“My first visit to VA beach has been wonderful thanks to your workers.”

SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I would like to send extended thank yous to your Great staff Ailisha Parker, Alexis, and john. They showed so much professionalism. Great hospitality. Respectful and all ways possible. Alot of companies don't show great aspect in all areas like these individual workers showed me & my family, VA beach oceanfront springhill suites you work with wonderful people.

• Stayed: January 2014
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel and the kind words about our staff. We are glad that you had such an extraordinary stay with us while you were visiting the Virginia Beach area. We are lucky to have people like Ailisha, Jon and Alexus on our team to provide great service to our guests and provide the kind of service that we strive for. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I took our three year old son to Virginia Beach last September for the first time. We knew nothing about the area so we chose Springhill from its Trip Advisor reviews and its reasonable prices. We stayed for 6 days and with the exception of a few minor things our trip stay was exceptional. I find pro and con reviews helpful so here it is:

Pros:

- Location, Location, Location! Easy beach access, wonderful views, and right beside the beach playground
- Front Desk Staff: very friendly and helpful. Attentive to your needs.
- Large rooms: Gave enough room for our son to run around
- Great Breakfast: Something for everyone, always hot, and clean dining area.

Cons:

- Pools: The indoor pools chlorine was so strong it burned your eyes and throat just to be in there. It was also extremely hot in the room and in the water. The outdoor pool is actually at the hotel two doors down. It says next door but you have to cross over a owner condo property and there were very rude to us for just walking through there parking lot. Signs outside directing you to the pool would be helpful. The actual pool itself was very nice.

-Housekeeping: Our room was very dusty when we arrived. I didn't stress it but by the third day of not receiving housekeeping services by 1pm after being gone all morning I hung the do not disturb sign up and dealt with an overflow of trash cans because they seemed to want to clean our room in the late afternoon when my son was napping.

-Carpet and Sofas need replacing: The carpet in our room was very stained. It didn't seem to be dirty ( our white socks stayed white) but it was an eye sore. Same with the couch. Also could use fresh paint ( lots of marks on the walls).

Even with a few cons this was still a nice hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on the second story large balconies. We were two floors above them and ev...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jessica d
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. We are excited to let you know that we are almost finished with our indoor pool renovation and hope you can return to see it! If you are ever back in the area we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've been here actually several years ago. It was a brand new hotel. Very colorful and fresh. A real Marriott :) Its right on the beach and you can find plenty of restaurants, shops and amusements around.

Room Tip: all rooms have the same view :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm glad we delivered consistent service. We are so pleased you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I stayed here on 12/26/13-12/29/13 and we had no issues. The staff was great and very helpful. The rooms were clean and the oceanfront view was spectacular! Being able to see dolphins jumping and swimming from our balcony was an awesome experience! The holiday lights on the boardwalk is great, too!

Although we didn't get to use the pool becasue it was down for maintenance two of the days we were there, and when it did opened, we returned to late to use it, it was nice knowing they care about the upkeep of their facility and equipment. We were also able to save a lot of money because of the "hot" continental breakfast they serve. I would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher rooms for better view of ocean and beach, especially is you are staying during the Christmas...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your very kind words and review of your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide and when we hit the mark it is very satisfying. We appreciate your understanding in regards to our pool maintenance and are thrilled the dolphins added to your enjoyment. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My Husband and I stayed here Dec 26-27th and enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff including Nikki were amazing and very accommodating. They answered our questions, took care of our needs and were friendly which just added to the great experience we had. They even had left us phone messages to check on us and make sure we happy with everything. It was like we were the only people in the hotel. Customer care and service were definitely high priorities for them. All staff that we encountered were also very pleasant and helpful such as Judith in housekeeping. The rooms are getting ready to go through a renovation so we are looking forward to returning. I used the exercise room, loved how you could look at the ocean while exercising, however, the equipment has a lot of wear on it and hope it will be included in the renovation. We search for the best place to stay and I think this place gets the most bang for the buck.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. I am pleased to hear the team made a positive difference in your stay. We look forward to being your home away from home whenever you are in Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here on 12/24/13-12/25/12 and had no issues. The room and bathroom was very clean and appointed. Our room was on the fourth floor and had a great view of the beach with large windows and a patio. The bed was on the firmer side and the sheets were clean and comfortable. Shower was extremely clean with no grout spots and the water pressure was great. Breakfast was included and all of our food was hot and tasty. The location was great, with a safe parking garage conveniently out front of the hotel, we were right in the middle of the strip, and not too far away from 264 to access other parts of Virginia Beach. Great hotel, I recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time here. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for just a single night while on a business trip.
It is a great location, right on the beach. The view from the balcony was great. The only issue is the Navy aircraft zooming out over the Atlantic. (This, of course, is not the fault of the hotel since the Oceana Air Station is only a few miles away.)
My 12th floor balcony was a bit scary, as it barely is wide enough to accommodate the plastic chairs that occupy it. I am generally not afraid of heights, but this balcony had me a bit on edge because of its small area. Additionally, the latch for the sliding glass door leading to the balcony was broken; a family with children would need to be careful that a child did not venture onto the balcony unsupervised. When the front desk phoned to ensure that my room was OK (which was a nice service), I alerted them to this potential hazard.
The room itself was a nice size (I was upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite). It was, however, on the chilly side, even when I turned the thermostat up to a higher setting. The couch and carpet had a few stains on them. Since this is a vacation spot, I can understand how the room may get a bit run down by children and rowdy college students during the summer months. My hope is that the hotel takes the winter months to make improvements.
The breakfast can definitely use an upgrade. Plastic plates and utensils are supplied, and the "hot" dishes are substandard. It would be better for this hotel either to advertise and supply simply a continental breakfast or to upgrade the buffet items to make it a legitimate "full" breakfast. The halfway approach that it currently takes does not work.
Finally, the fitness room is below average. The treadmill that I used would not lower the speed or incline once it had been raised, forcing me to cut my run short.
Overall, I would recommend this place for a late spring or summer beach vacation because of its location, but would not pay over $150 per night. I think its deficiencies don't make it worth more than that, even in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dlostyle77
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am pleased to let you know that we are "refreshing" the hotel in the very near future, including the fitness room! We hope to serve you again the next time you travel to Virginia Beach.