on the fourth floor and had a great view of the beach with large windows and a patio. The bed was on the firmer side and the sheets were clean and comfortable. Shower was extremely clean with no grout spots and the water pressure was great. Breakfast was included and all of our food was hot and tasty. The location was great, with a safe parking garage conveniently out front of the hotel, we were right in the middle of the strip, and not too far away from 264 to access other parts of Virginia Beach. Great hotel, I recommend it.

Green Features: I liked that there was in-room recycling, instead of having to throw everything away, very convenient!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time here. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Virginia Beach!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for just a single night while on a business trip.
It is a great location, right on the beach. The view from the balcony was great. The only issue is the Navy aircraft zooming out over the Atlantic. (This, of course, is not the fault of the hotel since the Oceana Air Station is only a few miles away.)
My 12th floor balcony was a bit scary, as it barely is wide enough to accommodate the plastic chairs that occupy it. I am generally not afraid of heights, but this balcony had me a bit on edge because of its small area. Additionally, the latch for the sliding glass door leading to the balcony was broken; a family with children would need to be careful that a child did not venture onto the balcony unsupervised. When the front desk phoned to ensure that my room was OK (which was a nice service), I alerted them to this potential hazard.
The room itself was a nice size (I was upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite). It was, however, on the chilly side, even when I turned the thermostat up to a higher setting. The couch and carpet had a few stains on them. Since this is a vacation spot, I can understand how the room may get a bit run down by children and rowdy college students during the summer months. My hope is that the hotel takes the winter months to make improvements.
The breakfast can definitely use an upgrade. Plastic plates and utensils are supplied, and the "hot" dishes are substandard. It would be better for this hotel either to advertise and supply simply a continental breakfast or to upgrade the buffet items to make it a legitimate "full" breakfast. The halfway approach that it currently takes does not work.
Finally, the fitness room is below average. The treadmill that I used would not lower the speed or incline once it had been raised, forcing me to cut my run short.
Overall, I would recommend this place for a late spring or summer beach vacation because of its location, but would not pay over $150 per night. I think its deficiencies don't make it worth more than that, even in the summer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dlostyle77
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am pleased to let you know that we are "refreshing" the hotel in the very near future, including the fitness room! We hope to serve you again the next time you travel to Virginia Beach.
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

To Daryl and his staff at the front desk. To Judith with guest room service again I could not ask for more. I walk in they know me by face by name the room over the top clean everyone always has a smile. I am in this hotel several times a year in fact will be back in February to stay a week for class.
I always look forward to seeing my friends at spring hill see you in February best in class and business and hospitality on the beach.
Thomas Long
Chesterfield VA.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your continued patronage year after year, visit after visit. It is guests like you that give us the motivation and the incentive to provide the best service and experience possible. We appreciate the kind word about our team members, I will be sure to recognize them for their efforts. Thank you for your review and we can’t wait to see you in February!
Ashland, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family stayed at this motel the first year it opened. I am not 100% sure but I want to say that was around 8 years ago and the place really impressed us then and it did it again this December. My wife and I went with friends to celebrate their anniversary for the weekend. We stayed in a 2 queen studio suite. We got there about 12pm, not expecting to get into the room but to ask information on trying to find a certain pizza place. After talking with the gentleman at the front desk he said being as you are here let me see if your room is ready and it was so he checked us in. Awesome because the main reason for our trip was to do some bar hopping along the boardwalk so we got started early. The room was nice and clean and it appears after looking at the motel as a whole it appears to have been kept up and maintained over the years. We were in room 513 which is a end room and the view from the balcony from the right is none because it is the wall of the motel next door. Not really a big issue for me but just wanted to mention. The fridge was frozen up and I called the front desk and within 15 minutes there was the maintenance man with another fridge at the door. After being out awhile we returned and received a call from the front desk asking if we were all settled in and needed anything. Now I don't travel a lot but I have never had this happen before. Nice touch. We had breakfast in the lobby both days we were there and it was good both days. They had the standard stuff and never ran out of anything even with the motel having a ton of teenagers with families there. It appears that there was some kind of sports tournament going on. Which is the reason we never got to use the indoor pool area. It was constantly full with kids. Maid service was great. Everyone we came in contact with that worked there even if it was passing in the hall always smiled and addressed us. Never had any issues with the internet service. Which we used a lot to look up different places to go. My wife checked us out and said it was a snap. We will be back again next year.

Room Tip: if you want a full view of the beach stay with a lower floor number room.
Green Features: Its pretty cool and don't have a problem with it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again next year!
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The SpringHill Suites was a very nice place to stay. All rooms are oceanfront, it was wonderful listening to the waves crash on the beach. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on the 12th floor, never had to wait for an elevator to go up or come down. The hotel was very busy the weekend we were there but the front desk was always very helpful in ever way. We were able to check into our room early without any problems. The parking was good always spaces for our car even though it was really busy.
Breakfast was always good with a lot of food to choose from. We had a lot of family staying at this hotel with us and always had plenty of room for all of us to eat breakfast together.
I would recommend the SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront and would love to go back someday in the summer time.

Room Tip: I liked the higher up floors because you got a really good view of the ocean and beachfront
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We hope we met your needs and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you in the summertime!
Lutherville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Lively, cheerful, contemporary ambiance greets you as you enter the lobby of this property. Even better, the desk team is professional, friendly and accommodating guaranteeing quick check in. My room was a suite with a wall dividing the living and sleeping areas. Very comfortable bedding, plush bath linens are a big plus. The room also has 2 TVs! The negative? I had to unplug the iPod docking station / alarm clock because the light is too bright. Oh, real scrambled eggs for breakfast. Better than the competition two doors up. Free wifi for Marriott Rewards Silver members! I'll be back soon to visit this well managed property !

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and look forward to seeing you again for your next getaway to Virginia Beach!
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have always wanted to stay here and was finally able to do so in October.
The hotel room was very comfortable (rm 804) the room itself seemed very new, liked the fact that the room had a living room area apart from the bedroom. The only issue is that the internet was nonexistent I could receive a very limited connection which wouldn't have mattered in the summer but in the off season, a lot of the beach is empty so having a good connection is important if your on business or have work you need to do- this could be because Our room was on a high floor. The pool and hottub were really nice along with the breakfast. Great shower pressure and plenty of parking. Staff was all really nice. The room had very little wear/.tear and the hotel appeared well maintained. I would probably say that its in the top 5 hotels in Virginia beach- you definatly wont be disappointed staying here though

Room Tip: all rooms face ocean so this really isn't important
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ocmdtraveler
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your very kind words and review of your last stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide a it is great to hear when we hit the mark! We hope to see you again soon!