“Excellent!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The week was in this facility was wonderful. The location is great. It's close to a couple of excellent nice restaurants. The property was clean. The breakfast was great. We stayed in a double room suite. It was spacious for our family of four. The ONLY thing that didn't exceed my expectations was the mattress and bedding. It was not quality and my back hurt in the mornings. The mattress wasn't terrible by any means. It just wasn't excellent! I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th floor, room 700. Spacious!
Green Features: Very environmentally conscious! They received an award for this.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie L
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. See you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
shrewsbury pa
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here about 3 years ago and enjoyed the location so much that on a recent trip I booked it again . The location is great , its on the quieter end of virginia beach, all rooms are ocean front with balconies. The early morning is amazing to either sit and watch the sunrise or go for a walk on the boardwalk which we chose to do.The breakfast was good ....typical marriott amenties , not too crowded and what a beautiful view to look at while eating your breakfast. Floor to cieling widows in the breakfast area with a view of the ocean.
We were in town for a funeral which did not start until almost 2 hours after check out , the front staff was so helpful with this with extending our late check out time.... a big THANK YOU goes out to them.
I read some reviews about carpets etc. its a beach hotel and due to the traffic , wet towels etc which are to be expected , I did not find the room in bad shape . When you stay at a beach resort there will be some wear and tear , this one had minimal.
My only complaint was follow up from the staff on a pair of dress pants my husband left behind in the closet. I called a number of times each person took the information and said they would call backone way or another..........never happened
But if you stay here you will not be disappointed just don't leave anything behind.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor for a great view although all floors have a good view .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jlmk
Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm glad we're able to deliver consistent service. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time here! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach!
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a double room 11th floor suite that was very clean and seemed updated. Awesome view: ocean, surfers, dolphins, beach. Check-in and checkout was a breeze. Breakfast had a lot to offer, hot and cold options. We had two young children with us and they loved the beach, the indoor pool, and the playground right outside on the beach. The entire vacation was relaxing and wonderful and we didn't want to leave!
Extra kudos for the staff, we declined housekeeping the first day so they promptly provided extra clean towels that we requested. Second day we asked for the room to be cleaned when we left for an afternoon, and it was completed within an hour. The management also called twice to verify that the room had been cleaned for us.
I gave 4 stars because of a few minor details: I wish the tv had a guide station so you didn't have to flip through all channels to see what was on. Also, no pay per view movie options for when we were hanging out in the room during rain. "Gift shop/market" was really just a shelf and a fridge with some limited snacks next to the front desk. Some other hotels have some kids sand toys they lend out, that would have been nice too. These are the kind of above and beyond details that make a place excellent and since Springhill was pricey it would be nice to offer some extra amenities. But overall we loved this place and will definitely return!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your home away from home whenever you are in Virginia Beach!
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I got the opportunity to have a business meeting in Norfolk. I had the afternoon free before the day of the meeting. Great choice to pick this VA Beach hotel!

I was greeted by wonderful folks at the front desk. Checked in and settled in 5 minutes! Went for a nice walk on the boardwalk - this hotel is on 9th street so going down and back on the boardwalk is about 5 miles. The lady at the front desk, Raquel, gave me a great place for dinner that the locals go - Tautogs. Thank you for that!!!

Room was very nice - every room has a balcony facing the ocean! Rooms on my floor had been recently upgraded. Nice pool and hot tub both outside and inside. Breakfast was very good.

Overall a very nice place to stay on the VA Beach Boardwalk!

Room Tip: Second floor has bigger balconies!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JessFuquay
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your very kind words and review of your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and when we hit the mark it is very satisfying. Raquel will be recognized for her efforts. We hope you will return to visit us again soon!
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Loved the location,breakfast, and big rooms. Didn't love the attention from housekeeping . I asked for towels because after our first night our room wasn't touched . I never got them plus dust is so thick on tv and dressers. They are suppose to change sheets which they have not done after 4 days. Also one of the reasons we stayed here wAs because of the outdoor pool. It's very nice but i was told that the cabana bar would only b closed one day while we were here and it hasn't been open yet:(. I was also there one day to relax and the cabana was being used by staff who constantly complained about everything so loudly that I had to get up and move Not what I want to hear on my vacation. I think I might move north to the hilton property that I had been looking at in the first place. ???

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites. We are happy that you were pleased with some of your stay with us, but apologize that we disappointed you in other areas. The negatives have been addressed with the team for improvement. Again, thank you for your review and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.
silver spring, md
Reviewed 19 May 2014

SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an amazing hotel with an amazing staff. We were checked in, in under 5 minutes with key in hand and heading out to park the car.

Our suite was amazing. We had a double balcony which was great. Neither of the pools,(they have both indoor and outdoor), were ever crowded so taking the kids swimming was no problem. Also, with the beach right out side of the hotel's door, it was yet another option for the kids to play in the water.

The breakfast was good. They had eggs, sausage, gravy, grits, biscuits,fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and an assortment of bakery items. The staff that serviced the breakfast are was courteous and personable.

I travel with a scout group quite often and this is first hotel that ALL of the kids agreed that it was the "best hotel they have stayed in since we began to travel".

I personally will be coming back and very soon.

Rebecca Jackson

• Stayed May 2014
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I always stay at the Marriott brand hotels but this was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites by Marriott. This hotel is not worthy of the Marriott name. We stayed on the third floor in a one bedroom suite. The carpets are worn and stained. The couch cushions where stained and one was so stained they just flipped it over instead of cleaning or replacing it. The indoor pool had a sharp part on the bottom that cut my son's foot. The one pro was the continental breakfast stayed supplied. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Clwaples
Thank you for taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites. We are very sorry that your recent visit did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been addressed with the team and we appreciate your input so we may improve going forward. Again, thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future travels.