We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for a mini vacation. While we were at first a little disappointed to be on a low floor, it turned out we were QUITE fortunate to get one of their larger suites with 2 rooms including a separate bedroom with 2 queens, a living area with a pullout and dining table, and a HUGE veranda as opposed to a small balcony! The windows do NOT block the sound from the fighter jets tho, so be prepared for an early wake-up except on the weekends!
All rooms are oceanfront and have fantastic views! The beach in front of the hotel is fairly clean has lifeguards and volleyball nets. You can rent umbrellas and chairs (cash only) by the day. Contrary to what i'd read tho, canopies do NOT seem to be prohibited, so if you have one, bring it!
Our room had a fridge (which had a bit of ice in it, but it was at least working!) and a microwave, which were great for leftovers.
The (free) valet parking and front desk staff members were all quite accommodating and friendly! And housekeeping was done at a very reasonable time,which was much appreciated!
The bath offers 2 separate rooms and 2 vanities, which makes it much easier for 4 people to get ready! And the towels were 1. SOFT!! and 2.There were PLENTY!!! Paul Mitchell bath products were nice!
The hotel's outdoor pool is actually separated by condos, just north of the hotel. We really didn't hang out there much, but it seemed clean (given the challenge of VERY sticky sand!) and while not a ton of chairs, it looked adequate.
The staff at the pool bar is great! VERY friendly and attentive!! The Orange Crushes, while NOT made with the great ice Watermans uses, are still REALLY good!! Lunch wasn't bad either! GREAT fries (if you like old bay!!!) and the steamed shrimp was pretty tasty too!
The orange water in the lobby is really good :-)
The NOT SO GOOD
The wireless internet connectivity went from spotty to non-existent!
The mattresses are quite soft and the pullout wasn't particularly comfortable, but that's pretty normal.
The free breakfast was a big chaotic and the quality varied from day to day. The area as actually kind of messy (particularly by the waffles) and the staff was a bit slow to replenish food and more importantly, coffee! Ending at 10 meant at 9:59:59, it was OVER. juice machines were OFF, coffee was GONE.
The hotel is on the south end of the boardwalk. You can walk to Rudee Inlet for jetski rentals or to go to Big Sams or Rudee's on the inlets (sit on a swing!) There are 3 other Marriott properties between this one and the Neptune end, so lots of options if you're a Marriott customer. Rent a bike and and go end to end! Well worth the trip if only to see the Neptune statue and the landscaping at some of the newer hotels!! (But watch out for the oblivious folks standing in your way!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations, and even business trips are enjoyable and memorable. Our Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel's beachfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia is perfect for those who want to step just feet away from their guest room and sink their toes into the sand. Our hotel features all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini refrigerator, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, free local calls, and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront lets you unwind and cherish every moment in Virginia Beach, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites