Just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband and two young daughters (aged 3 and 1) and we loved this hotel!
Room: W e stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 8th floor which was perfect for our needs when traveling with young kids. The suite had a separate bedroom, kitchenette with mini fridge and microwave (which we used for quick lunches before naptime), dining room table with 4 chairs, 2 TVs (with all the standard cable channels you would expect), and pullout couch in living room. I preferred staying on the higher floors to minimize the street noise late at night and to maximize the excellent ocean views. The room still seemed in fairly new condition to me and I am pretty picky. The free wi fi was slow but at least it was free!
Service: Excellent from front desk to valet to housekeeping. All our requests were met in a timely fashion and with a smile. We usually stay in fairly high end hotels and we were surprised that our service here exceeded some we have received at 5 star resorts!
Location: Located at a less crowded, less noisy end of the beach within walking distance to many restaurants (we went to Planet Pizza and Mahi Mahs). The wide beach and clean boardwalk were both literally right in front of the hotel and there was also a children's playground on the beach that my kids absolutely loved. There is a store to buy milk and rent family bikes (so much fun!) just across the street from the hotel. I would say this was the perfect location for families with young kids.
Housekeeping: Always had plenty of towels and room was cleaned promptly every morning as requested. Again, I am pretty picky about cleanliness and I had no major complaints. Of course, I did not expect large fluffy robes and turn down service at this type of hotel either.
Pools: Never used the outdoor pool since the weather was too cool but used the indoor pool daily. I know previous reviewers have complained that the indoor pool was too cold but that was not the case for us. I guess hotel management must have responded to these reviews by heating the pool because it was like bath water and we enjoyed using it after playing at the beach all morning. We were the only ones there every time we went so we definitely did not have to fight for chairs or towels.
Food: Never ordered room service but did partake in the complimentary breakfast buffet daily. This was another convenient feature to the hotel, especially when traveling with kids. Food was standard breakfast fare, nothing gourmet but a wide selection of hot and cold foods and plenty of it. It was a great way to fill up and start the day. The only thing missing was whole milk for my one year old...only had skim and 2%.
We had a great time at Virginia beach and at this hotel. Of course it didn't hurt that we had perfect weather and traveled during off season to beat the crowds. We usually travel to the Caribbean and other tropical locations but we wanted a quick long weekend getaway from Northern Virginia. We were very pleasantly surprised and certainly plan on returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations, and even business trips are enjoyable and memorable. Our Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel's beachfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia is perfect for those who want to step just feet away from their guest room and sink their toes into the sand. Our hotel features all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini refrigerator, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, free local calls, and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront lets you unwind and cherish every moment in Virginia Beach, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites