Travelling with teenagers, I wanted to find a place oceanfront and on the boardwalk to make it fun for them - this place was it! We had the Queen suite, a fairly large space (780 sq ft) with the sitting area separate from the bedroom. I had at first made a reservation at the sister hotel of the Fairfield Inn because it was closer to the Beach Street area of 17th - 25th street. (Nighttime along that strip is full of fun things - concerts, magicians, etc). I am so glad that I changed to the SpringHill suites as our room was larger and only cost a little more (500 sq ft compared to our 780 sq ft, $345 at Fairlfield, and $349 at SpringHill). Also, the beach was much less crowded. From our balcony, I could see the beginning of the Beach Street area which is next to the Virginia Beach pier, and it was definitely more crowded there than where we were on 9th street. My teenagers loved it and didn't mind the walk to get up to Beach Street area.
Prior to making my reservation, I read previous reviews and I concurr with some items - such as the breakfast buffet was absolutely fabulous! Included were make-your-own waffles (complete with whipped cream!), sausage, grits, eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, biscuits, etc. All of this is included in the price of the room. I will also concurr that the line was very long for breakfast if you try to eat from about 8:30 - 10:00. I had no trouble getting food at 7:45, and I noticed no line at about 10:15 (breakfast lasted from 6:30 - 10:30). Food was plentiful and constantly stocked so even at 10:15 nothing was lacking. Another previous review said the coffee pot in the lobby was empty at times, but that did not seem to be an issue during our stay. I was also especially pleased to see lemon packets to go along with the many varieties of tea.
The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Although we got there 3 hours prior to check in time, they gave us pool passes so that we could use the pool, and gave us the parking pass so that we could park. They also took my cell phone number so they could call us when our room was ready.
It may have been a little pricey to some, but all-in-all it was definitely worth it! and in all honesty, I believe you get what you pay for. Sure, we could have gotten a cheaper hotel and a cheaper room, but I honestly don't believe our stay would have been nearly as fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations, and even business trips are enjoyable and memorable. Our Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel's beachfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia is perfect for those who want to step just feet away from their guest room and sink their toes into the sand. Our hotel features all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini refrigerator, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, free local calls, and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront lets you unwind and cherish every moment in Virginia Beach, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites