My family and I went there in September of 2008 for 4 nights and 3 days. We had made our reservation and I had requested a 2nd floor room for the large balcony i had heard about. We got that room on the 2nd floor, and the balcony was huge! Enough room for a table, a few chairs, bike storage and a few kids running around.
We got to the hotel about midnight and check in was quick and easy. Parking was good-an attached parking garage that was 4 or 5 stories high, but not that long. I dont know how good parking would be in busy season, but in early September, it was easy to find a space every time we needed it. I opened the door to the balcony to hear the ocean and noticed the carpet was wet. Didnt think much of it until the next morning, when the carpet was soaked and the towels we put down were soaked, too. Some pipe was leaking, and we had to move to another room-no longer a second story one. :(
we had a 2 queen suite-the beds were large and comfortable. the living room area had a fold out couch big enough for 3 kids, a flat screen TV and a desk. the mini kitchen area needed a bigger refridgerator-this one looked like a tiny one you have in college dorms. 1 bottle of water provided. the balcony was awesome, even if smaller, and the views were amazing. CLose enough to the ocean that you coudl easily hear it while laying in bed.
Very colorful and bright throughout. Large lobby with chairs to overlook the ocean. Breakfast buffet-free!-with many choices from cereal, to sausage, to eggs, to pastries to fruit, yogurt and a waffle maker. Though, if we went in prime season i'd imagine it woudl be hard to find somewhere to sit in the lobby! It is large, but not enough seats for everyone to eat. The staff was great and when my kid wanted a cereal they didnt have out, went and got it for him.
The indoor pool was also very colorful and nice. Some sand in it, but I guess that is to be expected. Must use room keycard to enter pool. To get to bathrooms from pool, you have to exit the pool area, and walk around a corner. Not too convenient when you are the only adult with 3 kids. Many lounge chairs, a table and chairs, and a hot tub all in same area. towels provided-no lifeguard, though. Not a diving pool, the deepest area wasn't over 5 feet.
To get from the hotel to the beach, there were 2 or 3 entrances from the lobby area directly to the boardwalk and a mere few feet from the beach. Keycard also required to get back in.
Out front of the hotel was an awesome pizza restaurant (Planet Pizza), a subway with Dippin Dots, and several souvenier shops. Many, many shopping opportunities nearby. A water park nearby-though closed in September. an amusement park down nearby, but it looked kind of shady. The boardwalk-3 miles of walking, biking, running, skating, etc by the beach. Loved it. Several places to rent bikes or surreys-I have never seen as many bikes around as I saw in Virginia Beach. There was also a playground on the beach right near the hotel. Pier nearby, too, for walking or fishing (that cost money).
3 computers with internet access in lobby of hotel, small snack shop by the front desk, outdoor pool was beside the hotel, and had a bar/some food available for a bit of a hefty price, but they would tack it on your room bill-also only availabe to guests of the hotel. Several sand rinsing stations right near hotel, too. Washer and dryer on an upper floor, with detergent available for purchase.
Overall, it was a really nice place to stay and we would gladly do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at the SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations and even business trips put a smile on your face. Featuring all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini-frig, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless internet, free local calls and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. Our oceanfront hotel lets you unwind and cherish every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites